• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk: 7 Words You Can't Say to Jack Johnson

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

current

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it true that the AJ stands for Absolute Jerk?!?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a picture of Trump from the convention last night.

Looked to me like he had a salt packet from Auntie Anne's frozen soft pretzels taped to his ear.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looked to me like he had a salt packet from Auntie Anne's frozen soft pretzels taped to his ear.
Who wore it better, him and the ear patch or McDavivd’s beard band aid?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Notice he didn't move his neck. He pivoted at the shoulders to look around

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night, I spent an hour listening to a podcast to prepare for the latest episode of "The Acolyte." During that time, the hosts revealed themselves to be Trump supporters and Republicans, boasting over 4 million followers between the four of them. While I don't have an issue with their political stance and largely agree with their criticisms of "The Acolyte" (such as issues with writing, plot, and character development), the podcast primarily discussed the Trump assassination attempt. Initially, I considered turning it off, but I decided to hear the Right's perspective.

Good:

• They emphasized the need to settle things down and calm the rhetoric.
  • They criticized Tenacious D for a band member's comment about Trump.
  • They denounced those who label the Right as Nazis, (Not clarifying that we only refer to Trump and his extreme followers—those who actually perform Nazi salutes and quote Hitler)
Bad:

• When talking about calming rhetoric, they only blamed the Left. They believe the Right has been trying to maintain peace for years and see the Left as the sole problem.
  • They criticized the Left for not addressing Corey Comperatore's death and praised Trump for continuing his activities (like golfing and attending the RNC) after being shot. However, they didn't mention Trump's lack of contact with Comperatore's family, his golfing after Comperatore's death, or his falling asleep at the RNC.
  • They ignored the fact that Trump chose a running mate who once compared him to Hitler.
Listening in dumbfounded silence, I realized there is no fixing this. There is no middle ground. Our society is deeply divided, and I can no longer be part of it by feeding into this anymore. There's nowhere to escape from it. I just want November to come and go, and I'll deal with whatever happens.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CNN reports that security for Trump has been increased even more after Intel uncovered a plot by Iran to assassinate Trump.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • They emphasized the need to settle things down and calm the rhetoric.
  • They criticized Tenacious D for a band member's comment about Trump.
  • They denounced those who label the Right as Nazis, (Not clarifying that we only refer to Trump and his extreme followers—those who actually perform Nazi salutes and quote Hitler)

So their so called "good" is very flawed.
Their emphasizing the need to settle down things is obviously focused at democrats and I guarantee they have no qualms about the comments Republican politicians made. And on to point #2 I would be curious if they ever criticized the folks who wished Paul Pelosi dead?
And on the final comment, if they don't like it then start pushing back on the extreme right who are Nazi's, I bet they won't.

Like you said it is a sad state and not sure how soon we will recover from these extreme beliefs.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So their so called "good" is very flawed.
Their emphasizing the need to settle down things is obviously focused at democrats and I guarantee they have no qualms about the comments Republican politicians made. And on to point #2 I would be curious if they ever criticized the folks who wished Paul Pelosi dead?
And on the final comment, if they don't like it then start pushing back on the extreme right who are Nazi's, I bet they won't.

Like you said it is a sad state and not sure how soon we will recover from these extreme beliefs.
thats what I mean. I tried really hard to find any good that they were going on about I just grabbed what I could find.... and their direct tone was aggressive and shouting (which may be their shtick) with a lot of go fuck yourselves "for this and that"