• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football Playoff Top 25

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rankings are fluid. Like the committee said they'd be when they said they'd 'start from scratch every week'.

So it's so fluid that they actually forget Georgia just lost by 3 scores to a bad Florida team last week?

They moved up 5 spots after giving up 31 points to Kentucky this week.

I seriously would like to ask these folks what they're seeing to make this kind of move. It just makes zero sense.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it definitely is that fluid, that I have absolutely zero concerns that the committee would ever look back to the McNeese State game when evaluating Nebraska.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's so fluid that they actually forget Georgia just lost by 3 scores to a bad Florida team last week?

I seriously would like to ask these folks what they're seeing to make this kind of move. It just makes zero sense.

...because SEC

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard alot of folks say this. Even tough it's a nightmare scenario. That the SEC get's a four team playoff in the BCS this year. The BCS committee has to expand out then.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard alot of folks say this. Even tough it's a nightmare scenario. That the SEC get's a four team playoff in the BCS this year. The BCS committee has to expand out then.

hasphinktersezwhut?

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I hope the Ducks stay 2 or 3 until the semi-finals. Playing in LA at the Rose Bowl would be great for the team and fans, plus a huge boost for the kids from Cali, both those on the team and those considering the Ducks.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nebraska is 16th in the computers and 16th in the CFP rankings. I don't really see an issue with it. It all comes back to not having beaten anybody, and the loss, just got a little worse last weekend.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with the 4 teams but fsu not being in the top 2 is a joke imo

I completely disagree. The team itself is not super talented and the QB who is the only reason they win is a train wreck of a human being who always seems like he's just minutes away from doing something that will land him in prison. As we speak, he's under investigation for point shaving... and this isn't just some small time accusations, both universities are scrambling to gather information and find answers. The way things are going , I'm not sure I see Winston even being able to finish out the season.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is 16th in the computers and 16th in the CFP rankings. I don't really see an issue with it. It all comes back to not having beaten anybody, and the loss, just got a little worse last weekend.

I think we are seeing how this works. If Nebraska beats a ranked Wisconsin team then they should leap over several two loss teams most notably Georgia.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are seeing how this works. If Nebraska beats a ranked Wisconsin team then they should leap over several two loss teams most notably Georgia.

I can see them leaping over UGA, but not anybody else. Those other teams would still have better resumes than Nebraska even with the Wisconsin win.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much sums it up.

They couldn't do what Oregon or Ohio St did. (Beat Michigan St)

If FSU beats Miami, they'll have done what FSU did.
If Miami can pull the upset, Nebraska will have done more than FSU did.

They have an opportunity to do what LSU did. (Beat Wisconsin)
They have an opportunity to do what TCU did. (Beat Minnesota)
They have an opportunity to do what Iowa St did. (Beat Iowa)

If they beat Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa, they'll likely have a chance to do what Va Tech did. (Beat Ohio St)

F

ForeverNole10

I completely disagree. The team itself is not super talented and the QB who is the only reason they win is a train wreck of a human being who always seems like he's just minutes away from doing something that will land him in prison. As we speak, he's under investigation for point shaving... and this isn't just some small time accusations, both universities are scrambling to gather information and find answers. The way things are going , I'm not sure I see Winston even being able to finish out the season.

:lol:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not the fact that Nebraska is 16th that I'm wondering WTF is going on. I get that part.

It's the fact that they started at 15th, won and moved up to 13th, then had a bye week where 4 teams ahead of them lost........and they drop back 3 spots to a worse spot than they started.

Moreover, I'm just using Nebraska is an example here. It's not about what they're ranked, it's "how in the fuck did they get there?"

Georgia and Nebraska are 2 examples of teams this week that made big moves (in opposite directions) and there seems to be no real answer as to why.

If it's because Nebraska hasn't beaten anybody, then why did they rank us 13th last week?

They also shot their wad off on UCLA this week. Up 7 spots.......presumably because of Arizona State, but still.......WOAH THERE HORSEY

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, either. I'm not in the least bit upset.

Nebraska won't get in even if they win out, and I understand that.

I am just curious. I'd love to know what the discussion was to make those moves this week.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry got to laugh at the bold. FSU is extremely talented. The problem is that the talent is so damn young. Especially on the Defensive side.

The fact you think Winston is the only reason they win is a little funny too. Eddie Goldman, Mario Edwards, and some others on the defense have made plays to win games or put the offense in the position to win. Goldman causing the Fumble in 4th quarter against Clemson.

Without the two freshmen no way they beat Louisville. Dalvin Cook 2 tds both runs over 30 yds. Travis Rudolph showing out.

F

ForeverNole10

It's not the fact that Nebraska is 16th that I'm wondering WTF is going on. I get that part.

It's the fact that they started at 15th, won and moved up to 13th, then had a bye week where 4 teams ahead of them lost........and they drop back 3 spots to a worse spot than they started.

Moreover, I'm just using Nebraska is an example here. It's not about what they're ranked, it's "how in the fuck did they get there?"

Georgia and Nebraska are 2 examples of teams this week that made big moves (in opposite directions) and there seems to be no real answer as to why.

If it's because Nebraska hasn't beaten anybody, then why did they rank us 13th last week?

They also shot their wad off on UCLA this week. Up 7 spots.......presumably because of Arizona State, but still.......WOAH THERE HORSEY

I think the main reason is the way Michigan State lost last weekend. Other than Miami (who has looked better recently) Nebraska's schedule was bad. Nebraska was hanging their hat on a good loss (a lot like Notre Dame). Once that Michigan State team was beaten this weekend, the committee must have felt Nebraska was not as impressive.

Although i dont think it matters. If Nebraska beats up Wisconsin this week it will move up, and if they win out and beat Ohio State in the B10CG, they will be up their in the top 10. Its just whether or not enough people think they are good enough to get into the final four.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget ND's poor blocking technique away from the play that allowed FSU to win also.

Got to give them credit.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the main reason is the way Michigan State lost last weekend. Other than Miami (who has looked better recently) Nebraska's schedule was bad. Nebraska was hanging their hat on a good loss (a lot like Notre Dame). Once that Michigan State team was beaten this weekend, the committee must have felt Nebraska was not as impressive.

Although i dont think it matters. If Nebraska beats up Wisconsin this week it will move up, and if they win out and beat Ohio State in the B10CG, they will be up their in the top 10. Its just whether or not enough people think they are good enough to get into the final four.

That is the first real solid reason anyone has given.