• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday is going to be interesting

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to use SJ in the Edmonton reference, but I thought trading the goalie in-division might be a long shot.

well theres no way Miller is going to edm with a NTC

i think the canucks have seen all they need to see from Milt-sy ... and the power of persuasion that Rollie MOLE-ansen has on this franchise is unbelievable ... he likes his moldable young automaton goalies ... the vets and goalies with ego dont listen to his teachings lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as always provies was gold last night ... wish he was healthy so they could trade him to a team in the east with a gm that only watches canucks games played in the eastern time zone ... Im looking at you Noni-han

BEST STAT

40 — This is the number of even strength goals against Kevin Bieksa has been on the ice for.

It was the most on the team, until Luca Sbisa was on the ice for one in the first, bringing his total to 40.

Bieksa hasn’t played since Jan. 20

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A NTC rules out Edmonton. That is why NTC's exist .

Vancouver will do what they always do. They'll ride Lack until Miller demands a trade. Which we'll get nothing back in.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver will do what they always do. They'll ride Lack until Miller demands a trade. Which we'll get nothing back in.

hopefully sharks come calling first

as for getting nothing back ... Botch asked an interesting q last night:

How many goalies in the NHL do you believe could you get a top ten pick for right now?

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Horvat pick up for Schneider wasn't too bad

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dhd:

"canucks instructions to fix things"

B-onjOCUMAAt2mz.png:large

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank Rask Price Rinne Quick.

Thanks. I had 1, 3 and 4.

I cant make up my mind about Rask. Good, but. A little too many flashes of inconsistency for me. Sometimes I want to criticize him for hot winning a Cup, but then I look at the "scorers" on his team. Yikes.

Quick has won Cups, but seems like he wont steal games like the others on the list.

I am probably being overly harsh on both. What do I know, best goalie our team has had in my lifetime is Jacques Plante.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I had 1, 3 and 4.

I cant make up my mind about Rask. Good, but. A little too many flashes of inconsistency for me. Sometimes I want to criticize him for hot winning a Cup, but then I look at the "scorers" on his team. Yikes.

Quick has won Cups, but seems like he wont steal games like the others on the list.

I am probably being overly harsh on both. What do I know, best goalie our team has had in my lifetime is Jacques Plante.
Quick was the only one I paused on, but he was indeed fantastic in the 12 playoffs and in the 14 Olympics, too. I could see people leaving him off, and that's fine. Personal opinion I guess.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can never have enough goalie controvers ... sorry i just meant goalies ... big guy ... he attended Canucks prospect camp this season :noidea:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depth is great, we can trade others for picks. restock restock restock

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
botch spin:

Like Sven Baertschi was ever going to fit in Calgary.

The former junior stud and top-15 pick doesn’t exactly scream Brian Burke. He’s skilled, soft and needles toward undersized.

But he has skill for days, and he has an outspoken father, Hans Ruedi, who ripped head coach Bob Hartley for putting his son in a “straightjacket.”

As if dad point wasn’t clear enough earlier this season, he was quoted in a Swiss paper saying:

“A trade would be the best for everyone involved and that’s what I’m hoping for. I think we’re done with Calgary.”

There is some debate about whether Baertschi asked for a trade in the fall, after being sent down. Hardly matters, he was never going to work in a Burke/Hartley world.

Interesting that only two years ago, Baertschi was one of a handful of players the Flames declared untouchable.

Now, he’s a Canuck, desperately in need of a fresh start, and acquired by the organization for a second round pick.

The trade probably says more about Benning than any yet. That’s because Baertschi doesn’t fit the Boston model narrative or Benning’s own words.

And neither did Linden Vey, another young player the Canucks gave up a second round pick to acquire.

At last year’s draft, Benning declared he “want(ed) to get this team to a meat and potato style.”

There is nothing meat and potato about Baertschi which does give a nod to why things never worked, and were never going to with Hartley.

Baertschi played only 15 games with the Flames this and only once in 2015. In that one, he played the toughest competition, had few offensive zone starts and got predictably pounded possession wise.

What exactly was the point?

Unless you were trying to put a player in a straightjacket just to see if he could get out.

Well, he’s out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.