• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do we think Collins is a) lying through her teeth, or b) dumb as a box of hammers for believing Gorsuch and Kavanagh when they said they wouldn't overturn?

Or c)... Yes.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should there not be consequences if you blatantly lie in a confirmation hearing to be appointed to the Supreme Court?

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They should raid all churches.

"Its churches, which are primarily located near military bases throughout the country, have been accused by former members and a veterans' advocacy group of operating like a cult"

it's literally a cult to begin with; what were you expecting?

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should there not be consequences if you blatantly lie in a confirmation hearing to be appointed to the Supreme Court?

Pretty much EVERYTHING else has consequences for lying except for the place that needs it just about the most -- The Supreme Court.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know me, I am pretty anti violent. But right now you have a bunch of millionaires taking away rights, sometimes gleefully taking away rights. And you have other millionaires talking about taking away "entitlements" and social programs while calling Americans spoiled - at some point people are going to snap.
If someone is a year away from retirement after working all their life but not wealthy enough to not rely somewhat on social security and millionaire criminal Rick Scott proposes slashing it forcing them to think about working a few more years - would I blame them if they did something to Scott? Or should the person just be content to vote in the next election.......
If my wife and child died because of a complicated pregnancy that had little odds of success because the court was packed and a law overturned, I would not be happy.
Here’s my hope.

I hope that as we Gen Xers get old, that we don’t turn into the selfish, xenophobic, and fearful people that the Boomers certainly have become.

And if you live in a shitty state, now is a fantastic time to move.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just logged in, what steps backwards have we taken today.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a pregnant woman eating McDonald's earlier.... that's not really healthy, should that be allowed? And drinking a diet soda? Caffeine and chemicals.....is there a report line I can call?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was depressed but it's going to be OK! The democrats (you know the party that has the presidency, the house, and half the senate) gathered to sing God Bless America on the capital steps. Now that's action!

Status
Not open for further replies.