• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cleveland Guardos @ White Sox

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahn has been an absolute joke at drafting/player development. The fact that the farm is empty when only a few players on the roster were drafted by the team is enough to say goodbye. Outside of TA and Vaughn, where are the every day players that you drafted during all that tanking?
admit the farm for many years hasn't been any good under any gm for the sox except when it was stocked with players picked up in trades for premier players (sale, quintana etc.). with the sox i ALWAYS wonder who is 'really' in charge of what. you draft players on a gamble (all teams do) then you develop them. who develops them? hahn? hell no. guys hand-picked by williams or the dork himself. personally i think hahn's hands are half tied with what he's allowed to do and NOT allowed to do (the very fact he wasn't allowed to pick the manager speaks volumes to me).
still, you 'could' be right. maybe hahn sucks, but a lot of other teams wanted him once for a reason. imo any gm is going to suck under this jerk who owns the team. you want real improvement? get a new owner!

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
admit the farm for many years hasn't been any good under any gm for the sox except when it was stocked with players picked up in trades for premier players (sale, quintana etc.). with the sox i ALWAYS wonder who is 'really' in charge of what. you draft players on a gamble (all teams do) then you develop them. who develops them? hahn? hell no. guys hand-picked by williams or the dork himself. personally i think hahn's hands are half tied with what he's allowed to do and NOT allowed to do (the very fact he wasn't allowed to pick the manager speaks volumes to me).
still, you 'could' be right. maybe hahn sucks, but a lot of other teams wanted him once for a reason. imo any gm is going to suck under this jerk who owns the team. you want real improvement? get a new owner!
I just think Hahn is the best politician in Chicago. Has the Chicago media in his back pocket and always avoids criticism. He's been the assistant gm and gm for close to 20 yrs. He's supposedly highly regarded around the league and had multiple offers to go to other organizations. If your hands are really tied, then leave. He signed joe Kelly to big money knowing he was injured going into the season. His obsession with spending on the most inconsistent position in the sport (relief pitching) is infuriating

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Hahn is the best politician in Chicago. Has the Chicago media in his back pocket and always avoids criticism. He's been the assistant gm and gm for close to 20 yrs. He's supposedly highly regarded around the league and had multiple offers to go to other organizations. If your hands are really tied, then leave. He signed joe Kelly to big money knowing he was injured going into the season. His obsession with spending on the most inconsistent position in the sport (relief pitching) is infuriating
well honestly i think all teams do that. it'd be interesting to see a comparison of what teams in fact spend on their bp's. but again, losing crochette for the year and bummer for a big chunk (plus stiever, crick and banks) is quite an obstacle to overcome. not to mention starters who can barely make the 5th inning.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are videos online showing the Guardians celebrating the Division clincher and their locker room chanting F%*k the White Sox and spontaneously cheering the sentiment. Thanks Uncle Jerry.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are videos online showing the Guardians celebrating the Division clincher and their locker room chanting F%*k the White Sox and spontaneously cheering the sentiment. Thanks Uncle Jerry.

There's a lot of blame to go around for the sh*tshow that is the 2022 Chicago White Sox season. But before going into the minute details about players/coaches/etc, I would like to point out how we sat on our asses during the offseason. That set the tone for myself and many others of us that are more than casual fans to think "Aren't they TRYING to win a World Series? Why did we do nothing here?"

I don't know what it's like on the inside, but if I'm feeling that way, who's to say the players aren't as well?

It didn't sit well with me even though I thought we would be a lot more competitive. Like "Why are we sitting on our hands and not going for the jugular?"

To have us underperform so spectacularly in the wake of such complacence just makes them look so f*cking stupid...and I hope Reinsdorf/Hahn/Williams get destroyed this offseason nonstop...To Jay Mariotti-like levels. They deserve it.