• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colts and Ravens setup the Patriots?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have played and watched a lot of football in my life and you claiming that you can tell if a ball is under inflated by a couple of PSI by looking at it on TV is one of the biggest piles of bravo sierra I've ever read.

Seriously, you really should stop making yourself look like a fool.
you are the fool !

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB took Matt Cassel and won 11 games, Brady is an exceptional qb, but I wonder just how much of his success is attributed to BB !!
I think a great deal of it does and if he were on another team, he would not be near as successful IMO.
But BB is the brains behind that thrust, and has proven he can win with a mediocre qb as well as Brady.....:2cents:

...next breath, BB didn't do shit (quote Cleveland record) until he got Brady.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't feel bad for colt fans . we have another 10 to 15 years of luck compared to how many for small balls brady ?

But if you don't get him a team to play with soon, he'll end up like Drew Bledsoe. A once great QB broken by playing too long on crappy teams.

Getting drunk every night on bottles of Cabernet wondering what could have been.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have played and watched a lot of football in my life and you claiming that you can tell if a ball is under inflated by a couple of PSI by looking at it on TV is one of the biggest piles of bravo sierra I've ever read.

Seriously, you really should stop making yourself look like a fool.

Tedman trying not to look like a fool would be like a raven trying to look like a peacock

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tedman claims to have been around during the Unitas days but he reasons as though he has homework to do.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is he is below avg with a mediocre QB as his record is below 500. Sure the won 11 games( 7 less than the year before) with a much softer schedule and 200 points less on O, missing the playoffs. He also went 5-12 and 0-2 before Brady started. So facts show that its Brady and not Belichick

Well Kraft thought enough of him to buy him out of the Jets contract to allow him to come coach the Pats, so that should tell you something.
And the 5-11 was his first yr there as HC and was still building his staff and players, I'm sure he would have put the right coaches and players around Drew and won also....
I said Brady is an exceptional qb, but like any player at any position, they need to be in the right system to be most effective, and good coaches build their team around their best players....
You can't count Cleveland, Lombardi would have been a bust there, and BB was learning the ropes in a very bad situation there....Although he did take them to the playoffs in 1994 and guess who he beat, "the Pats"....
Maybe that's why Kraft wanted him so bad....
It's a compliment to your coach, not a slur to your qb !! We may have had another ring or 2 if Modell hadn't wasted time on Marchibroda and fired BB, who knows....
But I'm happy with the success we've had though.....

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Kraft thought enough of him to buy him out of the Jets contract to allow him to come coach the Pats, so that should tell you something.
And the 5-11 was his first yr there as HC and was still building his staff and players, I'm sure he would have put the right coaches and players around Drew and won also....
I said Brady is an exceptional qb, but like any player at any position, they need to be in the right system to be most effective, and good coaches build their team around their best players....
You can't count Cleveland, Lombardi would have been a bust there, and BB was learning the ropes in a very bad situation there....Although he did take them to the playoffs in 1994 and guess who he beat, "the Pats"....
It's a compliment to your coach, not a slur to your qb !! We may have had another ring or 2 if Modell hadn't wasted time on Marchibroda and fired BB, who knows....

What Kraft liked about Belichick when he was an assistant, was that he had no problem cutting a player in his prime and held no attachments to them. Something that a Kraft liked and needed, because he is an emotional guy and will keep a player around to long, if he was making player decisions

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Marchibroda was the smart decision. Modell wanted a likeable coach and the ties to the Baltimore Colts were a no-brainer.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait till the Wells report comes out. :nod:

should've done happen !!!! i can hear the pats fans already billycheat and brady had nothing to do with it even if the report says they did . mitchell report of the red sox proves you can't trust a lawyer or law makers for nothing . several of the redsox was also roiders .
Umm, no.

BTW, might want to check the Colts schedule for next season. If it has a date against New England on it I suggest you make plans to have all your teeth pulled. That will be more enjoyable to you than watching the Pats drop 75 points on the hapless Clots.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marchibroda was the smart decision. Modell wanted a likeable coach and the ties to the Baltimore Colts were a no-brainer.
Marchibroda's better years were behind him when the Ravens signed him as coach.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was already a proven failure as a HC, likable guy and good OC , terrible HC....

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was already a proven failure as a HC, likable guy and good OC , terrible HC....

Agreed, but the dynamics stretched far beyond that. Modell had to win a fan base over and wanted a likeable and recognizable face to do that. When this was accomplished, he then was able to "take a chance" on Billick.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has so much egg on their face that it's become extremely hard to come forth with any findings. Every time they attempt to investigate something, some talking head in the NFL office calls ESPN or SI and tries to drop a dime. The incorrect story gets printed and the media starts investigating only to find that the league has screwed up again.

This we know for sure......
1. There is no evidence or video of any wrong doing on the part of the Patriots' equipment manager.
2. Belichick and Brady have vehemently denied any wrong doing.
3. An NFL official, switched out a kicking ball with a game ball during the AFCCG.
4. The same NFL official stole the game balls and tried to sell them on the black market.
5. The only under-inflated football was in the possession of the Colts for most of the first half and it was the
most seriously under-inflated ball.
6. 11 of 12 footballs were under-inflated and 10 of those were only .08 to .2 lbs under.

The Ted Wells investigation has been ongoing for 6 weeks. According to sources, the investigation is no closer to conclusion than it was when it started. Sounds like they can't stick anything to anyone and because they think they have to find somebody did something, they're chasing their own tails. Goodell should just tell them, "If you can't find anything in the next two weeks, we will announce that we could find no evidence of any deliberate wrong doing".

Problem is......the Patriots haters will think the league isn't doing its job because they want the Patriots to lose their next 50 first round draft choices, be unable to sign any free agents and give all of the teams they beat their four Super Bowl Championships the Lombardi Trophies.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is......the Patriots haters will think the league isn't doing its job because they want the Patriots to lose their next 50 first round draft choices, be unable to sign any free agents and give all of the teams they beat their four Super Bowl Championships the Lombardi Trophies.

Do you think this might be a slight exaggeration?

If indeed the Patriots crossed the line, I would be satisfied with an apology (actually just a recognition of fucking up) and an assurance it won't happen again. To this point, all anyone has gotten is arrogance and condescension (which is pretty much par for the course with those in question). Oh...and of course all the conspiracy theories about how the Patriots were set up out of jealousy.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but the dynamics stretched far beyond that. Modell had to win a fan base over and wanted a likeable and recognizable face to do that. When this was accomplished, he then was able to "take a chance" on Billick.

I hear you Money, but winning makes people like you, and he was not good at that.....
So if that was Modell's thinking, it was an error IMO.....
Go Ravens !!!!!!

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Money, but winning makes people like you, and he was not good at that.....
So if that was Modell's thinking, it was an error IMO.....
Go Ravens !!!!!!

Well...I don't think any coach would have come with a guarantee of winning. I mean...wouldn't that be nice? I'm pretty sure Modell knew there was going to be a window of losing (no matter who the coach was).

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I don't think any coach would have come with a guarantee of winning. I mean...wouldn't that be nice? I'm pretty sure Modell knew there was going to be a window of losing (no matter who the coach was).

True, but he didn't give the team a very good chance at it by hiring a proven loser though....
But I guess that's why he was a billionaire and I am a retired small biz man that never seen a billion dollars in my life, so far.....Still keeping hope alive !!:D

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should've done happen !!!! i can hear the pats fans already billycheat and brady had nothing to do with it even if the report says they did . mitchell report of the red sox proves you can't trust a lawyer or law makers for nothing . several of the redsox was also roiders .

As of last reporting Wells office says it's in the stages of wrapping up the report. Interesting since they haven't interviewed Bill B. or Brady yet.

Hmmm now why would that be? Could it be they realized early on there was no link to them?