• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clutch gene

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what I also like about Kyrie over Lebron is if he gets fouled I am way more confident he'll hit his FTs in that situation.

Yeah, I think that's another thing that hurts Lebron in these discussions.

Lebron is a 74% career free throw shooter.

MJ and Kobe were both 84% free throw shooters and Kyrie is an 87% free throw shooter.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think that's another thing that hurts Lebron in these discussions.

Lebron is a 74% career free throw shooter.

MJ and Kobe were both 84% free throw shooters and Kyrie is an 87% free throw shooter.
And I haven't looked it up but I have almost no faith Lebron would hit both FTs if he needed them after getting fouled in this situation.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I haven't looked it up but I have almost no faith Lebron would hit both FTs if he needed them after getting fouled in this situation.

Yeah, it almost feels like I'd rather have him shooting a 30 foot 3 than trying to hit 2 free throws. lol

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, so did both MJ and Kobe late in their careers, especially Kobe.

I know a lot of people don't care about advanced stats, but LeBron's defensive numbers actually look better than Jordan's.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not talking about the same thing. 'Clutch' comes from 'in the clutch'. Its how you perform late in a close game where your shot means the difference between winning and losing. How do you perform in those moments?

Doesn't matter how good your team is. All teams, even stacked ones, even favored ones, have games that are very close and come down to if your guys make plays under pressure or not. Jordan did that, plenty. So did/does LeBron. Both more than Kobe.

Yeah, if it's tied or you're down with little time left in the game, nobody on the court cares which team was the better team on paper going into the game. It's really not even a real thing at that moment.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, I don't buy into the narratives, but I do understand where they come from.

There were a few with the Heat, especially that first season. But one that stands out was, I forget what game it was, @bksballer89 or @Heatles84 probably remember. But he passed to an open Udonis Haslem.

There was a lot of debate about it at the time because it was the right "basketball play", but the wrong "superstar/clutch play".

He passed to UD whom was at the top of the key for that Utah game. I remember that game because everyone said Lebron was chicken shit. But UD back in the day at that time was known for knocking down those 12-15 foot shots.....especially since he was wide open.

But yeah, in terms of now, I think only the dopiest of dopes still use that whole clutch argument against Lebron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of people don't care about advanced stats, but LeBron's defensive numbers actually look better than Jordan's.

Advanced stats are fer da gheys.

Seriously though, I didn't know that, but I can't say that I'm surprised. MJ was a great defender, but Lebron has MJ's defensive skills in a bigger, stronger body.

Because of that, Lebron can guard all 5 positions. MJ could only defend 3, maybe 4.