• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading at this point…

That cleared a path for Majewski, who previously worked in the nuclear power industry and dabbled in politics as a pro-Trump hip-hop performer
Yeah, if you want to know how white NE Ohio is - that guy is what a hip-hop performer looks like up there.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FczhRAFXwAEmF6S

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole mess could have likely been avoided if we actually would have been able to view Trump's tax returns prior to him winning the Republican nomination in 2015. I'm just spitballin' here, but maybe that should be a prerequisite going forward to avoid this in the future.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole mess could have likely been avoided if we actually would have been able to view Trump's tax returns prior to him winning the Republican nomination in 2015. I'm just spitballin' here, but maybe that should be a prerequisite going forward to avoid this in the future.
Are you saying that he would have lost any supporters if they knew what he was truly about? I am not so sure about that.

All of this would have been avoided if the other side ran literally anyone but Hillary. In fact, I think he wanted Hillary to win. Actually winning made the grift easier, but the consequences higher. No one will convince me he actually wanted it.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole mess could’ve been avoided if he would’ve stayed being a fucking con man in his normal life and not running for President of the United States. But you know, ego and all.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be puffing a cigar laughing when all of these "go fully electric" deadlines start coming up and 75% of vehicles on the road are still fossil fueled.

There's nothing in the pipeline right now that could even replace 5% of long-haul rigs with zero-emission. They're just getting started on last mile vehicles. To say nothing about infrastructure - CA just spent a month telling EV owners not to charge their Tesla 3's lol

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'm going to be puffing a cigar laughing when all of these "go fully electric" deadlines start coming up and 75% of vehicles on the road are still fossil fueled.

There's nothing in the pipeline right now that could even replace 5% of long-haul rigs with zero-emission. They're just getting started on last mile vehicles. To say nothing about infrastructure - CA just spent a month telling EV owners not to charge their Tesla 3's lol

also, we (Canada, US, or anywhere that I am aware of) do not produce near enough electricity to power a fully electric vehicle society.
so if that's the future, best get cracking on some mega power plant infrastructure. Any make sure it's green, i guess or we're going in circles.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like he HAS EVER hidden his true nature either ... God he's vomit inducing

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, we (Canada, US, or anywhere that I am aware of) do not produce near enough electricity to power a fully electric vehicle society.
so if that's the future, best get cracking on some mega power plant infrastructure. Any make sure it's green, i guess or we're going in circles.

The other thing is we still live in a pretty cold country (November through February at least) and the range of electric vehicles goes way down as the temp goes down. I think a hybrid solution of electric vehicles and carbon capture is required.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah except I'll also be paying 3x as much for stuff just like everybody else.

I get that we can't stop the movement toward renewables but the strategy of doing so by creating an ever more unaffordable life seems like one of those things that lead to revolutions.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing is we still live in a pretty cold country (November through February at least) and the range of electric vehicles goes way down as the temp goes down. I think a hybrid solution of electric vehicles and carbon capture is required.

Yup.

Until we come up with either a nuclear solution or until we get better at harnessing things like solar power, we'll need a hybrid solution.

I just hate it when people *cough, the far right* want to poopoo green energy because it's not up to what their expectations of how it should be -- it will get there, no doubt.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is we're actually more fucked than anybody is acknowledging regarding power generation - old nukes are nearing the end of their lifespan and building new ones is insanely expensive, the dams built by the US Corps of Engineers and the Dept. of Reclamation are filling with silt or sitting on rivers that are drying the fuck up, coal is bad so bye bye, the gas plants we replaced those with are also bad so bye bye, solar still isn't good enough to power en masse, neither is wind...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the prevailing attitude toward investment in renewables and greener energy?

Down here there is irrational, nearly violent opposition to wind power with the main argument being "turbines spoil natural beauty". Like the natural beauty of the flat, endless cornfields of NW Ohio or the Strip mined mountains of Western MD.
Which is why I am going to buy a diesel mid 90's Land Rover to drive in the winter when I buy my ID4.

Only half kidding. If bio diesel was more easily found it becomes less of a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.