• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching movement

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steichen just announced as Colts new coach. That’s a loss for sure. I’m hoping the Cardinals take Gannon. I’ve seen enough. Guy doesn’t adjust.
Wow, that was quick. He was the one you pretty much knew you were going to lose

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that was quick. He was the one you pretty much knew you were going to lose
Because he’s great! Birds were on a 23-8 run with him calling plays.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Panthers hired former Lions and Colts head coach Jim Caldwell as a senior assistant coach.​

Caldwell, 68, will join Frank Reich's staff as the Panthers look to rebuild in 2023 and beyond. He interviewed for Carolina's head coaching job last month, and coached with Reich in Indianapolis in the early 2000s. With a long resume on the offensive side of the ball, Caldwell should help Reich rejuvenate a Carolina offense that has struggled mightily without a reliable quarterback under center. Caldwell could have a hand in developing a young quarterback if the team drafts a signal caller in the 2023 draft. His background includes QB coaching jobs at Penn State, Tampa Bay, and Baltimore.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steichen just announced as Colts new coach. That’s a loss for sure. I’m hoping the Cardinals take Gannon. I’ve seen enough. Guy doesn’t adjust.
They will. I wanted Lou. Hope he works out in a HC role. I hear he is a big culture and accountability guy. Which is the exact opposite of Kliff.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will. I wanted Lou. Hope he works out in a HC role. I hear he is a big culture and accountability guy. Which is the exact opposite of Kliff.
Everything hinges on Murray
Things have always been kinda easy with the quickness, speed combo. Adversity can be telling.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go dawgs

Ravens hired Georgia offensive coordinator Todd Monken as the team's offensive coordinator.​

Monken beat out a few viable candidates, including Seahawks QB coach Dave Canales, to take over an offense coached by Greg Roman for the past four years. Monken also interviewed for Tampa's OC job, which became far less desirable after Tom Brady's retirement. Monken has rehabbed his reputation with back-to-back titles for Georgia after leaving the Browns in 2019. Cleveland was 21st in EPA per play in 2019 with Baker Mayfield at the helm. Monken's Bulldogs offense in 2022 ranked 13th in EPA per play among FBS teams. It remains to be seen whether Monken will coach Lamar Jackson, a free agent who wants a fully guaranteed contract similar to the one Deshaun Watson landed in 2022. Monken's hiring could mean the Ravens will move away from the run-heavy approach deployed by Roman.:suds:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gannon and the Cards working out a deal. The Nick Sirianni tree has begun with Steichen to the Colts and Gannon to the Cards.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou would have been a great hire. Can't say enough about the job he's done in the locker-room with these guys. He's a fantastic coach, and a willing adjuster. He's constantly coming up with things outside of the box.

I'm sad for him that he didn't get a shot, but I'm stoked that he's here at least another year...Of all the guys getting interviews from the Bengals' staff, he's the one I would be most worried about losing in terms of drop-off from coaching/leadership standpoint.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cardinals hired Eagles DC Jonathan Gannon as their head coach.​

Return of Gannon. After telling reporters following the NFC Championship game that he'd be back in Philadelphia, late-charging interest from the Cardinals after the Super Bowl lands him in the desert. We'll have to see who the Cardinals hook on with as an offensive coordinator before we can understand the fantasy impact on Arizona's best players, but this looks likely to be a mulligan year with Kyler Murray coming back from a late-season ACL tear. The Cardinals not feeling strongly enough about Murray to tie in someone who would specifically be about getting him back to square one is interesting. Gannon coordinated the Eagles defense for the last two seasons and oversaw major improvement in 2022 (yes, even if the Super Bowl wasn't pretty) -- the Cardinals defense was extremely aggressive last year and Gannon could bring some upheaval in 2023.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Commanders will interview Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy for the same position on Thursday.​

The long-awaited interview between Bieniemy and Ron Rivera has finally been locked in. The Commanders have been vocal about their desire to speak to the two-time Super Bowl-winning offensive coordinator and now have their chance to do so. The union between Bieniemy and Rivera would be an interesting one should it come to fruition, as Bieniemy has orchestrated one of the more pass-heavy offenses in the league with Patrick Mahomes, while Rivera is on record as wanting a 2-to-1 run to pass ratio in 2023. While a pass-heavy offense is much easier to run with a two-time MVP in Mahomes, it's hard to imagine Bieniemy buying into a stone-age style of football after five years of success with the Chiefs. A potential front-runner to land the Commanders' offensive coordinator role, there are legitimate questions about how these two coaches could mesh philosophically.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'm defending anybody. Just posting a vid of the new coach meeting Kyler.

Kliff and Keim were the scapegoats. Now it's time to put up or shut up.
I guess I was reacting to this part of the tweet:

"What angle are the Kyler haters going to take with this one?"

It's not 'hating' to wonder about him, but to be fair that's not your words.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I was reacting to this part of the tweet:

"What angle are the Kyler haters going to take with this one?"

It's not 'hating' to wonder about him, but to be fair that's not your words.
I didn't even pay attention to the words. You bet your ass I wonder about him. Durability, height, leadership, etc., are all legit questions. As I said, it's put up or shut up.

To be honest, Kyler does get a ton of hate. The dude gets shit on more than Trump.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even pay attention to the words. You bet your ass I wonder about him. Durability, height, leadership, etc., are all legit questions. As I said, it's put up or shut up.

To be honest, Kyler does get a ton of hate. The dude gets shit on more than Trump.
And like Trump he brings most of it on himself