• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on the cesspool that Kassian is an option for tomorrow night against the Pens.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on the cesspool that Kassian is an option for tomorrow night against the Pens.

To showcase for the Pens as in Lapierre and Downie need to round out their line?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

Blake Price ‏@blakeprice1040 1m1 minute ago

Canucks pick up Richmond boy Brandon McMillan off waivers. Odd to see another bottom 6 guy as most teams try to cut down from 50 contracts

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McMillan didn't play junior hockey with the Medicine Hat Tigers either...

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McMillan didn't play junior hockey with the Medicine Hat Tigers either...

Brandon McMillan has two things going for him.

He’s fast, and he was once coached by Willie Desjardins. The latter has proven to be the surest way to find yourself on the Vancouver Canucks.

The Canucks picked up McMillan off waivers for bottom six depth, to help weather the current injury storm, which includes both Nick Bonino and Brad Richardson.

He could also bolster the Utica Comets for a playoff run.

McMillan can skate. Enough so, that his junior team, the Kelowna Rockets, felt comfortable moving the winger to defence and back again.

Desjardins did the same at the world juniors.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
pretty cool though, this is our newest Canuck at 6 years old.

B9sxnF4CUAEYgFM.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im thinking the timing of this botch story might mean Lack is getting moved sooner rather than later

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]566114820517146624[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/h...ry.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Do not trade Eddie Lack.

Consider this fair warning.

The Canucks, of course, will do what they want. It will include listening to offers for their backup.

With Jacob Markstrom, the count is three NHL-calibre goalies. In the goalies’ universe, three is always a crowd.

This is not going to be the case come training camp. One is going to be traded. Either that, or the Canucks will lose one for nothing. It would not be the shrewdest asset management.

That brings us to Lack, the charming Swede who oozes charisma, mostly from the fact he endearingly rests so comfortably in his own skin, while being devoid of the pretentious affect which inflicts so many pro athletes.

Trading him will rob this city of one of the great personalities the Canucks have ever had.

Lack is what you get when an asteroid crashes into Earth. The impact wreaks havoc with geology, turning quartz into siderite, and sometimes graphite into diamond. The Roberto Luongo-Cory Schneider saga being the asteroid. Lack being the diamond.

Mentally, it took Luongo more than a decade to get where Lack is now.

He is the kind of guy who tiptoes down a hallway long after a game, into the media room to tap Tony Gallagher on the shoulder mid-column.

No player goes into that media room, unless pulled there by team public relations.

“What are you writing about me?” Lack says, grinning like he just nailed a Chris Rock joke.

He is the kind of guy who runs fantasy leagues with fans for no reason other than, well, just because.

He is the kind of guy who will go to a blogger’s house to play video games. In Vancouver. And he’d probably still be doing it if the team let him.

He is the kind of guy who can laugh off a grisly goal, like the Marian Hossa shot that slipped under his pads, tying Wednesday’s game.

Not long after, he was commiserating with Luongo via twitter, making a joke. It took Luongo 10 years before he could joke about a bad goal. They would eat him alive.

If you hire a lab to scientifically engineer a personality designed to deal with the Vancouver market, it would surprise no one if the result was a lanky goalie people called The Stork.

He’s funny, personable, capable of being elite and would be loved if he ever became that while playing in his prime in the Lower Mainland.

If you are struggling to sell tickets, Lack has potential to be the type of player you dream about. You already hear his name rain down when he makes a good save.

There have been precious few great players with great personalities on the Canucks this millennium. Maybe you can include Alex Burrows, Kevin Bieksa and the Luongo at the end.

But, generally, mammoth characters have been as rare as 40-goal scorers.

Todd Bertuzzi and Ryan Kesler were too dour. Markus Naslund too withdrawn. The Sedins too professional.

More important than any of this, is Lack wants be here, wants to win here and yearns to be great here.

And he wants that even after watching the Luongo-Schneider drama unfurl over the course of three years. You cannot not like him.

When others took off to the Bahamas for the all-star break, Lack took off to a local hockey rink and worked his tail off with Alex Auld.

He is a quick study, who absorbs and makes use of good coaching like the rest of us drink water.

He is tough, too. He endured that ridiculous schedule John Tortorella had him play at the end of last year, mostly with a debilitating back injury. Did he complain? Did he use it as an excuse?

No. He just played on.

Could Lack break the love affair Vancouver always seems to have with its backups? Well, let’s not get too carried away.

Will we ever get to find out? It doesn’t look promising. No, not at all.

Once Ryan Miller was signed for three years, not two, the writing was on the wall. Miller is not going anywhere.

After next season, Lack is set to be an unrestricted free agent.

That now makes him the goalie most likely to get squeezed out before July.

The Canucks say they will wait to the draft to work out their goalie situation. Maybe that’s because no one is sure what Markstrom wants.

A pending restricted free agent, he has suggested he’d rather go back to Sweden if he doesn’t have an NHL job.

The Canucks have loved what Markstrom has done in Utica.

But even if they think he can be a better goalie than Lack — and that’s a huge reach — he will never be a better fit.

You try and bet on players like Lack, you don’t move them.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A contrite Torts on Tampa radio? Say it ain't so.

yada yada yada sorry for going to the flames dressing room ... yada yada yada ... he wants to get another job

the biggest load of bullshit was he misses the "communication with the players" ... has he talked to alex burrows yet ??? lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pratt thinks Torts is a helluva coach and would sell tickets in a non-traditional market. Dare I say Torts to coach the team in Vegas?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pratt thinks Torts is a helluva coach and would sell tickets in a non-traditional market. Dare I say Torts to coach the team in Vegas?

Never understood how a fucking coach can sell tickets. That's the dumbest bullshit I've ever heard.

Torts is a decent enough coach, but he's a buffoon. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Never understood how a fucking coach can sell tickets. That's the dumbest bullshit I've ever heard.

Torts is a decent enough coach, but he's a buffoon. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.

i thought so too before he came here. holy shit was I wrong.

as jstew alluded to, he never spoke to Burrows at all until December
didn't even show up for practices
and had a murphy bed installed in his office so he wouldn't miss naps.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO he killed himself here professionally with what he said before coming, then acted how he did and now he's circled back to how he spoke before he came here. He will be exactly the same as before

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torts would be a good coach for the 2016 World Cup under 23 North Americans, otherwise I can't see him landing a job anywhere in NA.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
From Friedman

Shawn Matthias, moved back to centre for the first time this season with Nick Bonino out, compared returning to “riding a bicycle,” but did say Willie Desjardins’ system does ask the centre to do different things.

“Low and slow,” is what the Canucks’ coach wants, he explained. “Be available to the defence for the breakout.”

What was the centre’s responsibility last year? “Watch it go around the boards,” he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.