• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching search update

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries, we've already got a guy who doesn't know jack about personnel. We'd bring Holmgren in to coach. He did fairly well at that. 3 Super Bowls with 2 different teams ain't shabby. As much as you've clamored for a head coach who can help Stafford, I'm shocked that the guy who coached Favre to success doesn't appeal to you.

He botched his career in Cleveland where he demanded all the power and failed. Probably wouldn't want to coach, and I wouldn't want him. Game has passed him by.

I don't think Stafford is like Favre at all. Both have strong arms. Both play(ed) on North. After that I don't see it.

Apparently Mayhew good enough w personal to lure a guy like Wis because we're built to win now. Hope it's all true! :hope:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He botched his career in Cleveland where he demanded all the power and failed. Probably wouldn't want to coach, and I wouldn't want him. Game has passed him by.

I don't think Stafford is like Favre at all. Both have strong arms. Both play(ed) on North. After that I don't see it.

Staff went to college in the south, Favre went to college in the south.......So they have that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah,.....Favre never got hurt. And didn't have a losing season until he was 36.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently Mayhew good enough w personal to lure a guy like Wis because we're built to win now. Hope it's all true! :hope:

I don't buy the "game has passed him by" cliche when it comes to older coaches coming back after years. Dick Vermeil won a Super Bowl with the Rams after being out of coaching for 15 years. Joe Gibbs took that wreck of a franchise to the playoffs twice after being out of the game for 12 years. I don't see how anything has necessarily passed Holmgren by in the 5 years he's been out of coaching.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy the "game has passed him by" cliche when it comes to older coaches coming back after years. Dick Vermeil won a Super Bowl with the Rams after being out of coaching for 15 years. Joe Gibbs took that wreck of a franchise to the playoffs twice after being out of the game for 12 years. I don't see how anything has necessarily passed Holmgren by in the 5 years he's been out of coaching.

Well he's not a serious candidate so not sure what else to say. Maybe Marv Levy can be is OC if he becomes one.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's not a serious candidate so not sure what else to say. Maybe Marv Levy can be is OC if he becomes one.

If only Marv Levy had been here the last 5 years!

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a while since I have been here. Felt a need to get this off my chest today.....

I was on the Whisenhunt bandwagon for a while now. I love the success he has had every where he has gone. Then I watched the playoff game today to get a glimpse of his kind of scheme. To be honest, now I am worried.

My problem with Schwartz for over two years now (other than the obvious fact he just sucks) has been his schemes. I hate the single back scheme. I hate going to the empty back field so often. I hate that we dont use a lead blocker. I hate that we dont seem to go down field with the pass very often. When we do it seems to be obvious on 3rd and long or in the last few minutes. Watching the Chargers today, I felt like I was watching the Lions offense. Other than the three or four times I saw a lead blocker, I saw a lot of single back sets and even empty back fields. I saw a short pass game.

There is no doubt he will run these schemes better than Schwartz and Linehan did, but I just dont want that offensive scheme in Detroit anymore. I am not saying I think he is a bad choice so much as I am just saying I am not so high on him now. Caldwell is now a bit higher on my totem pole.

Something I just read on Caldwell made me like him even more. It is said that he has a photographic memory and when recruiting as a college coach, he actually memorized 6 different directions they could go depending how everything went. Where people said Schwartz was intelligent for no other reason than he could talk well, Caldwell actually is supposed to be very intelligent.

I think we will end up with Whiz, but a part of me isnt so high on that now. I think I would rather have Caldwell.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both 2 TT's at the end of first name. That alone means they are one in the same.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Noll is still breathing. Fuck let's get a interview lined up.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with Schwartz for over two years now (other than the obvious fact he just sucks) has been his schemes. I hate the single back scheme. I hate going to the empty back field so often. I hate that we dont use a lead blocker. I hate that we dont seem to go down field with the pass very often.

Something I just read on Caldwell made me like him even more. It is said that he has a photographic memory and when recruiting as a college coach, he actually memorized 6 different directions they could go depending how everything went. Where people said Schwartz was intelligent for no other reason than he could talk well, Caldwell actually is supposed to be very intelligent.

I think we will end up with Whiz, but a part of me isnt so high on that now. I think I would rather have Caldwell.

Here is something on Caldwell. You might not want him no more. He ran a lead blocker 10.3%. I am sure with Ray Rice having his lowest YPC this year. This will be reason why in your mind. You must not of watched much Ravens games??? Rice also sucked out of backfield on passes. Ranked as least elusive RB this year by Profootballfocus.

Caldwell is noted as phasing out Leach as year went on.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3078/vonta-leach

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I walked to school in the snow 2 miles, uphill both ways!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relocating to Razorback land in spring/summer time. Won't become a fan though. Don' tell me you cheered for Phillip Fatass Fulmer???

I would never wear that burnt orange T ..........But winters in TN are much better then in MI.....

Has WCF died yet? Still waiting for a change from the Same Ole Lions.....

Take the head off the dragon........