• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might as well keep going back and roll back the civil rights act, women's suffrage, and emancipation. Hell, bring back prohibition, too.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might as well keep going back and roll back the civil rights act, women's suffrage, and emancipation. Hell, bring back prohibition, too.

It's a good reminder that while there are parts of America that are fairly normal compared to the rest of the industrialized world, much of this country is extremely conservative (not the left/right kind, but in regards to liberty), puritanical, ignorant, poorly educated, and have dedicated much/most of their lives to the "next life." This is a fantasy that doesn't exist designed to give weak-minded people comfort and the absolution of guilt over things that do not fit within their own moral compass or the moral compass they've chosen to follow because it promises salvation by following simple rules. This is, of course, (1) extremely ironic because these are the same people that scream "freedom" indiscriminately all while restricting the rights of others based on the values identified by said pretend universe. Again, this is a place that does not exist and is merely a structure created by man to drive wealth and create social control reinforcing the irony of said beliefs. And returning to lack of education, (2) this irony is also derived from a failure to understand the differences of positive and negative liberties, especially in the context of an interconnected modern society. And (3) this is much easier than pursuing empathy and love in a real way that makes demands on your lifestyle and your own freedoms because the world cannot be defined by simple rules. It is complex, messy, and challenging. Making it a paradise requires work and sacrifice, not prayers to a pretend being. Loving freedom and God without understanding what either really means is much easier.

TL:DR - Some of us be like Europe, rest of y'all are People of Walmart

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good reminder that while there are parts of America that are fairly normal compared to the rest of the industrialized world, much of this country is extremely conservative (not the left/right kind, but in regards to liberty), puritanical, ignorant, poorly educated, and have dedicated much/most of their lives to the "next life." This is a fantasy that doesn't exist designed to give weak-minded people comfort and the absolution of guilt over things that do not fit within their own moral compass or the moral compass they've chosen to follow because it promises salvation by following simple rules. This is, of course, (1) extremely ironic because these are the same people that scream "freedom" indiscriminately all while restricting the rights of others based on the values identified by said pretend universe. Again, this is a place that does not exist and is merely a structure created by man to drive wealth and create social control reinforcing the irony of said beliefs. And returning to lack of education, (2) this irony is also derived from a failure to understand the differences of positive and negative liberties, especially in the context of an interconnected modern society. And (3) this is much easier than pursuing empathy and love in a real way that makes demands on your lifestyle and your own freedoms because the world cannot be defined by simple rules. It is complex, messy, and challenging. Making it a paradise requires work and sacrifice, not prayers to a pretend being. Loving freedom and God without understanding what either really means is much easier.

TL:DR - Some of us be like Europe, rest of y'all are People of Walmart
When the largest and nicest buildings in your town are churches you know it is bad.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to make light of the subject but all you Canadians better start buying up land and building abortion clinics right across the border. That will be huge business. Because if you don't all the rich politicians that wanted Roe v Wade abolished will be investing in it soon enough.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess this is going to be the 'most important election of our lives' again.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess this is going to be the 'most important election of our lives' again.
Maybe one of these times we will get it right. I highly doubt it but wishful thinking.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone please remind me who was House Speaker during Obama's first term when he had that sweet supermajority?

They magically decided to de-prioritize it after the election and no one held anyone accountable.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think, the my freedumbs people are getting what they want. Freedom being taken away from people they "hate" in their bible.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys (and gals) are all welcome here, we have our share of problems as well, just so you know, but in my opinion, it's a pretty nice place to live.

/Housing is expensive, but the conversion rate is still in your favo(u)r.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys (and gals) are all welcome here, we have our share of problems as well, just so you know, but in my opinion, it's a pretty nice place to live.

As long as the hookers are relatively clean and the blow is fentanyl free, sign me up.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Living in Buffalo and going to Canada to stock up on the beer was worth it.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know me, I am pretty anti violent. But right now you have a bunch of millionaires taking away rights, sometimes gleefully taking away rights. And you have other millionaires talking about taking away "entitlements" and social programs while calling Americans spoiled - at some point people are going to snap.
If someone is a year away from retirement after working all their life but not wealthy enough to not rely somewhat on social security and millionaire criminal Rick Scott proposes slashing it forcing them to think about working a few more years - would I blame them if they did something to Scott? Or should the person just be content to vote in the next election.......
If my wife and child died because of a complicated pregnancy that had little odds of success because the court was packed and a law overturned, I would not be happy.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious if Ryan Whitney has tweeted anything about Roe v Wade being overturned - I mean, he had no issues tweeting about his trials and tribulations in a Canadian airport for multiple days :noidea:

Edit: And the answer is of course not and that's no surprise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.