• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick's Future

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's come out and said the benching wasn't a factor, but I can believe it was...the bigger thing imo...no one expected an offer like HOU put on the table...absent of that, maybe DEN is still in the picture.

Now...not a bad thing...I really thought RG3 would be a good fit in DEN...he makes sense as a stop gap in CLE...if he plays well they can move the rookie or move him for pick. I still think SF is going to take Goff if he's there...even if you want to give Kaep another shot...the CH is too high to pay for a reclamation project.

If the Broncos sign Kaepernick from what I understand they have already negotiated a cheaper contract. At his Cap Hit yeah I agree I wouldn't touch him but say he is willing to get down to that $8 million cap hit area then I would say he is worth taking a shot. At this time though I'm just going to sit back and see what Elway all has planned. The best teams in the league seem to be the ones that don't go big the first week of FA. They are the ones that make some smart cost effective decisions and then lean upon the draft and coaching up those players. Just look at last year with FA where 532 players changed teams during the FA period. Only 4 made the Pro Bowl that switched teams last year. FA can be good but it can also be a very overrated aspect of building the team. Now understand I realize how much FA meant to the Broncos success over the last few years with getting Manning, Ware, Talib, Ward, Sanders, and others but it does seem rare that FA moves work out as well as a team thinks they will.

Also with this QB situation I think I am higher on this draft class than some. I have watched maybe 10 games of Connor Cook now and am quickly becoming a fan. He makes some stupid decisions but arm wise he does well, played in a pro style offense, and I think his lack of leadership thing is being blown way out of proportion. He has made some mistakes along the way for sure but I think in the right situation he could really thrive.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody mention fast food yet? Cause I think he'd make a fine addition to the Valley View Taco Bell's night shift

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raises Kaepernick stock slightly.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing the Broncos knew that he was gone. His agent had told him to stop talking to teammates and the team in general 2 weeks before FA started. So I'm sure they had an idea that it was coming. I think it was more Houston that had the wool pulled over their eyes in the sense that I'm sure Osweiler's agent made it sound like the Broncos were set on keeping Osweiler to try and get the big deal that he did. If they had known that Osweiler had no intention of going back to the Broncos my guess is they are closer to $15 million a year instead of $18 million a year.

I thought Denver said they had offered 15mil in response to Houston's offer. They wanted him, just had no chance of making it happen with their cap situation (without just shredding the rest of the team and not replacing anything).

I heard about the dead time heading up to FA, but a lot of players do that. When the offer isn't top dollar, they will say lets just wait and see where my market is there and get back to talking if you want but I am not going to blindly take whatever is on the table now.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Denver said they had offered 15mil in response to Houston's offer. They wanted him, just had no chance of making it happen with their cap situation (without just shredding the rest of the team and not replacing anything).

I heard about the dead time heading up to FA, but a lot of players do that. When the offer isn't top dollar, they will say lets just wait and see where my market is there and get back to talking if you want but I am not going to blindly take whatever is on the table now.
I believe they made the right decision, but perhaps to late. In the limelight it looks like they are all fuzzy brained about a great run and SB title.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right before FA started the Broncos upped their offer to $16 million actually a year. Houston then when FA started offered $18 million and instead of coming back to the Broncos to see if they would match or up the offer he just took that one and ran. I doubt the Broncos would have matched as like you said cap wise that would have been a stupid decision but it has now been well documented he wanted out of Denver. Multiple sources have confirmed that and that this was decided right after the Week 17 game by him and his agent.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos sign Kaepernick from what I understand they have already negotiated a cheaper contract. At his Cap Hit yeah I agree I wouldn't touch him but say he is willing to get down to that $8 million cap hit area then I would say he is worth taking a shot. At this time though I'm just going to sit back and see what Elway all has planned. The best teams in the league seem to be the ones that don't go big the first week of FA. They are the ones that make some smart cost effective decisions and then lean upon the draft and coaching up those players. Just look at last year with FA where 532 players changed teams during the FA period. Only 4 made the Pro Bowl that switched teams last year. FA can be good but it can also be a very overrated aspect of building the team. Now understand I realize how much FA meant to the Broncos success over the last few years with getting Manning, Ware, Talib, Ward, Sanders, and others but it does seem rare that FA moves work out as well as a team thinks they will.

Also with this QB situation I think I am higher on this draft class than some. I have watched maybe 10 games of Connor Cook now and am quickly becoming a fan. He makes some stupid decisions but arm wise he does well, played in a pro style offense, and I think his lack of leadership thing is being blown way out of proportion. He has made some mistakes along the way for sure but I think in the right situation he could really thrive.

FA...it's a gamble...but it's part of the game...PIT has always been a small player on week one, but have had some success...the draft has to be the guts of the team. Plug holes with FAs.

I think if the OLs gel in OAK and JAX...they have the tools to jump up to the 9 to 10 win category and we'll see just how ready the young QBs are.

DEN...with the DEF still intact mostly, tempting to try and patch the QB spot and make another run now...Cook, and Lynch imo have the skills to do well in the NFL. Probably no shot at Lynch but Cook is a good option, don't have to run him out there week one...would have to re-tool some of the DEF by the time he's playoff ready maybe, but he could be the guy for the next decade.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers were never going to trade Kaepernick - the whole reason Chip Kelly came to SF was so he could finally work with a QB with the mobility to run his offense the way he envisions. Unless the Niners were somehow able to land Mariota, Cam, or Russell Wilson -- impossible of course -- Kaep was never going anywhere.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers were never going to trade Kaepernick - the whole reason Chip Kelly came to SF was so he could finally work with a QB with the mobility to run his offense the way he envisions. Unless the Niners were somehow able to land Mariota, Cam, or Russell Wilson -- impossible of course -- Kaep was never going anywhere.

:lol:

The first QB Chip drafted was Matt Barkley. The first QB he traded for was Sam Bradford coming off a knee injury.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are record saying they have no interest after he begged them to take him.
Does anyone want this guy? Is he good enough to back up Geno Smith for the Jets? :noidea:

I will say this, although he is not a starter level qb , he is absolutely better than RG3&out....The Browns would have done better to take Kap....Looks like Denver is gonna hook him up with dirty Sanchez to create the modern day version of Laurel and Hardy to lead their O.....This is gonna be pure gold !!!! :pound:
laurel-and-hardy-by-aaronmark.jpg

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if SF agrees to pay some of his Salary. I doubt anyone trades a pick ad absorbs his full contract.

And theyll end up doing just that.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos and Kaep met on Thursday:

Source: Kaepernick, Broncos GM Elway met Thursday

Colin Kaepernick - QB - 49ers

The San Francisco Chronicle's Eric Branch reports Broncos GM John Elway met with Colin Kaepernick in Denver on Thursday.

Branch reports Kaepernick and Elway have met "at least twice since March 15." This type of meeting would normally not be allowed, but the 49ers have granted Kaepernick permission to seek a trade. The Broncos reportedly want Kaepernick to agree to around a $5 million pay cut before they will green-light a trade, but he has little reason to take a big cut with his 2016 salary now fully guaranteed. Perhaps a smaller reduction paired with some guarantees in 2017 could get a deal done. These meetings suggest there is a real chance to two sides come to an agreement, but it is still anyone's guess where Kaepernick will play this season.
Related: Broncos
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Apr 2 - 12:55 PM