• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you mean for Gustav Forsling, the first team All-Star in the recent World Juniors?
At least Clendening was and AHL all-star as well, but I fear this one may bite us in the long run.

maybe i just lean that way having been a canuck fan for far too long.

Clendening was a first team allstar dman when he played world juniors too so theres that

just as much "what the hell is this trade?" coming from chicago fans as canucks fans on twitter

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
yeah, the more I read of Clendening, this seems kind of OK.
12+47=69 in 74 game. that's a fuckload of points in the A last year for a defenseman.

@coreypronman 1h1 hour ago
Clendening and Forsling are pretty similar, just different points of waiver status. VAN got a slightly better player but has to play now.
Clendening has been a high-upside player for a while in CHI's system, but remain concerns if has enough of all-around game to be a top 4 D

Adam Clendening patient for chance with Chicago Blackhawks - ESPN Chicago

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it before and I'll say it again, it isn't always the case but beware the players contenders deem expendable.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is McTavish doing at a Nucks game.

Kenkins got his 1st NHL goal so congrats to him

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
There was a audible "what the fuck?" In the building.

Tonight begins the first of three tired teams in a row
Don't fuck it up.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These "shopping Ryan Miller" rumours are interesting lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - People aren't happy in this town without a goaltending controversy, How about some run support?

idk if there is a team with as manic (yet somewhat mercurial) a goalie coach who has as much pull in making organization changes *alledgedly*

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk if there is a team with as manic (yet somewhat mercurial) a goalie coach who has as much pull in making organization changes *alledgedly*

I didn't know so I looked up who the coach is in Vancity.

oh man.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe ... hard to figure out the origins ... hence not likely legit in any way ... but ill break it down as best as i can figure it out lol

saw it mentioned by one of those "shap crew" members (they are fed stuff by Botch - lol)

from what i gather ... both Botch and Gallagher were saying a couple of weeks ago that Markstrom was not going to re-sign in the offseason so he is going to get shopped ... Lebrun last week writes on espn that Markstrom is off the market and that canucks "management" are convinced he will be a star (Lebrun mentions a Ben Bishop comparison) [management could be defined as MOLE-ansen]

in the meantime, dubnyk goes to the Wild for a 3rd rounder setting the market for Lack ... "management" thinks that is low even though Lack is now heavily devalued thanks to the tough starts they have given him

so they alledgedly contact teams to see what kind of interest there is in Miller :noidea:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe ... hard to figure out the origins ... hence not likely legit in any way ... but ill break it down as best as i can figure it out lol

saw it mentioned by one of those "shap crew" members (they are fed stuff by Botch - lol)

from what i gather ... both Botch and Gallagher were saying a couple of weeks ago that Markstrom was not going to re-sign in the offseason so he is going to get shopped ... Lebrun last week writes on espn that Markstrom is off the market and that canucks "management" are convinced he will be a star (Lebrun mentions a Ben Bishop comparison) [management could be defined as MOLE-ansen]

in the meantime, dubnyk goes to the Wild for a 3rd rounder setting the market for Lack ... "management" thinks that is low even though Lack is now heavily devalued thanks to the tough starts they have given him

so they alledgedly contact teams to see what kind of interest there is in Miller :noidea:

If I'm the Canucks and I think Jacob Markstrom is the guy, then I would move Eddie Lack because we see what happens when a starter gets traded or hurt and Eddie Lack has to shoulder the load - that went well the last time that happened

Need Ryan Miller going forward either way, just incase the other guy loses it

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Canucks and I think Jacob Markstrom is the guy, then I would move Eddie Lack because we see what happens when a starter gets traded or hurt and Eddie Lack has to shoulder the load - that went well the last time that happened

Need Ryan Miller going forward either way, just incase the other guy loses it

icymi, Lack played 19 straight games last year when everyone else on the team quit plus HE had a back injury

It’s missed often that Eddie Lack had a back injury in the last weeks of the 2013-14 season. He spent much of his home time time in-between games lying, flat out.

Anyone who has had a back injury knows the routine.

It took a couple of months — months! — for him to fully recover after the season.

i think Lacks performance last year was commendable considering what he and the team were going through

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would be going all in with Markstrom ... I think its mostly because he has bought in to everything MOLEansen tells him to do ... Its like a Mr Miyagi/Ralph Macchio relationship ... or MOLEansen/Halak from the old days lol

Theyre ready to get younger ... they now have 4 sub 26 year olds on the blue line and i think they will lean towards selling at the deadline

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
icymi, Lack played 19 straight games last year when everyone else on the team quit plus HE had a back injury

It’s missed often that Eddie Lack had a back injury in the last weeks of the 2013-14 season. He spent much of his home time time in-between games lying, flat out.

Anyone who has had a back injury knows the routine.

It took a couple of months — months! — for him to fully recover after the season.

i think Lacks performance last year was commendable considering what he and the team were going through

I'm not saying it's not commendable, Eddie Lack can physically do it, but that doesn't mean he's going to be successful

A goalie can be physically strong and be able to start a lot of games in a row, but that doesn't make him a bonafide number one goalie - he had to do it because they had nobody else competent after making the trade - and yes, the team did quit in front of him, but I just don't see him being that bonafide number one, maybe I end up being wrong(cue the song dash) but that's just me

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure too many Swedish netminders is an enviable position to be in

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure too many Swedish netminders is an enviable position to be in

idk :noidea: having a 6 mill cap hit goalie on a team going nowhere fast isnt all that enviable either

/they could trade him and eat part of the cap hit and end up paying the freight on both of the 2010 gold medal game goalies :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.