• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cobra Kai

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any predictions on Season 4?

I'm hoping Mike Barnes has twins, one boy, one girl, lives on the other side of the valley, and that's who Terry brings in to help out Kreese.

I mean KC is already loaded with athletes who can fight.

it’s going to come down to the kids you already saw at the dojo with their sensei.

the only question is who does Robby face for the title

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it’s going to come down to the kids you already saw at the dojo with their sensei.

I’d say it’ll have to be either Sam or Miguel. Anyone else wouldn’t have the same drama or tension.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say it’ll have to be either Sam or Miguel. Anyone else wouldn’t have the same drama or tension.

those were the other 2 students in the scene I mentioned

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those were the other 2 students in the scene I mentioned

There should be a separate girls' tournament, I would think (although there have been scenes where boys have no problem hitting girls. LOL). I'm trying to remember, but I don't think I saw any girls fighting in the tournament in season 1. I'm guessing Robby and Miguel are on a collision course in the tournament, and if there is a girls' tournament, then Sam vs. Tory.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be a separate girls' tournament, I would think (although there have been scenes where boys have no problem hitting girls. LOL). I'm trying to remember, but I don't think I saw any girls fighting in the tournament in season 1. I'm guessing Robby and Miguel are on a collision course in the tournament, and if there is a girls' tournament, then Sam vs. Tory.

which then means that Tory has to become a bigger character in season 4... I mean, she is a decent character now, but of the kids, I would still put her 4th or 5th... If she is going to become Sam's rival, then she has to at least be a bigger character than hawk...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

aisha was fighting boys in the tournament in s1 iirc

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which then means that Tory has to become a bigger character in season 4... I mean, she is a decent character now, but of the kids, I would still put her 4th or 5th... If she is going to become Sam's rival, then she has to at least be a bigger character than hawk...

I think the season finales for s2 and 3 pretty much do that.

especially with hawks new position

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the season finales for s2 and 3 pretty much do that.

especially with hawks new position

yea, I can definitely see Hawk being almost written out of the show now... and Sam and Miguel are the 2 main Eagle fang/Myagi do and Tory and Robbie being the main Cobra kai members...

Just saying that they need to pick up the Tory story line a little... Just a little though, as we care more about the adults than the kids...

although, I do expect Robbie and or Tory to see the right side before the tournament starts...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, I can definitely see Hawk being almost written out of the show now... and Sam and Miguel are the 2 main Eagle fang/Myagi do and Tory and Robbie being the main Cobra kai members...

Just saying that they need to pick up the Tory story line a little... Just a little though, as we care more about the adults than the kids...

although, I do expect Robbie and or Tory to see the right side before the tournament starts...

Robbie has basically regressed to his early s1 form.

realistically he should win being a natural athlete who made it to the finals with very little training the year before.

but this shit is so personal now, I think Robbie and Tory start dating as well.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robbie has basically regressed to his early s1 form.

realistically he should win being a natural athlete who made it to the finals with very little training the year before.

but this shit is so personal now, I think Robbie and Tory start dating as well.

that's a given, that they will start dating...

just like it is a given that at the end of this show, I would guess season 4 is the final season, the 4 of them will be best friends... somehow...

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The reason the show works is because it's really about Johnny's redemption and the relationship between Johnny and Daniel.
They learn from each other.
Johnny learns compassion, forgiveness, and dignity through Miyagi-do.
Daniel learns that sometimes you have to be tough and to know when to go on the offense, especially with what he learned from Chozen.

As such, the kids will follow the same pattern.

When it comes to Tory and Sam, I just don't see Sam as the winner.
Sam has everything she needs and is an honorable pupil through the lens of Miyagi-do.
Tory, on the other hand, has to fight for everything she's earned.
She wants it for her sick mom. She wants it more.

But, for her to win as a member of Cobra-Kai, well, that wouldn't sit well.
No, I think Sam and Tory have to wind up on the same team.
And maybe even face each other.
That would complete Tory's redemption storyline and maybe even learns a move from Sam that helps her win her final.

Same thing with Robbie.
I think he winds up back at Miyagi-do.
Now, Miguel just isn't ready to resume fighting at his normal level, so it's Robbie that advances to the finals.
But, just when Robbie doesn't think he can win it, it's Miguel that forgives him for what Robbie did to him, and that gives Robbie the strength and peace of mind to win his final.

In order to do all of this, both Tory and Robbie would have to leave CK.
That's why I think Mike Barnes emerges from the shadows or Terry brings in two pupils that will challenge for the finals.

If both of them stayed at CK, I just don't see Sam beating Tory.
And I don't think a fully healed Miguel or even Hawk would beat Robbie.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason the show works is because it's really about Johnny's redemption and the relationship between Johnny and Daniel.
They learn from each other.
Johnny learns compassion, forgiveness, and dignity through Miyagi-do.
Daniel learns that sometimes you have to be tough and to know when to go on the offense, especially with what he learned from Chozen.

As such, the kids will follow the same pattern.

When it comes to Tory and Sam, I just don't see Sam as the winner.
Sam has everything she needs and is an honorable pupil through the lens of Miyagi-do.
Tory, on the other hand, has to fight for everything she's earned.
She wants it for her sick mom. She wants it more.

But, for her to win as a member of Cobra-Kai, well, that wouldn't sit well.
No, I think Sam and Tory have to wind up on the same team.
And maybe even face each other.
That would complete Tory's redemption storyline and maybe even learns a move from Sam that helps her win her final.

Same thing with Robbie.
I think he winds up back at Miyagi-do.
Now, Miguel just isn't ready to resume fighting at his normal level, so it's Robbie that advances to the finals.
But, just when Robbie doesn't think he can win it, it's Miguel that forgives him for what Robbie did to him, and that gives Robbie the strength and peace of mind to win his final.

In order to do all of this, both Tory and Robbie would have to leave CK.
That's why I think Mike Barnes emerges from the shadows or Terry brings in two pupils that will challenge for the finals.

If both of them stayed at CK, I just don't see Sam beating Tory.
And I don't think a fully healed Miguel or even Hawk would beat Robbie.

idk how you wrote Tory ans Sam on the sam team for those reasons.

to Tory, Sam embodies everything she hates. Spoiled rich kids who got away with a brawl at school while she’s on probation and not in Juvy only because of her sick mother.

it would take something completely disastrous to turn Tory.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk how you wrote Tory ans Sam on the sam team for those reasons.

to Tory, Sam embodies everything she hates. Spoiled rich kids who got away with a brawl at school while she’s on probation and not in Juvy only because of her sick mother.

it would take something completely disastrous to turn Tory.
That's just it.
Did we ever think we would get a show that pairs Daniel/Johnny as good cop/bad cop?
But, it works.

And if they're going to match the original duo, it only makes sense that Miguel/Robbie and Tory/Sam follow suit.

I just do not see Miguel realistically being able to beat Robbie.
Or Sam beat Tory.
Now, yes, we have to suspend reality for some of these plot holes and the lawlessness you already mentioned, but the core of the show is what is drawing the viewers in. That's why I predict all four wind up on the same team.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was I the only one who picked up on the clues they dropped that Tory is Kreese’s granddaughter?

She will be the bridge to Kreese’s redemption. I suspect we find out that Tory loves Koalas and Kreese will end up opening Koala Kai for her.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My whole post is basically spoilers so if you haven't seen ALL of S3... so be warned

AMAZING S3. Was so great to see the KK2 cast again and I really found Reese's story growing up fascinating. It made me sympathize with his character more in general given how traumatic everything was when he joined the military. Like what that must've done to his mind... Jesus. I did feel some parts dragged (like Danial/daughter scared/boat scene) but overall it was great. ANY scene with Johnny/Daniel/Kreese just flat out steal the show.

Other points
Miguel's recovery was handled really well. I was afraid they were going to sap it, he was going to 'will himself' with some Karate technique, or just have a giant drawn out drama fest, but they didn't. They just got to MATTER OF FACT. Kid was injured, woke up through some connection with Johnny, couldn't walk. Had surgery. Couldn't walk still... and then the subtle foot tapping and Johnny just bringing up random stuff got him back. It was just...... NOT HOLLYWOOD. No stupid montage, no dumb drama music, etc. Just... REAL!? Can we just have more of that please?

Elisabeth Shue.... just NEVER fails to impress. Davis (RL husband) is a lucky ass guy. Her acting and personality was great, and what impressed me the most was how she united Johnny/Daniel and put them at peace. I was afraid the show was going to try and make her a homebreaker with Daniel or screw up Johnny again, but it wasn't. It brought us back to the childhood memories and she was the 'Miyagi' both really needed to make amends.

Chozen and Daniel's story arc was awesome. I loved the 'HONK' from Chozen, I have to imagine the actor was DYING to do it, but it was really cool. The whole car dealership and the executive of sales from the girl Daniel rescued in the hurricane I thought was major cheese, BUT it was short and not drawn out so I'll give it a pass.

Hawk's redemption was well done. The film built up the conflict within his character (unlike Game of Thrones) throughout the season and allowed for a very convincing character arc. It did NOT come out of nowhere.

Two other things are for certain, the two main girls got bigger.
1) Tory with the chest and sex appeal.
2) And Sam with the fat.

Yah I shouldn't blast actors for the weight, but Sam needs to drop some SERIOUS poundage. Mary Mouser is 24... TWENTY FOUR! She's going to balloon to 200 by 30 at this rate. When she couldn't handle school and Daniel caught her and she said she stopped at In'N'Out first I was like, "GOT IT!" Now I shouldn't be chastising people for weight, but EVERYONE else in S3 (both sexes) definitely were in great shape (or the SAME shape they WERE in). I think the plot twist of S4 is Sam specializes in Sumo.

Last edited:

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My whole post is basically spoilers so if you haven't seen ALL of S3... so be warned

AMAZING S3. Was so great to see the KK2 cast again and I really found Reese's story growing up fascinating. It made me sympathize with his character more in general given how traumatic everything was when he joined the military. Like what that must've done to his mind... Jesus. I did feel some parts dragged (like Danial/daughter scared/boat scene) but overall it was great. ANY scene with Johnny/Daniel/Kreese just flat out steal the show.

Other points
Miguel's recovery was handled really well. I was afraid they were going to sap it, he was going to 'will himself' with some Karate technique, or just have a giant drawn out drama fest, but they didn't. They just got to MATTER OF FACT. Kid was injured, woke up through some connection with Johnny, couldn't walk. Had surgery. Couldn't walk still... and then the subtle foot tapping and Johnny just bringing up random stuff got him back. It was just...... NOT HOLLYWOOD. No stupid montage, no dumb drama music, etc. Just... REAL!? Can we just have more of that please?

Elisabeth Shue.... just NEVER fails to impress. Davis (RL husband) is a lucky ass guy. Her acting and personality was great, and what impressed me the most was how she united Johnny/Daniel and put them at peace. I was afraid the show was going to try and make her a homebreaker with Daniel or screw up Johnny again, but it wasn't. It brought us back to the childhood memories and she was the 'Miyagi' both really needed to make amends.

Chozen and Daniel's story arc was awesome. I loved the 'HONK' from Chozen, I have to imagine the actor was DYING to do it, but it was really cool. The whole car dealership and the executive of sales from the girl Daniel rescued in the hurricane I thought was major cheese, BUT it was short and not drawn out so I'll give it a pass.

Hawk's redemption was well done. The film built up the conflict within his character (unlike Game of Thrones) throughout the season and allowed for a very convincing character arc. It did NOT come out of nowhere.

Two other things are for certain, the two main girls got bigger.
1) Tory with the chest and sex appeal.
2) And Sam with the fat.

Yah I shouldn't know actors for the weight, but Sam needs to drop some SERIOUS poundage. Mary Mouser is 24... TWENTY FOUR! She's going to balloon to 200 by 30 at this rate. When she couldn't handle school and Daniel caught her and she said she stopped and In'N'Out first I was like, "GOT IT!" Now I shouldn't be chastising people for weight, but EVERYONE else in S3 (both sexes) definitely were in great shape. I think the plot twist of S4 is Sam specializes in Sumo.
I was going to say that Sam is astonishingly unathletic to be a karate winner, but Daniel-san wasn't exactly a physical specimen.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say that Sam is astonishingly unathletic to be a karate winner, but Daniel-san wasn't exactly a physical specimen.

Well by KK3 Daniel was definitely not there, but KK1/KK2 he was doing okay. He might've looked a little skinny, but that doesn't mean that you don't have muscles and moves/agility is FAR easier to execute without the giant FAT train Mary is riding.

I was rooting for Tory.... I know why Kreese went back to recruit her. That's a sex bomb magnet for male testosterone to epic proportions right there.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well by KK3 Daniel was definitely not there, but KK1/KK2 he was doing okay. He might've looked a little skinny, but that doesn't mean that you don't have muscles and moves/agility is FAR easier to execute without the giant FAT train Mary is riding.

I was rooting for Tory.... I know why Kreese went back to recruit her. That's a sex bomb magnet for male testosterone to epic proportions right there.

I mean she was also one of his top fighters

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean she was also one of his top fighters

Well no shit. She'd kick my ass because I'd be too busy dropping my pants and snapping pictures of her.

Apparently in real life Peyton List was told to stay away from buildings on fire because the fire hose would drain too fast.

1609983661264.png

Mannyrules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just do not see Miguel realistically being able to beat Robbie.
Or Sam beat Tory
Right, but the magic of Karate Kid was that it was unrealistic for Daniel-san to beat Johnny Lawrence.

I'm embarrassed how much I love this Cobra Kai show.