• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk: 7 Words You Can't Say to Jack Johnson

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amusing you extrapolate a few republican talking points and a few democrats viewpoints to cover the entire Democrat party.

And your second paragraph is ridiculous. What far liberal left candidate has gotten a major national push from the party in the last 30 years? And blaming the democrats on the republicans going further right is absurd. Its akin to your "better not expand the Supreme Court, or the Republicans might do something crazy" argument.
Isn't it really that simple though when a few percentage of "independents" swing the entire country's direction?

Do you really not think the Democrats are further left than they were 30 years ago?

And yeah, I don't think that turning your highest court into a tit-for-tat kangaroo chamber is the best reaction to a few years of decisions you don't like. Wreaks of "this won't end well". Think it's absurd all you want but just two cents from a foreigner.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Republicans essentially did the weekend at Bernie’s with Reagan for his second term. I wouldn’t be surprised the same doesn’t happen here.

Last edited:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yeah, I don't think that turning your highest court into a tit-for-tat kangaroo chamber is the best reaction to a few years of decisions you don't like. Wreaks of "this won't end well". Think it's absurd all you want but just two cents from a foreigner.
Doing nothing has been working out pretty great so far too...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eapc421ikbad1.jpeg

You would think that Supreme Court Justice is the one job where getting proven to have been lying in your interview is grounds for immediate dismissal.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Story time

I was in Antigua for a hurricane.. the edge of the hurricane hit us only and it was one of the most terrifying nights I've experienced.. after it ended it was the quietest morning ever.. I removed all mattresses from the windows and door , opened the door and a goat stood in front me with a bucket around its neck ... It baaaaaaa,d at me and ran off

I closed the door and started cracking beers .. it was 7am

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Story time

I was in Antigua for a hurricane.. the edge of the hurricane hit us only and it was one of the most terrifying nights I've experienced.. after it ended it was the quietest morning ever.. I removed all mattresses from the windows and door , opened the door and a goat stood in front me with a bucket around its neck ... It baaaaaaa,d at me and ran off

I closed the door and started cracking beers .. it was 7am
first time in Mexico ( I was 13, same trip my dad introduced me to tequila) - there was a bad storm, but it was mostly at night.
didn't think much of it, mostly just how cool it was that the palm trees were so resilient.
until we woke up to a dog barking on the beach, and he was trying to get the attention of the dead dude face down in the sand outside of our room.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can I be your Vice.........President?.
OK, you're on. Can you get to Hawaii? Need you to meet someone and get an "Obama Birth Certificate" then come back and get ready to debate Guilfoyle or some other plastic monster.
Do the Shoresy "huh?" thing.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Story time - not as interesting as the previous.

I went to Jamaica in 2005. The night before we left a close friend had a birthday party, a big number. So my wife and I had the choice of making a quick appearance, going home and trying to sleep or enjoying ourselves and suffering later. I can never sleep so we stayed, went home, slept for an hour, and headed to the airport.
I tried to sleep on the plane and bus, no luck. I was so tired. That night in Jamaica it hit me and I went back to my room to go to bed. I was in bed almost asleep when an earthquake hit. It was months after the 2004 Tsunami, and I was probably 200 yards from the water so I worried for a few seconds. Then I was just so tired I didn't care and went to sleep.

Tl-dr I lived

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think replacing Biden at this point is a good move, and did not a year ago......... but if MD governor Wes Moore was on the short list of replacement candidates...I'd be more in favor of it

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, you're on. Can you get to Hawaii? Need you to meet someone and get an "Obama Birth Certificate" then come back and get ready to debate Guilfoyle or some other plastic monster.
Do the Shoresy "huh?" thing.
on-my-way-c2whzn9ulkpwttm8.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy, some high level democrats have asked me about my availability and asked if there was anything in my past that would hinder a campaign. Have I ever posted anything here off-color or that would bother anyone at all? I dont think so.....
Never mind. After some more research (listening to the voice-mail they left) it seems the high level guys were asking me to join and possibly hold office in the local International Order Of Odd Fellows.