• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw ... jstews consumer tip of the day ... if youre in the market for appliances ... get em from home depot (canada at least) ... they are out to lunch in terms of price checking their competitors ... bought a washer dryer combo that was priced a combined $500 higher than Sears canada ... they beat it by 10% and the price after discount was close to what I could have got them through Direct Buy (through inlaws account)
I had a huge pile of Home Depot gift cards earlier this year when we were in the market for a new refrigerator. We really wanted to purchase from Home Depot (see above re: huge pile of gift cards) but a competitor had it for about 15% cheaper on sale. Home Depot wouldn't beat the price because it was a sale price instead of a normal price, but they did match it. Spent maybe 15 minutes in the store working out the match part and had a new refrigerator a few days later. It as good.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and the main thing that always comes to mind when I think of Home Depot is the 4D video at the Georgia Aquarium.

Going in, I knew that the overwhelming majority of the cost of the aquarium was funded by the founder of Home Depot. So we're sitting there watching the 4D movie, which features an orange fish named Deepo. I didn't put two and two together until one of the other characters says something like (it was a while ago that I saw it, so I may be a bit off) "so would you say that this is your home...Deepo?"

*Groan*

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a huge pile of Home Depot gift cards earlier this year when we were in the market for a new refrigerator. We really wanted to purchase from Home Depot (see above re: huge pile of gift cards) but a competitor had it for about 15% cheaper on sale. Home Depot wouldn't beat the price because it was a sale price instead of a normal price, but they did match it. Spent maybe 15 minutes in the store working out the match part and had a new refrigerator a few days later. It as good.

thats odd... from the "price guarantee" section on the canada website

Applies to everyday and sale pricing

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only thing i can complain about the experience was they questioned the model number on the dryer ... on sears.ca there was a typo so the end of the model number read AP when it should have been EP ... i made the guy check the manufacturers website and he couldnt find a model that ended in AP

i thought this was gonna be a walmart thing where they try to void a 50 cent coupon because of a technicality lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
facebook friend posts a picture of his face ... doing the movember thing with caption "Let's support researchers so they can develop better prevention, screening and treatment for this cancer!"

first response ... his mom:
I'm watching a series on TV where there's this nasty fellow who beats his wife. Looks just like you with a moustache. Why not a full beard? I think you'd look quite distinguished with that & there's still a moustache involved.

:pound:

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Jim McMahon is going to be his running mate.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have to hear any more about how Trudeau's swearing in is "historic", "a historic moment", "history being made" or anything similar again I'm breaking things. People need to get off this guy's dick already. WTF is historic about it? The National last night was comparing this to Obama's first inauguration and I went to bed with the taste of throw-up in my mouth. Is Trudeau secretly a minority? Does he have a hidden vagina?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against Ben Carson, but what about getting Jimmy Carson on the GOP ticket?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhKuEegzf3kRVxFWHo7yNn7NO3acgOXj6uRYJH5FT7R5dzAgUF.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how long it will be until BBB finds his way onto higgy's list (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.