• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Interviews begin

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron Scott seems to think he all but has the Lakers' HC job wrapped up. I doubt the Lakers are close to making a decision and I'm not all that sure Scott will get the job.

Right before the Draft we should have a better idea which direction the Lakers will take. I don't really care who the coach is as long as he can implement a system that compliments the roster and stresses Defense.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I warming up to Hollins. He brings a strong emphasis on defense, he has championship experience in his background, he develops young players, and we have a bunch of burgeoning three-point sharp shooters including Meeks, Farmar, Bazemore, Swaggy, Ryan Kelly, and Henry thta I know he would really gel into a team. I see Hollins taking this bunch along with Kobe (if he hangs around) and putting together a pretty solid, competitive team. But we shall see.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I warming up to Hollins. He brings a strong emphasis on defense, he has championship experience in his background, he develops young players, and we have a bunch of burgeoning three-point sharp shooters including Meeks, Farmar, Bazemore, Swaggy, Ryan Kelly, and Henry thta I know he would really gel into a team. I see Hollins taking this bunch along with Kobe (if he hangs around) and putting together a pretty solid, competitive team. But we shall see.

No we don't. I don't see the majority of those guys coming back next year.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: I believe most of them will be gone also, except for Farmar, Young, Bazemore. I see us hopefully getting Ariza back at the SF spot. I'm pretty sure he would take a discount to comeback IMO.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the hell Shaqdaddy. We were third this past season behind San Antonio and Dallas as a team in 3-point shooting percentage. Farmar was sixth in the league among individual players. I'd say that was one of the bright spots of the year and those threes came from somebody. You don't see the majority of those guys returning? With all of that three-point shooting, why would we go after other people we don't know so much about? We have to learn to play defense and get a few more pieces and I see a guy like Hollins doing that with this team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell Shaqdaddy. We were third this past season behind San Antonio and Dallas as a team in 3-point shooting percentage. Farmar was sixth in the league among individual players. I'd say that was one of the bright spots of the year and those threes came from somebody. You don't see the majority of those guys returning? With all of that three-point shooting, why would we go after other people we don't know so much about? We have to learn to play defense and get a few more pieces and I see a guy like Hollins doing that with this team.

The team is in major rebuild mode. That means cutting loose a lot of regulars from last years team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. There are a lot of rosters spots to fill.

Meeks and Young are definite keepers IMO. Plus I believe both have expressed interests in staying in LA.

As much as I like Farmar, if the Lakers draft Smart I don't see the Lakers having 4 PGs.

Everyone else is easily replaceable though.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I think the Lakers are going after a forward such as Voneleh if he is there. I think they have plenty of point guards with Farmar and Bazemore along with Swaggy, Kobe, and Meeks.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meeks and Young are definite keepers IMO. Plus I believe both have expressed interests in staying in LA.

As much as I like Farmar, if the Lakers draft Smart I don't see the Lakers having 4 PGs.

Everyone else is easily replaceable though.

I can see them carrying 4 PGs, especially with the injury likelihood of Nash and the shittiness of Marshall. Farmar should be kept.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I think the Lakers are going after a forward such as Voneleh if he is there. I think they have plenty of point guards with Farmar and Bazemore along with Swaggy, Kobe, and Meeks.

No doubt about Vonleh. Questionable that he'll be there though.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: But , I think Meeks will be gone though, hopefully not.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see them carrying 4 PGs, especially with the injury likelihood of Nash and the shittiness of Marshall. Farmar should be kept.

:scratch:

Gotta respectfully disagree here lakersrule. The only REAL thing he isn't consistent with was his shooting. Not great athletically. Otherwise, a TRUE PG. Great court vision, has experience with pushing the ball up the floor, uptempo style type of ball.

Shittiness is definitely NOT the word I'd use for Marshall. I really believe with a good PG, he's a good backup.

I really don't want Smart on this team. Gonna need a guy like Randle or Vonleh.

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't shoot. He can't defend. He's a cheap b/u PG at best. Farmar is a much better PG.

I don't really want Smart either. I think I'd lean toward Smart over Randle though. I worry about Randle's size at the PF position. He gets compared to ZBo, but ZBo has long arms. Randle doesn't. He's going to struggle against the length in the NBA.

Vonleh is who I like in that 5-8 tier. I just don't think he falls to #7.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't shoot. He can't defend. He's a cheap b/u PG at best. Farmar is a much better PG.

I don't really want Smart either. I think I'd lean toward Smart over Randle though. I worry about Randle's size at the PF position. He gets compared to ZBo, but ZBo has long arms. Randle doesn't. He's going to struggle against the length in the NBA.

Randle has long arm's, his wingspan is that of a 7 footer. He he will be fine, his only 19 & men stop growing until their 21. So expected a couple of more inches in height & length by the time his 21, not to mention his already strong & will only get stronger in the NBA. What I really like about him, is his attitude & character, he seems pretty smart & passionate, wich is what the Lakers need. His not the type of guy that's going to cause problems on the court or off the court.

Julius Randle 2013 Scouting Video - YouTube

GO LAKERS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His 6'11" wingspan is short compared to the length that will match up with him in the pros. ZBo has more length. Randle's wingspan is comparable to Blake Griffin's. Griffin has significantly more athleticism than Randle though. You are right though, at 19 he can still grow a little more.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a bad shooter, just not very consistent. I'm a little biased though, I'm a Tarheel fan. :whistle:

But yeah, I'd have to agree, Farmar would be a better option.

On the draft, I've heard IF Vonleh falls to 7, the Lakers will take him. I can't remember where I heard that though. :noidea:

My worry is the same as yours on Randle. His size may limit him in the post. I also read somewhere that he doesn't play great defense?! In games I've seen, he plays DEF just fine.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad shooter, just not very consistent. I'm a little biased though, I'm a Tarheel fan. :whistle:

But yeah, I'd have to agree, Farmar would be a better option.

On the draft, I've heard IF Vonleh falls to 7, the Lakers will take him. I can't remember where I heard that though. :noidea:

My worry is the same as yours on Randle. His size may limit him in the post. I also read somewhere that he doesn't play great defense?! In games I've seen, he plays DEF just fine.

I've said all along, I'd like to see the Lakers keep Marshall as a backup. He has the court vision and awareness of a starter, but his lack of speed and quickness makes him a backup.

I don't worry too much about his shooting. He's young and will develop consistency with practice.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall vs Farmar is minimal, imo. They are both backups. Serviceable backups, but backups.

1) Wish we could trade and package for Love. I know that won't happen though b/c 7 for 13 is not enough;

2) Vonleh looks to be the next best option;

3) After that I would actually go with Smart. He has the physical tools to be a franchise PG. I know the jury is still out on him, but he has the tools in a position of great need for us.

4) If 1-3 doesn't work - move back in the draft and acquire more picks.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said all along, I'd like to see the Lakers keep Marshall as a backup. He has the court vision and awareness of a starter, but his lack of speed and quickness makes him a backup.

I don't worry too much about his shooting. He's young and will develop consistency with practice.

Oh, I agree. I guess if push were to come to shove, I think Farmar is a better overall player. But Marshall isn't THAT far behind and he'll be cheaper. I like his vision and instinct better.