• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Interviews begin

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beginning to warm-up to Hollins. I think he would bring the offensive and the defensive skills coaching and the experience of playoffs and a championship mentality to the job. He has had some raw deals but is more solid than Scott's experience which TJF12 you have chronicled already numerous times in other threads.

what? now no one wants Byron...j/k...

Hollins would be ok i guess. don't know if there's a better fit, though...

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Hollins guy's. Remember this next coach will have to be somebody that will be here for a while. I don't believe Lakers management wants to be changing coaches every two year's. So it's gotta be somebody where they know that's going to be the guy going foward in the next 4-5 years IMO.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey LALakersboy. Looks like you ran into some heated Phillies' fan when you went over to that board. Lots of f-bombs I see. What started that fray?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey LALakersboy. Looks like you ran into some heated Phillies' fan when you went over to that board. Lots of f-bombs I see. What started that fray?

Hey Retroram52 I came in there to thank you guys for being classy towards Beckette for the no hitter & some guy told me Fuck you. So I said hell no I'm going to defend myself & that's how it started, I never went over there to troll & this idiot wanted to go at it with me & I had to put him in his place bro.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/4980599-post40.html

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/4980642-post41.html

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/4980658-post42.html

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/4980673-post43.html

So tell me who started it ?

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hollins, Scott, or D Fish Id be happy with. Lakers need to do whatever they can to get Exum.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got me on that last question. I am not sure what set that dude off but it is obvious he got ticked at something. I thought your post was harmless enough but you never know what folks are doing behind their keyboard. If you want to defend yourself, you have that right obviously. I know you from this board since I seldom frequent the Dodgers' board and I know you don't troll. Shoot you, CL67, and TJF12 have done battle with some serious trolling over on the Heat pages. So if anybody would know trolling it would be you and I know you don't troll. lol. At any rate, I am puzzled.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Malibu. I think Exum may force the issue by being willing to sit out a year just to play for the Lakers but we will see just how much he is going to stick to that edict when the potential for those big bucks start flowing. I like Voneleh as well if Exum doesn't fall to us.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hollins, Scott, or D Fish Id be happy with. Lakers need to do whatever they can to get Exum.

That's going to be very hard to get that kid, all thanks to Dumbtoni winning us games to fall back in the lottery. :L

Let's just hope we don't get Smart on this team, keep the nuckle head thugs, away from here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beginning to warm-up to Hollins. I think he would bring the offensive and the defensive skills coaching and the experience of playoffs and a championship mentality to the job. He has had some raw deals but is more solid than Scott's experience which TJF12 you have chronicled already numerous times in other threads.

I've wondered why there hasn't been more interest in Hollins. The guy has proven himself to be a very good coach and Memphis letting him go was a bigger head scratcher than the Warriors letting Mark Jackson go.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's going to be very hard to get that kid, all thanks to Dumbtoni winning us games to fall back in the lottery. :L

Let's just hope we don't get Smart on this team, keep the nuckle head thugs, away from here.

Indeed. We already have one knucklehead in Nick Young. As I believe its Barkley that said it first "You can survive with one knucklehead. But not two. Because then they have someone to hang out with and cause trouble".

And TF12, I believe the lack of interest in Hollins so far is mostly due to philosophy. He doesn't believe much in advanced analytics which was the main reason Memphis let him go. The majority of teams in the league now have front offices that want to use them so if Hollins is still letting people know he won't use them much, I doubt many teams would bother hire him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louie26, Mark Jackson signed a three-year deal to be a booth guy for TBS I believe. I don't know if he has a waiver to be let out of his contract to coach again? I think he is basically tied up like B. Shaw is with Denver and Thibodeau is witht he Bulls.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louie26, Mark Jackson signed a three-year deal to be a booth guy for TBS I believe. I don't know if he has a waiver to be let out of his contract to coach again? I think he is basically tied up like B. Shaw is with Denver and Thibodeau is witht he Bulls.

Gotcha! :suds:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Rambis and Gentry will be getting interviews as well. Not a fan of either as head coach (obviously love Rambis the player).

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart was a no show against top competition. He has a very inconsistant jump shot. Don't want him. He may be a bust. He is not a point guard.

That is a problem. His jumper is not good. Neither is his form. It's something that can be developed and improved when you become a full-time basketball player though. Certainly not who I'd ideally like to draft, but if Gordon and Vonleh go before and the choice is between Randle and Smart, I think I might lean towards Smart. Randle and his T-Rex arms could just as easily be a bust.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout Mark Jackson?? Not that familiar with his coaching style.

Jackson, like most coaches in the media, all have outs that allow them to return to coaching. ESPN has said they love having in the booth but will not stop him if he wants another job.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Turkey, I didn't know if Jackson had that in his contract or not so many of them do and apparently so does the contract of Mark Jackson as you have stated.