• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk: 7 Words You Can't Say to Jack Johnson

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Near me, there is an Intel microchip plant (and when I say plant - I mean micro city) opening in 2026. Every house that goes on the market is snapped up by investors in a day or two. They are planning ahead for the influx of workers and executives needing housing.

I plan to sell in 2025/26. I figure my house may double again by then and it is already nearly double what I paid 15 years ago. Problem is, I won't be able to afford anywhere else nearby to live. I'll have to move out to Trump Country.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Pierre does this grandstanding filibuster as a political stunt, now the Liberals won’t allow it to end and Pierre is out at some fundraiser but Trudeau was still in Commons listening to Scheer for hours while playing crossword puzzles on his phone.

Meanwhile bail tightening still hasn’t happened.

I positively hate this place.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good.

With how slow stuff moves in GA probably will be completed when it is obsolete.

Also would be cool if went to Raleigh, Roanoke, DC and even Charleston SC.
“The White House announced $8.2 billion in new funding for 10 major passenger rail projects across the country, including the "first world-class high-speed rail projects in our country's history."”

From this article: On High-Speed Rail, Look at the Costs and Results Before You Leap - Reason Foundation

“The cost per mile of the planned 520-mile California high-speed rail system, assuming it could actually be built for the current estimate of $80 billion, is $154 million per mile. And Amtrak’s own estimates for replacing its existing Northeast Corridor with true high-speed rail work out to over $500 million per mile.”

By that math $8.2 billion will barely get you out of metro Atlanta on HSR let alone actually make any decent plans that can be acted on nationwide. What's going to happen in congress when they come back asking for $40 billion to build a train line between Atlanta and Charlotte lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNITED NATIONS, Dec 8 (Reuters) - The United States on Friday vetoed a proposed United Nations Security Council demand for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire in the war between Israel and Palestinian militant group Hamas in Gaza, diplomatically isolating Washington as it shields its ally.

Thirteen other members voted in favor of a brief draft resolution, put forward by the United Arab Emirates, while Britain abstained. The vote came after U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres made a rare move on Wednesday to formally warn the 15-member council of a global threat from the two-month long war.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNITED NATIONS, Dec 8 (Reuters) - The United States on Friday vetoed a proposed United Nations Security Council demand for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire in the war between Israel and Palestinian militant group Hamas in Gaza, diplomatically isolating Washington as it shields its ally.

Thirteen other members voted in favor of a brief draft resolution, put forward by the United Arab Emirates, while Britain abstained. The vote came after U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres made a rare move on Wednesday to formally warn the 15-member council of a global threat from the two-month long war.
But why?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I think Joe is trying to show his support for Israel which is fine on the surface, but it's tough to ignore those scenes of dead Palestinian children. I understand that a response was needed for what happened on October 7th, but we're two months into this now.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think Joe is trying to show his support for Israel which is fine on the surface, but it's tough to ignore those scenes of dead Palestinian children. I understand that a response was needed for what happened on October 7th, but we're two months into this now.
Hamas should turn in their arms then. Palestinians should be revolting against them for violating the ceasefire on October 7th triggering all of this.

Not sure why anybody is expecting any different from Israel. They said they’re going to eliminate Hamas, the US said they backed them. That’s what’s going to happen.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamas should turn in their arms then. Palestinians should be revolting against them for violating the ceasefire on October 7th triggering all of this.

Not sure why anybody is expecting any different from Israel. They said they’re going to eliminate Hamas, the US said they backed them. That’s what’s going to happen.

I don't have any issue with getting rid of Hamas, but the toll on innocent lives including over 6,000 Palestinian children is a pretty tough pill to swallow.