• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cobra Kai

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be a separate girls' tournament, I would think (although there have been scenes where boys have no problem hitting girls. LOL). I'm trying to remember, but I don't think I saw any girls fighting in the tournament in season 1. I'm guessing Robby and Miguel are on a collision course in the tournament, and if there is a girls' tournament, then Sam vs. Tory.
I guess if they are not enough girls to compete with then I guess you could face off with the boys. I know like Akido and BJJ will let boys and girls compete with each other in tournaments and some light sparring Karate tournaments may let boys and girls fight each other.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if they are not enough girls to compete with then I guess you could face off with the boys. I know like Akido and BJJ will let boys and girls compete with each other in tournaments and some light sparring Karate tournaments may let boys and girls fight each other.

this is such a bad idea lol.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but the magic of Karate Kid was that it was unrealistic for Daniel-san to beat Johnny Lawrence.

I'm embarrassed how much I love this Cobra Kai show.

Yah but the show is set up differently than the movie. In the movie we never really understood how good Johnny was #1, but most important the ultimate fighting we see from Daniel against Cobra Kai was a TOURNAMENT. Karate Tournaments are EXTREMELY different from MMA or street fighting. I firmly believe Cobra Kai students still would've kicked Daniel's ass outside of those rules and Johnny's rage + cockiness got the better of him. Re-match that and Johnny wins probably 9/10 times. It's like the New York Jets this year beating the Rams lol.

What we see in Cobra Kai is basically ALL street fighting. Miguel/Robbie dunno... if Miguel gets fully healthy he can go toe to toe. He already beat Robby twice and one was a street fight (at school, Robbie just took a cheap shot).

NO WAY fat ass Sam beats hot ass Tory. But who knows, maybe Johnny will tell her to get her ass in shape and teach her some offense now that Eagle Fang (LOL) and Miyagi-Do have combined.

Last edited:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah but the show is set up differently than the movie. In the movie we never really understood how good Johnny was #1, but most important the ultimate fighting we see from Daniel against Cobra Kai was a TOURNAMENT. Karate Tournaments are EXTREMELY different from MMA or street fighting. I firmly believe Cobra Kai students still would've kicked Daniel's ass outside of those rules and Johnny's rage + cockiness got the better of him. Re-match that and Johnny wins probably 9/10 times. It's like the New York Jets this year beating the Rams lol.

What we see in Cobra Kai is basically ALL street fighting. Miguel/Robbie dunno... if Miguel gets fully healthy he can go toe to toe. He already beat Robby twice and one was a street fight (at school, Robbie just took a cheap shot).

NO WAY fat ass Sam beats hot ass Tory. But who knows, maybe Johnny will tell her to get her ass in shape and teach her some offense now that Eagle Fang (LOL) and Miyagi-Do have combined.

he beat him injured after hawks cheap shot and after he had already lost to Robby before other cobra kai members got in the way on the stairs.

I don’t think they should’ve had Miguel win anything close to clean in the school brawl though

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Just finished season 3 last night.

Can't get enough. This also got the whole family to watch all 4!!! Karate Kids with me. Hell, I didn't even like "Another Karate Kid" but they were having none of it...Had to watch them all lol.

I'm glad they didn't do the Johnny/Ali/Miguel's mom love triangle deal. It would have been too soap opera cringe for me. Last episode teasing, but putting that to bed was nice. I kept waiting for Miguel's mom to show up at the party and the drama to ensue. Amanda dropping the c*ck block to ensure it was just the cherry on top.

Ready for season 4 already. lulz.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but the magic of Karate Kid was that it was unrealistic for Daniel-san to beat Johnny Lawrence.

I'm embarrassed how much I love this Cobra Kai show.
Virtually impossible under those circumstances. In reality I would have excoriated Mr Miagi as Daniel's teacher for allowing him to compete in a tournament against black belts. Set him up to be humiliated. Having trained and competed in Tae Kwon Do, there is far more to competing than just learning kicks, punches, and blocks. Those are just foundational skills needed to compete. There are things that must be learned that take experience over time which Daniel had none of entering that tournament.

Still was a teenager when the original KK movie came out. Loved them except for KKIII. That movie was not well done. Enjoying Cobra Kai for nostalgia purposes.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In reality Daniel would have been lucky to win any of the tournament matches at all. That just wouldn't happen in real life but makes for a good movie. I've seen some really gifted over achievers at tournaments over the years but Daniel would have been embarrassed. That was some real bad street fighting, lol

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virtually impossible under those circumstances. In reality I would have excoriated Mr Miagi as Daniel's teacher for allowing him to compete in a tournament against black belts. Set him up to be humiliated. Having trained and competed in Tae Kwon Do, there is far more to competing than just learning kicks, punches, and blocks. Those are just foundational skills needed to compete. There are things that must be learned that take experience over time which Daniel had none of entering that tournament.

Still was a teenager when the original KK movie came out. Loved them except for KKIII. That movie was not well done. Enjoying Cobra Kai for nostalgia purposes.

That Mac and Cheese though!

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am almost embarrassed how much I enjoy this show. It's got the perfect mix of nostalgia and slap stick humor.

Just finished season 3.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just binged watch the entire 3rd season and loved it. I just love how the writers reflect the past on the characters of Daniel, Johnny, and Kreece. Daniel's trip back to Okinawa was pretty awesome to reunite with his former love from the 2nd film and his rival enemy. That was pretty cool. My favorite though ghost as to be seeing Allie in the finale. I've always had a thing for Elisabeth Shue. Great series and hope season four is a hit as well.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just binged watch the entire 3rd season and loved it. I just love how the writers reflect the past on the characters of Daniel, Johnny, and Kreece. Daniel's trip back to Okinawa was pretty awesome to reunite with his former love from the 2nd film and his rival enemy. That was pretty cool. My favorite though ghost as to be seeing Allie in the finale. I've always had a thing for Elisabeth Shue. Great series and hope season four is a hit as well.
I really liked the Chozen episode. Would like to see them try to get him to return in a future season. Elisabeth Shue is still a very attractive woman, no doubt. I feel like her story was wrapped up after the finale since they all aired their grievance's so to speak and all left on good terms and Johnny wanting to move on with Carmen.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Nice pull by the producers. Griffith hasn’t acted in almost 15 years, but they got him to come out of retirement for this.

Bravo.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already binged the season. A lot going on during this season I felt. Some interesting twists and turns along the way. As of right now, I’d rank it third out of the four seasons.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am almost embarrassed how much I enjoy this show. It's got the perfect mix of nostalgia and slap stick humor.

Just finished season 3.
I feel the same way but I don't care. I may binge the entire new season as I deal with my hangover tomorrow and Sunday.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already binged the season. A lot going on during this season I felt. Some interesting twists and turns along the way. As of right now, I’d rank it third out of the four seasons.
Well, S2 was rough, so there is a pretty wide margin between S3 and S2.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, S2 was rough, so there is a pretty wide margin between S3 and S2.
Yeah, season two for me was the worst overall even though it contained probably my favorite episode to date, which is Johnny and the boys getting together one last time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised they are handing the bad-guy reins over to Silver. Griffith hasn’t acted in 15 years, and it really showed (both in his acting skills and his physical appearance). And Kreese’s face turn came completely out of left field. Not impressed with the execution of that at all.

who will Silver bring in? I am guessing that the writers don’t know 100% themselves atm (Kaman would be the obvious guess, but he is working regularly 1so he might actually be out of the budget for this show). They typically tell you in the finale who to expect in the following season in this show. Bringing Chozen in for (what appears to be) a full season arc looks interesting, though. Any chance he will turn on Johnny and go back to his bad-guy roots by teaming up with Silver? I doubt that very much.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised they are handing the bad-guy reins over to Silver. Griffith hasn’t acted in 15 years, and it really showed (both in his acting skills and his physical appearance). And Kreese’s face turn came completely out of left field. Not impressed with the execution of that at all.

who will Silver bring in? I am guessing that the writers don’t know 100% themselves atm (Kaman would be the obvious guess, but he is working regularly 1so he might actually be out of the budget for this show). They typically tell you in the finale who to expect in the following season in this show. Bringing Chozen in for (what appears to be) a full season arc looks interesting, though. Any chance he will turn on Johnny and go back to his bad-guy roots by teaming up with Silver? I doubt that very much.
I don’t think Chozen turns on Daniel at all. He’ll be a good place filler while Johnny isn’t around. Whenever Johnny gets back, he can somehow go back to Japan and they’ll go from there.
The only two notable names from the series they can bring in to my knowledge is Barnes or Julie (Hillary Swank’s character) unless the guy that played Dutch changes his mind. But since Sean works on a soap opera, I doubt he’ll be coming back for this unless he can work something out with that show and film this for a month or so.