• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching search update

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell either had one of the worst seasons this side of Marinelli or he allowed his team to tank. Either way I don't want him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Lovie's gone: Whisenhunt, Dungy, Stoops, Shaw, Horton, Kubiak, Zimmer, Gunns, Rob Ryan but I really wish the Giants had more turmoil so Caughlin was available. That's my short list in semi-order.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Lovie's gone: Whisenhunt, Dungy, Stoops, Shaw, Horton, Kubiak, Zimmer, Gunns, Rob Ryan but I really wish the Giants had more turmoil so Caughlin was available. That's my short list in semi-order.

So you want a guy that was so bad that Arizona had to fire him after they made the super bowl, an out of touch of man that never had any success outside of Peyton manning making him look good, a college coach with zero nfl experience that was almost fired a few times and isn't innovative in either side of the ball, wait Kubiak? You want the less offensive yet more underachieving Jim Schwartz? Several DCs that have had very short term success and would have a hard time utilizing our current strengths? Rob Ryan isn't even a good DC. Coughlin is an old man riding his past success. Way post his prime and will never be able to repost what he did in New York.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they break down Stafford in the interview? Or where did Caldwell break these plays and mechanics down? Just curious. But that sounds like the interview went well.

Caldwell looked over all the passing plays on his own time before the interview and I guess they talked during the interview about some of the issues he saw in his footwork and mechanics, while talking about drills he could implement to correct those issues.

Obviously -- this is all hearsay, but it was what either free press or news was reporting over here.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the interview is secondary. As long as their guy doesn't implode in the interview. Plus I doubt Mayhew, Lewan or even Stafford would say that Caldwell's interview didn't go very well.

Plus Mayhew has to keep the Diversity committee happy and think the job search is not a done deal sham.

Whisenhut has had success. He has a ring and took another to the SB. If the Lions are looking for an Andy Reid type to turn a franchise into a playoff team quickly he is the best candidate. Long term I think a D-Doordinator like Quinn, Bowles, Zimmer would be better.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quakerjacked,

The Lions simply have to choose one guy even though most of them have question marks. Right now, I'm most comfortable with Wiz, I guess. Im more concerned with the schemes that will be implemented and has the WHOLE organization identified what they need to do to be successful.

No more excuses.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be happy with a lot of the guys i just lambasted. I was trying to make the point that we are either getting someone who did a bad job and got fired or is an unproven commodity.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want a guy that was so bad that Arizona had to fire him after they made the super bowl, an out of touch of man that never had any success outside of Peyton manning making him look good, a college coach with zero nfl experience that was almost fired a few times and isn't innovative in either side of the ball, wait Kubiak? You want the less offensive yet more underachieving Jim Schwartz? Several DCs that have had very short term success and would have a hard time utilizing our current strengths? Rob Ryan isn't even a good DC. Coughlin is an old man riding his past success. Way post his prime and will never be able to repost what he did in New York.

K

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell looked over all the passing plays on his own time before the interview and I guess they talked during the interview about some of the issues he saw in his footwork and mechanics, while talking about drills he could implement to correct those issues.

Obviously -- this is all hearsay, but it was what either free press or news was reporting over here.

I read online that Stafford was there during that part of the interview. The two of them reviewed film together. If that is true, even if we dont hire Caldwell hopefully something Stafford heard will help in the future.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Brian Billick?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So at least 2 more weeks until we can hire Wisenhunt. Let's just hope Brady can stop SD so we don't have to wait until next year to officially bring him aboard.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Holmgren. Get his ass off the couch.

Because we need him to kill our franchise too. No thanks. Once a great HC, game passed him by and he doesn't know jack about personal.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So at least 2 more weeks until we can hire Wisenhunt. Let's just hope Brady can stop SD so we don't have to wait until next year to officially bring him aboard.

But if SD keeps winning it should confirm Wisenhut knows how to coach and would make him even more credible as the Lions next HC....I'm rooting for him so if the Lions get him It was probably the best hire.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if SD keeps winning it should confirm Wisenhut knows how to coach and would make him even more credible as the Lions next HC....I'm rooting for him so if the Lions get him It was probably the best hire.

I think it's officially done behind the scenes already. Simply too much buzz from too many big name media nerds not to be true. He called a beautiful game today. Stuck to the run and kept the ball away from the Bengal O. Helped that Opie is a terrible QB when he isn't playing the Lions.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we need him to kill our franchise too. No thanks. Once a great HC, game passed him by and he doesn't know jack about personal.

No worries, we've already got a guy who doesn't know jack about personnel. We'd bring Holmgren in to coach. He did fairly well at that. 3 Super Bowls with 2 different teams ain't shabby. As much as you've clamored for a head coach who can help Stafford, I'm shocked that the guy who coached Favre to success doesn't appeal to you.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super, should see Wisenhut announced no later then Jan 13.....Unless ofcourse there is a playoff HC that's still playing that wants to come to Detroit, but I don't see that.