• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe how quickly the Canucks tumbled out of a playoff spot. Oh wait...

They went .500 in a January in which they played teams ranked first, second, fourth, eighth and thirteenth in the league right now, and that isn't including the defending Cup champs. This team bottomed the fuck out last year and they're in a playoff race - how spoiled do you wanna be?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe how quickly the Canucks tumbled out of a playoff spot. Oh wait...

They went .500 in a January in which they played teams ranked first, second, fourth, eighth and thirteenth in the league right now, and that isn't including the defending Cup champs. This team bottomed the fuck out last year and they're in a playoff race - how spoiled do you wanna be?

This is what I'm thinking

Canucks aren't playing great by any means but they have a shot this year and that's all you can ask for - they've hung in there and while they might not be as exciting to watch as they used to, they have a shot at the playoffs and they're hanging in there so the fans should be happy

I'm surprised they're talking about wanting to sell at the deadline, as long as Ryan Miller is there they're not going do down the drain late in the season again, I don't think

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, watch the games :L ... the window is not just shut ... it has bars on it now ... sure they could sneak into a playoff spot ... Lord Linden promised that for this season when he took the job ... but I dont think that should be the goal at this point ... take out the buffalo and zona "blowout" wins and they have scored 35 goals in the past 21 games

They have to sell in the sense of trading veterans to get young players with upside NOW ... Im not saying blow out sale and go for draft picks like the tank teams

only 1 player in their top 6 is under 30 ... they need to get younger and they have to get more skilled ... its a tough ask but Benning already spun a 5th round pick into Clendenning who in only a couple games has looked like he has better offensive skill than anyone on their backend

I only wish Bieksa didnt break his hand

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, watch the games :L ... the window is not just shut ... it has bars on it now ... sure they could sneak into a playoff spot ... Lord Linden promised that for this season when he took the job ... but I dont think that should be the goal at this point ... take out the buffalo and zona "blowout" wins and they have scored 35 goals in the past 21 games

They have to sell in the sense of trading veterans to get young players with upside NOW ... Im not saying blow out sale and go for draft picks like the tank teams

only 1 player in their top 6 is under 30 ... they need to get younger and they have to get more skilled ... its a tough ask but Benning already spun a 5th round pick into Clendenning who in only a couple games has looked like he has better offensive skill than anyone on their backend

The problem is, there are too many teams in the playoff race who won't want to trade their young players who have upside now for veterans - they feel like their young players are every bit as good

The Canucks have some real nice prospects in the pool like Jake Virtanen and Jake McCann just to name a few, those guys come up in a few years and they will make the team better - sure, you can trade a guy here and there and maybe you don't get worse, but the Canucks are not THAT bad - much better than what I thought they would be - this is also the middle of the season, which is the dog days imo because teams tend to go into la la land in the middle of the season, maybe with the season getting later now, there will be a burst of energy with this team where they see they have a shot at the playoffs and they feel it's legitimate - the fact they're still hanging in there, even after struggling lately, tells me they have a decent shot if they play good enough the rest of the way

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't disagree with anything you say, and I'm not even accusing any Nucks fan here of overreacting. But it sounds like the majority of the fanbase appears to believe this is a hopeless team run by fools who aren't worthy of their time, epitomized by the dwindling ticket prices. I find that extreme for a team in a position 14 other teams would kill to be in.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with anything you say, and I'm not even accusing any Nucks fan here of overreacting. But it sounds like the majority of the fanbase appears to believe this is a hopeless team run by fools who aren't worthy of their time, epitomized by the dwindling ticket prices. I find that extreme for a team in a position 14 other teams would kill to be in.

Youre projecting what you feel about your team there boss

/
I think fans are hopeful for what Benning is doing ... he has a huge tough job to try and rebuild on the fly

the dwindling ticket prices and attendance drop (this part isnt new) is more to do with their piss poor home form , over the past couple of years , and more recently in their past 7 at home ... 2 and 5 record .. again take out buffalo ... 1 and 5 record ... 7 goals scored on home ice in their last 7 games :L THATS ENTERTAINMENT!!!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This

Everyone was happy when Trevor Linden came in because he was a breath of fresh air, let him and his staff do what they need to do - they're on a solid track

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks guys for telling me what the majority of the fanbase in my market feels :L

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But...but...the Latvian Locomotive.

lol :whistle:

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]562844832595726336[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

/the winnipeg game was prob the most entertaining canucks game of the year which isnt saying much

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the latvian locomotive needs to stay with the club so we have a cant miss ALL STAR game attendee next year

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre projecting what you feel about your team there boss

/
I think fans are hopeful for what Benning is doing ... he has a huge tough job to try and rebuild on the fly

the dwindling ticket prices and attendance drop (this part isnt new) is more to do with their piss poor home form , over the past couple of years , and more recently in their past 7 at home ... 2 and 5 record .. again take out buffalo ... 1 and 5 record ... 7 goals scored on home ice in their last 7 games :L THATS ENTERTAINMENT!!!

To be fair, my fanbase pays full price for tickets even when the team is utter shit, which they have been for a decade now.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so who are the idiots????

The ones who don't want to pay to see a playoff contender are just as stupid as the ones who pay to watch a terrible team in my book. Don't have to agree with me, but at the very least there are fanbases in 4 cities in this country that haven't made the playoffs in multiple years that would be looking at things differently than the fans in Vancouver currently are.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ones who don't want to pay to see a playoff contender are just as stupid as the ones who pay to watch a terrible team in my book. Don't have to agree with me, but at the very least there are fanbases in 4 cities in this country that haven't made the playoffs in multiple years that would be looking at things differently than the fans in Vancouver currently are.

just a reminder some idiots in vancouver did pay for those tickets ... the aftermarket demand is what is dead/dried up

bigger issues here ... I dont begrudge people for selecting to pay their mortgages in canadas least affordable housing market as opposed to shelling out for tickets to a game

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just a reminder some idiots in vancouver did pay for those tickets ... the aftermarket demand is what is dead/dried up

bigger issues here ... I dont begrudge people for selecting to pay their mortgages in canadas least affordable housing market as opposed to shelling out for tickets to a game

Yeah but a mortgage doesn't give you a right to purchase crappy beer at 15x the rate it's worth!

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted I live far far down the coast well out of the Canucks market, but I would much rather have a mortgage I couldn't afford living in one of those condos in Coal Harbour than shell out money to watch a Canucks game.

/Now if they bring the Brabarian back, the equation changes

Status
Not open for further replies.