• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cliff Branch vs Drew Pearson

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold up Jarntt has a new book? On god?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jealous of what, you never talk track at all because you can't.

Dude, you think I mow your lawn, what does that tell us about your mentality?

Watch this....

Hey jarntt who runs what leg on our Olympic 4x1 team, well?

The boy will either totally ignore or some silly BS tap dance routine. He has no clue who is even on the team.

So who ran on that famous 1964 Bob Hayes anchored 4x1team?

Our 100m sprinters Mel Pender and soon to be Eagle Trenton Jackson were hurt in the 100m heats so we had to enlist Richard Stebbins (also an NFL look) and Paul Drayton our 200m cats. And a white guy out of Dartmouth Gerry Ashworth the last white sprinter to run on a USA Olympic team. What looked bad turned out to be a blessing in disquise, being we sucked Hayes got the stick way down, what he unleashed on the world had never been seen before a 8.6 anchor.

That is a legit track guru,
Shut up already, geez. I told you it's not an appropriate place to talk track here. No one cares. Are you this dumb? And the relay team has yet to be decided so no one knows and you are making it up if you pretend to. If you want my opinion on what it will be I'd say Baker/Kerley/Bednarik/Bromell although Lyles could be in mix for Kerley as well

And try to do a better job trimming up around the driveway and please wear a longer shirt. It's embarrassing with you walking around with half your belly fat hanging out the bottom of your "Frankie Says Relax" t-shirt

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut up already, geez. I told you it's not an appropriate place to talk track here. No one cares. Are you this dumb? And the relay team has yet to be decided so no one knows and you are making it up if you pretend to. If you want my opinion on what it will be I'd say Baker/Kerley/Bednarik/Bromell although Lyles could be in mix for Kerley as well

And try to do a better job trimming up around the driveway and please wear a longer shirt. It's embarrassing with you walking around with half your belly fat hanging out the bottom of your "Frankie Says Relax" t-shirt
Thank you for setting that straight.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have an Olympic Team thread here, so yes this is the appropriate place to talk track just like it is boxing, rasslin'. hockey, football and baseball, ya know SportsHoopla ,track has been around longer than all those sports except boxing. What it is you can't talk track, hell ya even spelled Bednarek wrong.

When has Ronnie Baker ever ran a lead off leg, yep...never! Who there has, try Bromell. Here ya go rookie.....Bromell...Kerley...Baker (where he ran at TCU) Lyles.

So ya finally decided to Google who was running, hahaha!!!!

Dude, when I got of the crop duster ya sent to pick me up, I had a feelin you were low rent. Then that kid who picked me up at the airport, smelled like dried leaves. And my God what a dump. you actually live in this mess? Talk about a redneck hick, haha!!! How many old rusted out cars that don;t run do you own? And you call this a lawn, dude.....try weed patch. But 500 bucks is 500 bucks, and all the beer I can drink free, a....Fisher beer, really? That picture of you holding up a fish ya caught ha! what are you 5-1? Fish was bigger than you and that was a small fish.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not appropriate, it's a Football board. I'll apologize in advance for adding to your board pollution one more time. I didn't mention the order dopey just the group you've been begging me to tell you, so you would know yourself. Did everyone notice that you just picked 4 of the 5 names I mentioned because you have no clue yourself...typical...

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not appropriate and Ill apologize in advance for adding to the trash one more time. I didn't mention the order dopey just the group you've been begging me to tell you, so you would know yourself. I did notice that you just picked 4 of the 5 names I mentioned because you have no clue yourself...typical...

Dude, read my Olympics thread, no clue???

And you could actually talk track there like others are doing. Dude, you aren't foolng anyone, ok?

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Branch

3 all pro
4 pro bowls
501 receptions
8685 yards
67 td

Pearson

3 all pro
3 pro bowls

So how is Pearson headed to the HOF and Branch isn't?

And his numbers totally dwarf Lynn Swann's and better than Bob Hayes, both HOFers.

Branch not being in the HOF is simply wrong.

If ever a classic receiving trio., Biletnikoff the route runner the hands, Casper the bull, Branch the zooooommmm. The hands and the bull in the HOF now bring the zoooooooommm.

Niner fan here.
Pretty sure Branch was on 2 Super Bowl Winners as well...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Branch

3 all pro
4 pro bowls
501 receptions
8685 yards
67 td

Pearson

3 all pro
3 pro bowls

So how is Pearson headed to the HOF and Branch isn't?

And his numbers totally dwarf Lynn Swann's and better than Bob Hayes, both HOFers.

Branch not being in the HOF is simply wrong.

If ever a classic receiving trio., Biletnikoff the route runner the hands, Casper the bull, Branch the zooooommmm. The hands and the bull in the HOF now bring the zoooooooommm.

Niner fan here.
The Answer is simple.
While I dont think Swann was HOF material. He did play when we didnt have 24/7 football on TV & knew every detail of a player. So he is in because of a handful of great plays in the big games. I believe everyone thought that was how he was his whole career. (since that is all they saw) he wasnt on even the best WR on his own team.
However to answer your question Swann & Pearson were on the all decade team (branch wasnt even 2nd team) So right or wrong. Those two should be in before Branch. Who all played in the same era. Pearson was the last to finally get in. So this should actually make you happier. Now that all of the all decade team is in he would be eligible. (from that era)

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Answer is simple.
While I dont think Swann was HOF material. He did play when we didnt have 24/7 football on TV & knew every detail of a player. So he is in because of a handful of great plays in the big games. I believe everyone thought that was how he was his whole career. (since that is all they saw) he wasnt on even the best WR on his own team.
However to answer your question Swann & Pearson were on the all decade team (branch wasnt even 2nd team) So right or wrong. Those two should be in before Branch. Who all played in the same era. Pearson was the last to finally get in. So this should actually make you happier. Now that all of the all decade team is in he would be eligible. (from that era)

Every stat we have for WR;s has Branch superior to Swann/Pearson, there is no reason to have them in the HOF and not Branch.

Just one of those dumb things.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every stat we have for WR;s has Branch superior to Swann/Pearson, there is no reason to have them in the HOF and not Branch.

Just one of those dumb things.
Tried to tell you a long time ago. Not always about stats.
Now I wouldnt mind seeing Branch in, but they made the all decade team right after the decade. Not like trying to remember shit decades later.
Branch also wasnt the #1 WR on his team either. Statwise. Branch also played more seasons. So he should have more stats.
Testaverde has more yards passing than a lot of HOFers but he also played for 6000 years!
Neither were impressive vs. nowadays, but Drew actually avg. more yards per game played. So naturally more per year.

Bottomline is. When you listed all of their accolades you forgot to list maybe the most important one (excluding HOF) that is the all decade team. That kinda goes a long ways. You would have answered your own question at that point.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to tell you a long time ago. Not always about stats.
Now I wouldnt mind seeing Branch in, but they made the all decade team right after the decade. Not like trying to remember shit decades later.
Branch also wasnt the #1 WR on his team either. Statwise. Branch also played more seasons. So he should have more stats.
Testaverde has more yards passing than a lot of HOFers but he also played for 6000 years!
Neither were impressive vs. nowadays, but Drew actually avg. more yards per game played. So naturally more per year.

Bottomline is. When you listed all of their accolades you forgot to list maybe the most important one (excluding HOF) that is the all decade team. That kinda goes a long ways. You would have answered your own question at that point.

Good stuff and to it justice I will totally break it all down as to why Branch deserves to be in the HOF, but.....need time. So...later!

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff and to it justice I will totally break it all down as to why Branch deserves to be in the HOF, but.....need time. So...later!
I am not against branch making it in.
Just answered your question to why the other two got in 1st.

but to be honest with todays NFL. See it as pretty hard for him to get in nowadays.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s got a lot of google searching to do to make his argument

Can't fool you, I have Freddie the Freak he does the music, Juan my track guy, Sexy Susan the football guru, I pay them good so this RaZon things comes off as smooth as a ducks ass . All I do is ,......hmmm?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't fool you, I have Freddie the Freak he does the music, Juan my track guy, Sexy Susan the football guru, I pay them good so this RaZon things comes off as smooth as a ducks ass . All I do is ,......hmmm?
Damn you pay people to google for you? You’re an even bigger idiot then I thought.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you pay people to google for you? You’re an even bigger idiot then I thought.

Yep sure do, noway in hell anyone could just know all this stuff, that would be impossible.

Need something Googled, ah....for a fee.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynn Swan

3 pro bowls
1 all pro
5 40 catch seasons
0 1000 yard seasons
2 10 or better TD seasons
336 career receptions
5462 career yards

Drew Pearson

Cliff Branch

501 8685

As we can see it's all Cliff Branch, so there is no reason at all for Swann and Pearson to be in the HOF and not Branch

Are we sure Belinikoff was the number one Raider WR back then?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynn Swan

3 pro bowls
1 all pro
5 40 catch seasons
0 1000 yard seasons
2 10 or better TD seasons
336 career receptions
5462 career yards

Drew Pearson

Cliff Branch

501 8685

As we can see it's all Cliff Branch, so thre is no reason t all for Swann and Pearson to be in the HOF and not Branch
Asked & Answered.
(Also you have my opinion on Swann)