• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my daughter started an instagram account in grade 5 or 6 without our permission.

when we find out we sat down and went through the pictures, and let her know exactly how much we could discover about who she is, where she lives, where she goes to school, pets, friends, etc. Mapped out her life.

she got the message and has been much better since.
Two of my kids refuse to use mainstream social media at all, and the third only uses Instagram and never posts face pictures.

They all three do go into the human cesspool that is tumblr, but at least only other mutants are seeing that.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of my kids refuse to use mainstream social media at all, and the third only uses Instagram and never posts face pictures.

They all three do go into the human cesspool that is tumblr, but at least only other mutants are seeing that.
we do not have kids but I take part in the international student program (I did one similar when I was 16) and we house usually 2 teenage girls at a time from europe/asia/south america

they ALL have multiple IG/TikTok accounts (one for canada, one for family, one for friends) We have explained many times the need for privacy. we had one that posted pictures of her in a bikini and had her full birthday on the IG account. she was so happy when some older dude added her and was speaking to her in italian. we shut that done PDQ.. she didnt think it was wrong because he spoke italian and we just referred it to the school. her bday was gone and her account then went private after that.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we do not have kids but I take part in the international student program (I did one similar when I was 16) and we house usually 2 teenage girls at a time from europe/asia/south america

they ALL have multiple IG/TikTok accounts (one for canada, one for family, one for friends) We have explained many times the need for privacy. we had one that posted pictures of her in a bikini and had her full birthday on the IG account. she was so happy when some older dude added her and was speaking to her in italian. we shut that done PDQ.. she didnt think it was wrong because he spoke italian and we just referred it to the school. her bday was gone and her account then went private after that.
wasnt me

/but seriously, in the case of my daughter a lot of these followers were unknown older males ... disgusting to think about now

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My two daughters are full grown adults now so what they do on social media is out of my control. That said, they fully get how bad instagram/SnapChat/TikTok etc. can be from a self-esteem and lurking/stalking perspective and limit what they post on those platforms.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they have a college version of that program? If so DM me the details.

sorry

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my wife has dragged me to a couple of "social media and your child" seminars put on by the school district / pacs over the past few years. I think she does it to make herself feel better about how we manage our kids social media use because GOOD LORD, we go to these seminars and many parents have 0 control over their kids device use ... like stories of grade 8's going to sleep with their phones in their rooms ... or not even going to sleep and staying on social media until 3 in the morning ... it all stems from 1 problem imo, lack of tech awareness amongst parents ... and many of these kids are the ones that set up the wifi in their families homes ... and hold the passwords!!!!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he doubled down with the “I have a friend excuse”

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummm if god did all of this then why is he making the world too hot to live?

Oh wait nevermind it is the gays fault. :L

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

these people are terrifying that they hold any power at all

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Can’t make dinner because four days of work was a bit much” is an awful excuse for the president to skip this.

Also, this was 3 days ago. Building sandcastles official business now?

There’s still time for someone else, is all I’m saying.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did someone point out to this putz that we're kinda cutting down all the trees too?

Or that there are forms of Carbon/CO2 that plants don't "like" to use during photosynthesis? And those forms of CO2 are still greenhouse gases?

No? Didn't think so.

Dipshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.