• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football Playoff Top 25

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry got to laugh at the bold. FSU is extremely talented. The problem is that the talent is so damn young. Especially on the Defensive side.

The fact you think Winston is the only reason they win is a little funny too. Eddie Goldman, Mario Edwards, and some others on the defense have made plays to win games or put the offense in the position to win. Goldman causing the Fumble in 4th quarter against Clemson.

Without the two freshmen no way they beat Louisville. Dalvin Cook 2 tds both runs over 30 yds. Travis Rudolph showing out.

But surely you're seeing what I'm seeing... even with Winston in the lineup, they've had a lot of trouble getting by teams that just aren't that good. Ok, so they may be young talent.. that may not be enough to get them by during this season. You saw what happened when Winston had to sit out vs Clemson. I just don't see FSU competing in the playoffs w/out him.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But surely you're seeing what I'm seeing... even with Winston in the lineup, they've had a lot of trouble getting by teams that just aren't that good. Ok, so they may be young talent.. that may not be enough to get them by during this season. You saw what happened when Winston had to sit out vs Clemson. I just don't see FSU competing in the playoffs w/out him.
Yes they have looked like a ship without a rudder. But they continue to win even without him. I have said they look bored at times. But to state they are not talented is incorrect. That is my point.

Ralph Murphy

Master of Mustachery
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,192.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU has been playing some odds in their wins. Somebody is making some nice bets at halftime and cleaning up. Got to be more than Winston on the payroll though, some of his second half TD's have been against DB's who have quit trying.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the main reason is the way Michigan State lost last weekend. Other than Miami (who has looked better recently) Nebraska's schedule was bad. Nebraska was hanging their hat on a good loss (a lot like Notre Dame). Once that Michigan State team was beaten this weekend, the committee must have felt Nebraska was not as impressive.

Although i dont think it matters. If Nebraska beats up Wisconsin this week it will move up, and if they win out and beat Ohio State in the B10CG, they will be up their in the top 10. Its just whether or not enough people think they are good enough to get into the final four.

Michigan State is still considered a really good team by the committee though. Winning against Michigan State is viewed as a good win. They're still ranked 12th!!! How is beating the #8 THAT much better than beating the #12 team?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they have looked like a ship without a rudder. But they continue to win even without him. I have said they look bored at times. But to state they are not talented is incorrect. That is my point.

At this point in time last year I would have said they were a talented team. Right now, I'm not sure what to think. That said, they fit right in because I don't see any team up there that is absolutely dominant. I guess I have to say that this really looks like a down year for everyone.