• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clowney 110mph in a 70?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, DT was cruisin in an ice storm....
True. You have to admit that you get paranoid when you hear a top flight talent is speeding, though. There are a lot of dumbass drivers on any highway regardless of how good of a driver you think you are. And if you're driving over 100, you're one of them.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul walker, bet they thought they could handle it too

The speed limit on the road he crashed on was 45. I couldn't find a lot of specifics about whether it was around a turn where he crashed, but there are multiple turns on the road.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed limits are set for the bottom tier of drivers, not decent ones.
Fixed. The car has something to do with it but...c'mon man

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. You have to admit that you get paranoid when you hear a top flight talent is speeding, though. There are a lot of dumbass drivers on any highway regardless of how good of a driver you think you are. And if you're driving over 100, you're one of them.

Oh yeah, going triple digits is stupid. No doubt about it. Im just not going to judge a 20 year old for something that most 20 year old/teenage males do/have done. (My '94 Beretta loved goin' fast. She begged me to push her pedal..) He was sober and wearing a seat belt. Hopefully he matures at a normal rate and doesn't grow more reckless when money comes his way. (DT had a passenger with him that walked away from the accident. Wore their seatbelt.)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he matures at a normal rate and doesn't grow more reckless when money comes his way.
The big issue. Youd hate to see Justin Blackmon problems with a guy of Clowney's talent level.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The speed limit on the road he crashed on was 45. I couldn't find a lot of specifics about whether it was around a turn where he crashed, but there are multiple turns on the road.
Whatever the speed they thought they could handle it just like the comment I replied to

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big issue. Youd hate to see Justin Blackmon problems with a guy of Clowney's talent level.

Nick Fairley too.(excessive speeding while drunk) Hell,... Mikel LeShoure got pulled over in Chicago while burnin a doob(which he ate while the cop was approaching the vehicle) when he was supposed to be in SW Michigan, IN COURT, for a hearing concerning driving under the influence. Those are just off the top of my head from the team I follow closest. If clowney goes down that path Id be concerned about his draft status. (If Clowney screws up again, Im not gonna lie, I hope he slips to Detroit a la Fairley.)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Fairley too.(excessive speeding while drunk) Hell,... Mikel LeShoure got pulled over in Chicago while burnin a doob(which he ate while the cop was approaching the vehicle) when he was supposed to be in SW Michigan, IN COURT, for a hearing concerning driving under the influence. Those are just off the top of my head from the team I follow closest. If clowney goes down that path Id be concerned about his draft status. (If Clowney screws up again, Im not gonna lie, I hope he slips to Detroit a la Fairley.)
St Louis is in the slot for the #2 draft pick. The number 2 draft pick will be Clowney. Part of me thinks theyll trade the pick. Part of me thinks theyll trade one of their DEs. Most likely, the Redskins are going to win another game or two so this is all moot but Jeff Fisher doesn't pass on character issue guys so this is all pretty fascinating to me

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed limits are set for the bottom tier of cars, not decent ones.

...and average drivers, but I am sure that you are a regular Tony Kanaan. Clowney is what, 20? Do you think he has the experience of skill to be rolling at 110 on a highway. How about all of the other drivers around him? I'm glad you went 150 in the Tercel and all but it is kind of idiotic for a 20 year old to be in triple digits on a public road, no matter the car.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St Louis is in the slot for the #2 draft pick. The number 2 draft pick will be Clowney. Part of me thinks theyll trade the pick. Part of me thinks theyll trade one of their DEs. Most likely, the Redskins are going to win another game or two so this is all moot but Jeff Fisher doesn't pass on character issue guys so this is all pretty fascinating to me

I haven't really thought much about the draft and positioning yet. (Aside from Texans fans possibly hating Schaub more had he pulled off the comeback on Thursday). But that definitely is an interesting scenario to think about.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I'd do that, but I get your point. Buddy of mind got pulled in FLA after being clocked at 150 mph on a rice rocket. When I was younger, I took a driveaway (Caddillac) from CA (Irvine) to Nashville. I was screaming that bitch through the AZ desert, and went like 130+. Got pulled eventually at about 80.

I blew by a cop on a GSXR1300 Hyabusa doing 110mph when I was young and dumb... it was 11pm on a week night and I-95 in Ft. Lauderdale was empty... I had a split sec decision to make... I dropped the hammer.. hit 170mph for a minute... did 2-3 miles to get distance and line of sight the cop.. cop was still trying to get to speed by the time I exited... went home... sold my bike... got married... had a kid... haven't ridden since.

The very next weekend after that incident a good friend died racing at Daytona... which didn't help my wife (fiance at that time) come to terms with my racing or riding.

I was dumb... if I hit an acorn at that speed.. I was dead.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the big deal. I drive like that all the time...I wouldn't do it in a chrysler.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blew by a cop on a GSXR1300 Hyabusa doing 110mph when I was young and dumb... it was 11pm on a week night and I-95 in Ft. Lauderdale was empty... I had a split sec decision to make... I dropped the hammer.. hit 170mph for a minute... did 2-3 miles to get distance and line of sight the cop.. cop was still trying to get to speed by the time I exited... went home... sold my bike... got married... had a kid... haven't ridden since.

The very next weekend after that incident a good friend died racing at Daytona... which didn't help my wife (fiance at that time) come to terms with my racing or riding.

I was dumb... if I hit an acorn at that speed.. I was dead.

I had a '99 Busa that I did the same thing on. I could have got the GSXR600 which was more than enough bike, but it wouldn't do 195. So I bought the Busa when I was living in Florida, I traveled to Dallas on it and I topped it out a couple of times getting away from cops after doing a steady 120 or so on I-20. Man what a thrill, but the single stupidist thing I have ever done in my life. An like you, after having it for a little bit I sold the bike and I havn't rode since due to kids and a wife.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I've done worse.

Speeding will have no impact on his career, so not sure why "everything to lose".

first couple that come to mind

a. his life
b. his freedom, if he had hit someone else and killed them
c. his career if he had gotten into a bad accident and lived

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and average drivers, but I am sure that you are a regular Tony Kanaan. Clowney is what, 20? Do you think he has the experience of skill to be rolling at 110 on a highway. How about all of the other drivers around him? I'm glad you went 150 in the Tercel and all but it is kind of idiotic for a 20 year old to be in triple digits on a public road, no matter the car.

:agree:

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first couple that come to mind

a. his life
b. his freedom, if he had hit someone else and killed them
c. his career if he had gotten into a bad accident and lived

this

don't know how some the kids here don't see that
:L

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we have a player with everything to lose... driving a Chrysler 300 (fact, I am sure this is a coincidence with no racial connection...) going 110 mph in a 70 mph zone.

What a moron... can't these idiots just be safe until they get the multi-million dollar check?

Jadeveon Clowney ticketed for doing 110 in a 70 - CBSSports.com

Let's see, when the season started, my draft status was first round. Multi million dollar signing bonus on the horizon. I get injured, sit out practice and a game; in the process I have a media feud with my head coach and the coaching staff. I've been seen taking plays off. My draft status has declined according to Mel Kiper. How much more can I f' up my situation? I know! I'm going to drive my car at 110mph and get myself some real media exposure. Idiot.