• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Interviews begin

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you don't understand. I don't have to "believe" it. I've seen it happen. It's a matter of fact, not opinion. We're all Lakers fans here. Did you not watch any of the 5 championships in the 00s? Who was their "stud"? They didn't have one. They had Fisher. He's an average NBA player. If you don't see that, then the only other explanation is you have a very generous grade on PG skills.

well, the NEED for a great PG was reduced because we were using the Triangle offense at the time, an offense predicated on ball movement...

obviously we won't be using that again anytime soon...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you don't understand. I don't have to "believe" it. I've seen it happen. It's a matter of fact, not opinion. We're all Lakers fans here. Did you not watch any of the 5 championships in the 00s? Who was their "stud"? They didn't have one. They had Fisher. He's an average NBA player. If you don't see that, then the only other explanation is you have a very generous grade on PG skills.

I considered Fisher an above average point guard. Moreover, we ran the triangle like a previous person said, it does not require a superstar point guard. Turk, do you think the Spurs would win with our guards instead of Parker?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on D-Fish is that he was an average to slightly above average point guard with a knack for being great in big games/moments. His greatest assets were his basketball i.q. and his ability to remain calm in tense situations.

I can't be the only Lakers fan who found myself yelling at Phil to get him out of the game only to end up being glad Phil didn't listen when he made some great play at a key moment. :lol:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on D-Fish is that he was an average to slightly above average point guard with a knack for being great in big games/moments. His greatest assets were his basketball i.q. and his ability to remain calm in tense situations.

I can't be the only Lakers fan who found myself yelling at Phil to get him out of the game only to end up being glad Phil didn't listen when he made some great play at a key moment. :lol:

I :agree: I too wanted him out of the game sometimes, but thank God Phil did not listen.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, the NEED for a great PG was reduced because we were using the Triangle offense at the time, an offense predicated on ball movement...

obviously we won't be using that again anytime soon...

Doesn't matter if it was the triangle. The point still stands that you don't need one. The Heat just won 2 in a row with Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole. The proof is right there for anyone to see. It's just a matter if they choose to accept it or not.

And tom, considering Patty Mills has filled in for Parker and the Spurs haven't missed a beat, I have full confidence that Greg Popovich could find a way