• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching News From Around the League

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brian Costello:

Source confirms that Dennis Thurman is the new defensive coordinator, as Rex hinted at in press conference. #nyj

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Albert Breer: Arizona VP of player personnel Steve Keim has entered into negotiations to become the Cardinals' next GM. Also a finalist in Jacksonville.

Dang! This means Arizona keeps one of the more impressive personnel men in the league, David Caldwell is the favorite in Jacksonville, and that Greg Roman is reportedly his favorite for the head coaching spot there if they fire Mularkey, which many believe is likely.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Albert Breer: Arizona VP of player personnel Steve Keim has entered into negotiations to become the Cardinals' next GM. Also a finalist in Jacksonville.

Dang! This means Arizona keeps one of the more impressive personnel men in the league, David Caldwell is the favorite in Jacksonville, and that Greg Roman is reportedly his favorite for the head coaching spot there if they fire Mularkey, which many believe is likely.

Adam Schefter: Falcons director of player personnel Dave Caldwell is scheduled to interview today a second time with the NY Jets for their GM job.

I wonder what the chances of Roman and Gamble staying would be if he goes to NY instead of JAC? Gamble is still up for other jobs and may be gone either way, but this gives some hope I assume?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sean Jensen:

#Bears GM Phil Emery interviewed special teams coordinator Dave Toub for the head coaching vacancy Monday, according to a league source.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This move was just made official.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cam Inman:

49ers Greg Roman on if he's been contacted for coach openings: "I’m not going to talk about any of that stuff. I’m focused on the Packers"

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Inside the Panthers

Panthers fire RB coach John Settle
Head coach Ron Rivera is staying with the Panthers, but at least one of his assistant coaches is leaving.

Running backs coach John Settle has been relieved of his duties, a league source said Tuesday.

The departure comes three days after Panthers owner Jerry Richardson met with Rivera and decided to retain him for a third season.

Rivera fired special teams coordinator Brian Murphy during the season and promoted assistant special teams coach Richard Rodgers. Offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski and defensive coordinator Sean McDermott will be remain in their current roles, sources said.

But there likely will be additional staff changes following the Panthers' 7-9 season – their fourth in a row without a playoff berth.

Settle was part of Rivera's inaugural staff, hired shortly after Rivera succeeded John Fox in January 2011. He is believed to have a year remaining on his contract.

Settle, a Reidsville native and former Appalachian State and NFL running back, coached at Wisconsin before coming to Charlotte. His only previous NFL coaching experience was a 3-year stint with Cleveland that saw him move with the Browns to Baltimore in 1996.

Despite franchise rushing leader DeAngelo Williams getting benched and Jonathan Stewart missing seven games with ankle injuries in 2012, the Panthers finished ninth in the league in rushing with 130.5 yards a game. Of the eight teams ranked higher than Carolina in rushing, six made the playoffs.

--Joseph Person

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

As long expected, Cards have promoted Steve Keim to GM. Keim interviewed for other jobs. SD strongly considering promoting from within too

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cam Inman:

49ers Greg Roman on if he's been contacted for coach openings: "I’m not going to talk about any of that stuff. I’m focused on the Packers"

Adam Schefter: Falcons director of player personnel Dave Caldwell is scheduled to interview today a second time with the NY Jets for their GM job.

I wonder what the chances of Roman and Gamble staying would be if he goes to NY instead of JAC? Gamble is still up for other jobs and may be gone either way, but this gives some hope I assume?

Michael Silver:

Dave Caldwell will be the Jags' next GM

To clarify: that was a strong prediction, not a report, on caldwell. Stay tuned...

-----

Eric Branch: He was college teammate/roommate of #49ers Greg Roman.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Albert Breer:

About to head to Houston. Can say this on Atlanta's Dave Caldwell -- Both Jags and Jets are confident that they can land him.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michael Silver:

Dave Caldwell will be the Jags' next GM

To clarify: that was a strong prediction, not a report, on caldwell. Stay tuned...

-----

Eric Branch: He was college teammate/roommate of #49ers Greg Roman.

Albert Breer:

About to head to Houston. Can say this on Atlanta's Dave Caldwell -- Both Jags and Jets are confident that they can land him.

Arrrrrgh!

Jay Glazer: Jacksonville has tabbed Dave Caldwell as their new GM, the two sides are trying to work out a contract

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Arrrrrgh!

Jay Glazer: Jacksonville has tabbed Dave Caldwell as their new GM, the two sides are trying to work out a contract

Jay Glazer: Caldwell has already informed the Jets he's pulled his name out of their search as he is negotiating w Jaguars after they tabbed him

Albert Breer: Expect Caldwell to consider 49ers OC Greg Roman, if the Jags fire Mularkey. Plane's taking off now ... See you guys in a few.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rich Cimini: It means #Jets are down to Tom Gamble, Marc Ross and Scott Cohen. Or they could expand the field.

Take Cohen! Ross would be a fantastic choice. Although, it's probably unrealistic to think that Ross would ever be around long enough if the 49ers needed somebody so maybe it would be good if NY hired him. I can't stand NE!

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

Green Bay personnel man John Dorsey interviewing for the Chiefs GM job today. Been considered the likely choice since Andy Reid got there

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

The Chargers expect to name their new GM tomorrow, with their longtime exec Jimmy Raye and Tom Telesco (IND) in the mix

Things remain on track for Jags to name Dave Caldwell their new GM. as I've been reporting, Greg Roman could be their next coach ...

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

Jags very likely to announce they are parting way with coach Mike Mularkey this week, with the GM search over. Still hear Greg Roman