• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clowney 110mph in a 70?

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see, when the season started, my draft status was first round. Multi million dollar signing bonus on the horizon. I get injured, sit out practice and a game; in the process I have a media feud with my head coach and the coaching staff. I've been seen taking plays off. My draft status has declined according to Mel Kiper. How much more can I f' up my situation? I know! I'm going to drive my car at 110mph and get myself some real media exposure. Idiot.

Exactly... everyone keeps acting like since he will be 1st round so who cares, but the reality is the following:

• The difference between a #3 pick and #8 pick can be millions upon million.
  • Getting arrested for immaturity can cost your tens of millions in endorsements... as companies will quickly back off wondering what is next. This is where the big money can be made... just keep clear and start cashing endorsement checks on everything you can.
I just hope this kid gets a solid agent and financial adviser to represent him...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number one: Yawn.

Letter B: we're all speaking with the experience of hindsight. OF COURSE we all know it was stupid, but we all did the same thing when we were younger because we didn't think anything bad would happen to us at the time.

No teams will take him down on their boards because of a speeding ticket. There were no drugs/alcohol/hookers involved.

[Satire font] Finally, SC State troopers have been inflating their radar guns for decades. He was probably only doing 85, tops. They saw who it was and said, "Oh boogity, this guy's going to be able to pay the $335 fine REAL soon, let's ticket him!" [/satire font]

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't a LSU player (Chad Jones I think) get drafted by the Giants then a few days later total his car while drunk? Some of these guys are really dumb and ruin their careers before it even starts.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number one: Yawn.

Letter B: we're all speaking with the experience of hindsight. OF COURSE we all know it was stupid, but we all did the same thing when we were younger because we didn't think anything bad would happen to us at the time.

No teams will take him down on their boards because of a speeding ticket. There were no drugs/alcohol/hookers involved.

[Satire font] Finally, SC State troopers have been inflating their radar guns for decades. He was probably only doing 85, tops. They saw who it was and said, "Oh boogity, this guy's going to be able to pay the $335 fine REAL soon, let's ticket him!" [/satire font]

It's in SEC country so it just looked like he was going 110. If it was in B1G country it would be 85.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's in SEC country so it just looked like he was going 110. If it was in B1G country it would be 85.

Exactly, it's the whole "SEC Speed myth." It infects every aspect of life down South.

Those cashiers at the Bi-Lo? They're not moving that fast.

That "30-minutes or less" guarantee from Dominoes? It's actually more like 47 minutes, with no traffic...and the rural areas don't even GET a guarantee.

That "Lube while you wait?" Hopefully you've got a marathon to run in between dropping off your hyundai and picking it up.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many guys over the age of 20 on this board haven't driven at least 110 on the freeway at least once.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another question would be how face was he really driving? How many of you were pulled over and given a ticket for what you were actually driving? I have only been pulled over twice and got tickets and both times they wrote it for a lower speed than I was actually going.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just as newsworthy!

:nod:

Another question would be how face was he really driving? How many of you were pulled over and given a ticket for what you were actually driving? I have only been pulled over twice and got tickets and both times they wrote it for a lower speed than I was actually going.

OD?

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge deal. But he's a little lucky the cop didn't want to charge him with reckless driving due to how far over the speed limit he was.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently I am just an idiot.

Again, not very noteworthy.

bouncing-boobs-gifs-jiggly-titties-1.gif

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't some Oregon players get caught for speeding a couple of years ago before they took on LSU?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess would be that he was going 110. That "I'm only going to write you up for 5 over" business is for your standard 10-15 over. If they wrote him up for 110 I'd bet that's what they clocked him at.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he did the 110 and all, but he could only do it once a day, and had to sit down and relax the rest of his driving time cause he pulled something.

LSU

T-Shirt fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to live on a dangerous country road when i was a teenager. I was young dumb and I felt invincible. There were 2 places on that winding hilly dangerous road where I could get my T-Bird up to 100. I did it all the damn time and if you wanna know the truth I prefered to do it at night because I could see car lights much sooner than I could see cars in the daylight. I did it hundreds of times.

Thankfully I never killed anyone. To this day I still wonder how I didnt die. I would be mortified to have to do it once at 35 years old. I made a ton of equally poor choices as a kid and I never once wanted to die. I was just too stupid to see how close to death I was on a regular basis. I felt bulletproof and I was just some average kid. If I had been a freak of nature like Clowney there is no limit to how invincible I would have felt.

I wouldnt read too much into it, sounds like a young fella doing something stupid and reckless. Just like we all did when we were young and untouchable.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tajh probably couldn't even break the speed limit!

He did, the day before Clowney got his, but Tajh isn't a hot commodity like Clowney so no one cared. Clowney was faster though, FTR.