• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colt McCoy.....

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that having colt gives us flexibility to trade Kirk. But if a trade is to happen, it most likely comes after the draft when someone gets injured and all the sudden a team needs a QB. I just don't see it happening before the draft. If anyone wants to take a chance on a QB, there are still QBs out there in FA such as Kolb, Freeman and Flynn. Not the cream of the crop, I agree, but they are no more risky that Cousins and teams don't have to give up a draft pick to get them.

Most of whats available in FA right now at the QB position will cost you a bit more than what Kirk is scheduled to make. Kolb, Flynn and Freeman also have bad habits they need to unlearn alot more so than Kirk. For a decently placed 3rd rounder its a no brainer. But the only team I see that really needs a QB and has a choice to make would be the Texans. No one is trading up to make a QP pick to the #1 spot. If the Texans trade down, some one will snatch Clowney. But they might role the dice and see what is there for them at 33 for a QB. So I wouldnt expect any action on Kirk until either draft day, or after the draft. If at all.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting colt mccoy is a decent move to do whatever you want . trade cousins , a camp body , etc.

it gives us flexibility before , during and after the draft

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the pick has to be this draft b/c of its depth. hopefully something gets done before the draft.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that having colt gives us flexibility to trade Kirk. But if a trade is to happen, it most likely comes after the draft when someone gets injured and all the sudden a team needs a QB. I just don't see it happening before the draft. If anyone wants to take a chance on a QB, there are still QBs out there in FA such as Kolb, Freeman and Flynn. Not the cream of the crop, I agree, but they are no more risky that Cousins and teams don't have to give up a draft pick to get them.

This is my take as well. Probably Sexy Rexy to Cleveland too.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are the Texans why wouldn't you trade your 3rd round pick for Cousins? This allows you to take the best defensive player in the draft and get a quality starter with your 2nd round pick. Kiper has the Texans taking Jimmy Garoppolo, at pick 33. Why???? Wouldn't you rather have Cousins who is proven and give up your 3rd? I think its a no brainer for the Texans.

Because Cousins isnt proven at all. Im willing to bet Colt McCoy is a better QB than him right now. I just dont see the obsession with Cousins.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that Cousins has proven is that he is young and inconsistent and has a problem since college with turnovers. He has potential, but so did Freeman. Too many on this site value him like he is a proven starter. He is not. Yet. He could be. He could also be the next Matt Flynn.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camp arm, you don't sign a guy like McCoy to throw downfield to the receives the Redskins now have. you can't go to camp with 2 QBs and the team is not too far off of their first OTA.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Cousins isnt proven at all. Im willing to bet Colt McCoy is a better QB than him right now. I just dont see the obsession with Cousins.

:lol:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportster 72;474999 9 said:
Instead of just laughing I looked it up. Colt has a 6 point higher 74 to 68 QB rating. Colt has 5 times as many starts and a record of 6-15 while Cousins has a 1-3 starting record. They are basically the same guy. Some would argue that Cousins has a stronger arm.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcoy was'brought in for'otas because skins'start way sooner then everybody else because of that new'coach rule . You can not'go in ota and stuff with 2 qbs 'accordeing to my source

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a ...... Camp Arm all the way....teach the guy the offense...have him throw in camp......cut when the season starts, and IF you need him later in the year, he is a call away....if someone picks him up....no big deal...look in the rolodex of available crappy QBs available, pick the least ugly , and sign him to back up Kirk.

That is what we did when we signed McCoy in the first place...he is the "best" of crappy FA qbs, with low salary requirements...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcoy was'brought in for'otas because skins'start way sooner then everybody else because of that new'coach rule . You can not'go in ota and stuff with 2 qbs 'accordeing to my source

Dude, you could go into OTA's with zero QBs on roster. This isnt the play station. If team chooses to go into training camp with no true QBs on roster, no one from the league is going to call and say.. your roster isnt balanced. That only happens on game consoles.

Now from a reality stand point, you dont want to go into training camp with only 2 QBs, because you risk repetitive motion injuries with one QB throwing 100+ passes a day four days a week. And you cant have just any one throwing to your wide outs or its a waste of time trying to coach proper route running if you dont have some one who can reasonably and consistently put the ball on an uncovered WR in training camp. So you need camp arms. But you are not rule bound to have any.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can backup up Kap why cant he backup RG3?

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can backup up Kap why cant he backup RG3?

He can back up RGIII....However I feel Cousins is the better option, and has a better Arm to utalize the deep ball more the McCoy

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins should be calling Houston right now for there 3rd round pick.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins should be calling Houston right now for there 3rd round pick.

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY Disagree!!!!

I would not be shopping him, I would listen, but I wouldnt be shopping him...

why would Houston do it anyway???...they can get a QB with a 2nd or 3rd, and have him under contract alot longer then they would Cousins without giving him a new contract....something he hasnt earned yet

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c the 2nd round or 3rd round Qb is not as good as Cousins. Plus they can take Clowney #1 overall. Its a no brainer for the Texans. They can use there 2nd round pick on another need. Cousins is still cheap for 2 more seasons. what is wrong with that?

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c the 2nd round or 3rd round Qb is not as good as Cousins. Plus they can take Clowney #1 overall. Its a no brainer for the Texans. They can use there 2nd round pick on another need. Cousins is still cheap for 2 more seasons. what is wrong with that?

And Mccoy isnt as good as Cousins either....So we should trade a good viable backup for a 3rd rounder that may or may not pan out....and risk the Season on an inferior backup qb.....

Let houston worry about getting their Qb where they want, I could care less if the qb the get in the 2nd or 3rd is better or worse then Cousins... the Skins shouldnt be in the business of trying to help another team.....

Sure the 3rd could get a decent player, but we have swun and missed on 3rds before... but we are 1 play away from needing our backup, and to me....Our backup QB is worth more to the organization then a 3rd round pick!!!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcoy is a decent QB. He can win NFL games. The first pick in the 3rd round would help out a lot for our team. You make it sound like we have nothing at backup QB.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcoy is a decent QB. He can win NFL games. The first pick in the 3rd round would help out a lot for our team. You make it sound like we have nothing at backup QB.

the 3rd round pick COULD....could help the team more...Maybe..maybe not...we have a 3rd round lineman that has done Jack shit....Right????? but I do know.....

With our receivers, and Cousins stronger arm..He would be the better Qb to help the Skins Win....I have ZERO confidence in McCoy...he SUCKS!!!!! and if RGIII went down, I would rather have Cousins then McCoy everyday of the week and twice on Sundays!!!!