• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colt McCoy.....

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 was coming off a severe knee injury and put up very decent stats

KC so far has a lower completion % and a worse td to int ratio

now to you really want to debate who is the better qb at this point ? the point is so far and i mean so far subject to change , KC has proven to be nothing more then a BU QB

and it isnt a given that he is anymore then a kolb or flynn at this point and i again emphasize at this point in his career he hasnt proven it which in the framework of this post means yes some teams may not want to give up a pick we want to get him

no where did i say he is forever and ever from this date forward destined to be a BU for his entire career after 4 starts

I'll debate football with you any day dad. Read what you wrote again, "Cousins has proved he isn't a starter and only a backup" ... now you are qualifying your comment when I asked how a guy that started 4 games can be pigeon holed like that. I didn't say he was better than Griffin. Just asked if you would assess Griffin the same way after a bad year. Griffin was the 30th rated QB in the league last year which would not be considered very good stats, either is 3-10. However I am not suggesting he is a BU or a bust after one bad year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe this much discussion was started over a 3rd string QB.

Its the off season. And i would rather debate the 3rd string QB than go into some of the meaning of life, existence of god or morality of man debates that are sure to rear their ugly heads some where between the end of the post draft mini-camp and the start of training camp.

So all hail and welcome the debates over Colt McCoy, David Gettis and the actual impact of having Jackson in our offense. Welcome the debates over if Haslett will improve the defense this year or not.

Because the other debates that show up every year when there is no football talk.....:gaah:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the long run we hope Robert improves over last year. He is the real key to whether the Skins play well or not. If Cousins or McCoy is playing a lot than we either have a huge injury problem or even worse a very bad draft pick. I would imagine we are all hoping this is a big turnaround year for Griffin.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the long run we hope Robert improves over last year. He is the real key to whether the Skins play well or not. If Cousins or McCoy is playing a lot than we either have a huge injury problem or even worse a very bad draft pick. I would imagine we are all hoping this is a big turnaround year for Griffin.

Hope? Cmon. I am not sure that he will be as good as two seasons ago, but I can pretty much guarantee he will be better than last season barring major injuries.

He will have the benefit of a full offseason of practice to address his flaws, another year away from the injury & significantly better weapons than last season. I will go out on a limb & say that he will be much better (as will the team) next season. Not predicting playoffs at this time - just a better product on the field that is heading in the right direction.

HTTR

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope? Cmon. I am not sure that he will be as good as two seasons ago, but I can pretty much guarantee he will be better than last season barring major injuries.

He will have the benefit of a full offseason of practice to address his flaws, another year away from the injury & significantly better weapons than last season. I will go out on a limb & say that he will be much better (as will the team) next season. Not predicting playoffs at this time - just a better product on the field that is heading in the right direction.

HTTR

Only if he has seriously addressed his mechanics. They were way out of whack last year, affecting his accuracy. Secondarily, he has got to learn to get rid of the ball. This is more a function of playing time. He has to learn that he doent have to make a play every time. Sometimes it's best to throw it away or scramble for a few yards an then get out of bounds.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean.....

this was on ESPN today....

1. The Colt McCoy signing shouldn't have any immediate impact on Kirk Cousins. McCoy's lack of arm strength doesn't make him a good fit for what the Redskins want to do -- or should be doing -- offensively, which is to get downfield more often.
Just what I said...He has a weak arm and would hinder the offense..

the rest is right here.. How new Washington Redskins fit in - ESPN

basically saying......Dont read too much into this signing.....Doesnt show we are thinking of trading KC.....YES...Great news for the Skins!!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll debate football with you any day dad. Read what you wrote again, "Cousins has proved he isn't a starter and only a backup" ... now you are qualifying your comment when I asked how a guy that started 4 games can be pigeon holed like that. I didn't say he was better than Griffin. Just asked if you would assess Griffin the same way after a bad year. Griffin was the 30th rated QB in the league last year which would not be considered very good stats, either is 3-10. However I am not suggesting he is a BU or a bust after one bad year.

i had to qualify my statement because it was unclear what i meant with my first statement which stated" KC has only proven to be a viable back up and nothing more "

and so far in his career he hasnt proven he can be a starter . it doesnt preclude him from being one but it doesnt mean he has either . i thought in the context of the conversation i was having with dean that , that was understood but it wasnt

i hope that clears that up