• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cobra Kai

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree on Kreese. Writing him off the show would've been fine.

But as someone else posted, it is Cobra Kai, so there had to be some type of Cobra kai influence on the show.

But Kreese's last 5 minutes is exactly why I doubt Silver is back. You don't need both, again.

Part of me is almost wondering if Daniel and Johnny don't end up with the IP of Cobra Kai and that's how the show closes....IDK.

I highly doubt the tournament is in the Valley since they clearly said during the review process that they had a hard time breaking into America at all.

I would guess Japan and that lets Chozen stay in the show in some form.

Yes I love how the KK3 girl is the one who introduced Daniel to his wife. A very nice touch.

With a new international crew, there are quite a few ways they can go.
That makes sense but Silver does bring resources and ways and means. They do not need both as you stated. I literally have no idea what Kreese would do or how he can even serve as an antagonist at this point. He is broke, has no connections, and is on the run. I think his trope is overplayed at this point. I was getting annoyed with it when he was manipulating Tory.

Silver has connections and resources. I also think he is better from an acting perspective and his fights are more realistic. Perhaps the adult fighting is all over?

I do remember the committee saying they have had trouble in America. Japan or Okinawa does make sense. I can see Chozen or Daniel training them in Mr. Miyagi's old village? Do we know if Sato kept his dojos open after KK2? We know Chozen teaches but I am wondering if it's a chain of dojos or not. KK2 indicated they were at one point.

If they fight overseas, I bet it is a shorter season with like 4-5 episodes being here in the states and 3 being at the tournament. Who knows.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense but Silver does bring resources and ways and means. They do not need both as you stated. I literally have no idea what Kreese would do or how he can even serve as an antagonist at this point. He is broke, has no connections, and is on the run. I think his trope is overplayed at this point. I was getting annoyed with it when he was manipulating Tory.

Silver has connections and resources. I also think he is better from an acting perspective and his fights are more realistic. Perhaps the adult fighting is all over?

I do remember the committee saying they have had trouble in America. Japan or Okinawa does make sense. I can see Chozen or Daniel training them in Mr. Miyagi's old village? Do we know if Sato kept his dojos open after KK2? We know Chozen teaches but I am wondering if it's a chain of dojos or not. KK2 indicated they were at one point.

If they fight overseas, I bet it is a shorter season with like 4-5 episodes being here in the states and 3 being at the tournament. Who knows.

I think that's all they need. This should be a short mini series, like 6 episodes.

Just like white collar was.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's all they need. This should be a short mini series, like 6 episodes.

Just like white collar was.
Hopefully, its done well and not drug out. We can only hope. So far...they have done excellent!

I would love to see them pump in a ton of cash to make the last season the best.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, its done well and not drug out. We can only hope. So far...they have done excellent!

I would love to see them pump in a ton of cash to make the last season the best.

Gotta think the effects of the tournament would be epic

Now the question is, who wins?

Miguel won a title

Hawk was the best in tournament 2

Seems like Robby being the world champ would make the most sense after taking Ls in b2b finals

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta think the effects of the tournament would be epic

Now the question is, who wins?

Miguel won a title

Hawk was the best in tournament 2

Seems like Robby being the world champ would make the most sense after taking Ls in b2b finals
Yup, Robby wins the men's bracket I think. He will use some new Miyagi move to seal it.

Not sure Tory or Sam will compete but who knows? Devon might win the female bracket with Sam/Tory coaching her.

The original franchise always had Daniel winning so I am guessing the streak continues.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This film has gone absolutely bat shit crazy, and I gotta admit I love it lol...

There's apparently no parents in the Valley, there's no cops or law enforcement whatsoever, Silver hired a platoon of fuckin' GI Joes, Kreese went full Hannibal, Peyton List is still teasing us with no nudity....

I mean damn... one hell of a fuckin' show. Gonna be karate in space in 2023 and bet your ass I'm watchin' that shit.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn't a bad season but it was a mixed bag? My favorite moment from it is Miguel and Robby patching things up and their parents forming a family. Robby was my least favorite character at the beginning but has grown into one of the more especial characters.

Kenny was very good as an Anakin type kid who thankfully turned from the dark side at the end. Mike Barnes coming back was a blast and Chozen stole the show.

The best thing about season five, without a doubt is Terry Silver! Thomas Ian Griffin is tailor made for the character. Even though he got arrested he could easily pay his way out of it or get a slap on the wrist and be back to torment Miyagi Do & Eagle Fang. He's a multi billionaire who's probably done worse things than assault, witness tampering and falsifying a police report. Unless TIG doesn't want to return we may see him in season six? At least I hope we do?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This film has gone absolutely bat shit crazy, and I gotta admit I love it lol...

There's apparently no parents in the Valley, there's no cops or law enforcement whatsoever, Silver hired a platoon of fuckin' GI Joes, Kreese went full Hannibal, Peyton List is still teasing us with no nudity....

I mean damn... one hell of a fuckin' show. Gonna be karate in space in 2023 and bet your ass I'm watchin' that shit.
Definitely thought season five was gonna wrap things up and was not expecting a sixth season. Not sure how I feel about Johnny Lawrence impregnating Carmen(considering that by now he's pushing his sixties), but whatever. Silver as mentioned has huge resources, so I fully expect his troublemaking to continue. I highly doubt he's gonna be in jail for long. Will be interesting how he and John Kreese settle things from this point forward...

So yeah, definitely wanna see how all this is gonna shake out. Lol my lady tells me I'm hooked on this show. Don't have a clue what she's talking about...:D

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely thought season five was gonna wrap things up and was not expecting a sixth season. Not sure how I feel about Johnny Lawrence impregnating Carmen(considering that by now he's pushing his sixties), but whatever. Silver as mentioned has huge resources, so I fully expect his troublemaking to continue. I highly doubt he's gonna be in jail for long. Will be interesting how he and John Kreese settle things from this point forward...

So yeah, definitely wanna see how all this is gonna shake out. Lol my lady tells me I'm hooked on this show. Don't have a clue what she's talking about...:D

Bro... Terry Silver is going to buy a space shuttle and host a tournament on a trip to the moon and Daniel San will have to defeat both him and Kreese on the moon in space suits...

And... ANNNND we get the slow mo crane kick because it's the moon and all!? Oh yah... gonna be an epic next season.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn't a bad season but it was a mixed bag? My favorite moment from it is Miguel and Robby patching things up and their parents forming a family. Robby was my least favorite character at the beginning but has grown into one of the more especial characters.

Kenny was very good as an Anakin type kid who thankfully turned from the dark side at the end. Mike Barnes coming back was a blast and Chozen stole the show.

The best thing about season five, without a doubt is Terry Silver! Thomas Ian Griffin is tailor made for the character. Even though he got arrested he could easily pay his way out of it or get a slap on the wrist and be back to torment Miyagi Do & Eagle Fang. He's a multi billionaire who's probably done worse things than assault, witness tampering and falsifying a police report. Unless TIG doesn't want to return we may see him in season six? At least I hope we do?

Robby was my favorite for s1 and 2.

Hawk was my favorite in s4 and he basically was a man with no island for a while

And yeah, silver has been a great addition, he’s basically the main villain in the KK story now after this

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robby was my favorite for s1 and 2.

Hawk was my favorite in s4 and he basically was a man with no island for a while

And yeah, silver has been a great addition, he’s basically the main villain in the KK story now after this

Ok... finally ended the season last night, I still had 3 episodes left.

I have a much better opinion of the season after accepting / embracing Silver as what he was... The actor is very charismatic, it's incredible that the pretty much quit after KK3. Maybe the only action that was way over the top for me was burning down the furniture store, but it could have been done by one of the nameless/emotionless minions.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok... finally ended the season last night, I still had 3 episodes left.

I have a much better opinion of the season after accepting / embracing Silver as what he was... The actor is very charismatic, it's incredible that the pretty much quit after KK3. Maybe the only action that was way over the top for me was burning down the furniture store, but it could have been done by one of the nameless/emotionless minions.
Oh TIG didn't quit; none of his projects were as big as Part III. He's been numerous movies and TV shows but at a certain age primo roles dry up for actors and he may have been saddled as an "action guy/martial artist trying to act" rather than a real thespian. It's a shame because he really brought a lot of nuance and subtlety to Silver.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is interesting. Kinda what Q and I have been talking about.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chozen was just perfect this season. He was a mentor, a warrior, and a comedian. I agree that we probably will not or will see very little of him. I would love a wedding announcement of some sort to make its way to LaRusso.

Hopefully, Barnes gets more screen time. I think there is a good story that can be told there.

I am kinda over the Kreese storyline to be honest. He uses the same tactic over and over again. He pretends to be the ally claiming he is doing whatever it is to "protect" the person. He manipulates said person and then tricks them into doing something they don't want to do. Let's move on guys!

I agree that he will snake his way into training some sort of bully-like figure into the tournament. They cannot find a better villain than Silver so I anticipate him being back in some form. They will probably explain it quickly, like his lawyer got him off or he paid off the DA office to get the charges dropped. I see a really weak explanation working to get Silver back in the picture from the get-go.

Things I want to see in season 6:

Wrap up the series before they jump the shark
Have Bobby baptize Carmen and Johnny's baby...LOL
Eli and Dimitri get into a prestigious University
LaRusso Auto expands
Chozen and Yumiko get married
Tory goes to college and continues to date Robby
Kenny joins Miyagi-Do and becomes the prize student
Sam and Miguel go their separate ways but stay good friends in college
Daniel opens a massive Miyagi-Do dojo and Johnny is the head sensei/manager
Barnes gets back on his feet, gets a new furniture store specializing in Japanese furniture, and is a part-time sensei at Miyagi-Do
Silver goes to the slammer
Kreese dies in some heroic way
Maybe have it to where Miguel’s dad gets involved with Kreese somehow and Kreese can tell him about Miguel.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe have it to where Miguel’s dad gets involved with Kreese somehow and Kreese can tell him about Miguel.
I thought about that. Dude was a slime ball.

The Next Karate Kid bad guy (Michael Ironsides) is probably too old. Kreese will need money, connections, and other means to really make any noise.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is interesting. Kinda what Q and I have been talking about.

Yeah those are decent.

Man, there is zero love for Robby here lol

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished it. The red head from KK3 has aged very well. They could have left the womens bar fight out though. Thought that was pretty dumb , but overall a solid season.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s absolutely the right call

You could’ve argued they could’ve ended it at 5 minus a detail or two
Agreed. It seemed like a lot of the loose ends were already tied up at the end of season five.