• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Cleveland Cavs vs Boston Celtics

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to go back to Boston. I expect the Cs to win at least one of them and take this back to Cleveland. Love the way the team is playing, Stevens has them playing great. Defense was nasty tonight.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just sad. The Cavs already have such a talent advantage only to have the refs tucked in their pocket

cmon now- the Cavs have 2 of the best drivers in the league- Boston is mostly a jump shooting team- they are not gonna get a ton of calls since they just are not an aggressive team offensively besides Thomas- and the guy is 5' 9"! He made one ridiculous finish on a basket where Kyrie played great D- Kyrie was kinda falling back not to fall, and Thomas somehow got it off the backboard and in....

Boston with bigs that can shoot are spreading the Cavs out a little bit- They need to put Olynk in that pick and roll instead of Sullinger- The Cavs were playing that pick and roll very soft- with basically a switch where no matter what happens - be it Sullinger or Thomas- would stay in the paint- they should have had Olynk in that pick and roll- Sullinger does not have to be respected outside like him.

Cavs are just too much- especially at the end of games- Tristan Thompson

wow

Tristan had multiple offensive boards there at the end which just broke Boston's spirit and chances to win- that is a pretty damn tough defensive lineup when they go Irving, Smith, Shumpert, Bron, Thompson if the other side tries to go small like Boston did a lot with.

Avery Bradley has sucked after saying how good he would be this game. Marcus Smart has surprised me with how he has shot pretty decently from outside- hes done a decent job on Irving at times too

LeBron and Kyrie with Bron in the post and Kyrie on the 3 pt line looking for a pass the double comes off him is just so deadly. Like 3-4 times LeBron held the ball to long in the post and gave it to Irving in short shot clocks and Irving delivered.

Isiah Thomas is fearless and really does not like Kyrie at all- a personal rivarly thats lasted fora while has only gotten more contentious in the playoffs

Jae Crowder fouls like crazy

Sullinger is a load- and should spend more time inside then in a pick and roll that puts him on the 3pt line- he is damn good down low

Kyrie Irving is damn good.

LeBron was easily the best player on the court

and Tristan Thompson stole the Celtics lunch money.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tristan Thompson had 0 points

Someone try and tell me he did not have a great game though.

HUGE game from Tristan- and shows you how people who think points are the only way to measure a bench really are not paying attention.

Mozgov 16 points 5 blocks 7 boards on 7/11 shooting and some pretty solid defense.

Jr Smith with a horrible shooting game- but still comes up with a nice contribution with a playoff high 5 steals and 4 boards

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jr postseason struggles continues.

This guy continue to disappear when the playoffs start.

This has been a trend with this guy for several years now.

Currently shooting 6/21 in the playoffs and 3/15 from 3....All awful numbers.

They are not beating the Bulls if he keep that up

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Celtics have never lost a game fair and square. Every loss the Celtics have ever suffered in their history can be traced back to crappy refs." -Celtics Fans

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JR Smith isn't the key to the Cavs playoff success though. If his shooting returns to his regular season form, I think you'll see the difference between a huge win and a decent (7-8 pts) win. He's like Ron Harper on those old Bulls teams. Very good player but still definitely a role player at best on his respective team.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JR has been fine. He hasn't taken bad shots (in meaningful moments). He got in foul trouble in Game 1.

The Cavs don't need JR to pour in a bunch of 3's every game. They need him to do that once or twice in a series... and - more importantly - not shoot them out of any games with bad shots. So far, so good.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Celtics have never lost a game fair and square. Every loss the Celtics have ever suffered in their history can be traced back to crappy refs." -Celtics Fans
I made two posts... go ahead and take a look through the thread to see who's criticizing the refs the most. I'll wait...
But, yeah, you're right, it's just Celtics fans. :L

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think he's good, but he is barely even a top 5 pg. You talk like he's the next greatest player in the NBA.
I think he is. He isn't a pure PG. He is more like a Combo guard. If he can work on his D and passing he can easily be top 5 in the league. Shooting, there isn't many I would pick over him. Curry, harden and Westbrook is what comes to my mind at this point(might be a couple others). The kid can ball. Trust me this is hard for me to defend because I hate Duke. I mean even at this point I rather have LBJ shoot then Irving shoot the last shot if my team is playing the Cavs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You whine too much.
LOL how is that whining. LOL Just stating facts. Also was responding to another post so Im not the only one that feels this way. I use to rose not getting the calls. Just the way the NBA is. Get a clue man.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to go back to Boston. I expect the Cs to win at least one of them and take this back to Cleveland. Love the way the team is playing, Stevens has them playing great. Defense was nasty tonight.
Keep your head up future looks bright.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of a dumb thing to say, they don't need him shooting lights out to win. Kyrie and Lebron are the main offense

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a dumb thing to say, they don't need him shooting lights out to win. Kyrie and Lebron are the main offense

When you face the Bulls, you will need a 4th player to provide offense. Not beating the Bulls with just Lebron and Kyrie doing most of the scoring. They're getting away with it because they're playing Boston. Cavs won't get away with this next round

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you face the Bulls, you will need a 4th player to provide offense. Not beating the Bulls with just Lebron and Kyrie doing most of the scoring. They're getting away with it because they're playing Boston. Cavs won't get away with this next round
We shall see

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie and LeBron are better scorers than anyone Chicago has. Kevin Love is what? on par with Rose and Butler probably as a scoring option?

The Cavs scoring is built for the playoffs where talent trumps all.

If the Cavs lose to the Bulls it will be becuase of their defense- not their offense.

Did you see LeBron at the end of that boston game? Hed post up- and if he got doubled or couldnt do anything hed just give Kyrie the ball with like 6 on the shot clock andsomehow Kyrie would do things you are not supposed to be able to do.

Kyrie Irving is a top 10 scorer in teh NBa hands down. Who out there has the dual threat of such a great outside shot AND the ability to score at the hoop? He is unversially heralded by the media as probably the best finisher at the basket in the game- and he is right up there with all but the very very top guys in the league shooting wise.

When you can take threes, pull up and shoot, finish at the basket like Kyrie- and do it all with probably the best handle in the league- you become totally unpredictable and uncoverable by one guy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs bench is horrible according to many people on here- they dont score enough points for their tastes--

Tristan Thompson scored ZERO points in game 2- here is what the opponents said about him

Thompson did not attempt a shot, but posted 11 rebounds, two assists and a steal over 26:21. He grabbed five of Cleveland's 12 offensive rebounds on the night. Thompson had 12 points and six rebounds in Sunday's Game 1.

"He's the X-factor for them, for sure," said Celtics guard Jae Crowder. "He's just going to the glass. You know he's not going to get that many touches; he just goes to the glass. And then [Timofey] Mozgov is sitting in the paint, they got a couple three-second calls, but I felt like they just sit in the paint and just wait for the ball go up and attack it. We have to focus a little more on those guys and take them out of the game."

Evan Turner echoed the sentiment.

"Tristan Thompson got some great offensive rebounds," he said. "He's very long. I think he pretty much won the game for them. He got a lot of great offensive rebounds, he kept plays alive, and gave them a second chance at it."

Said Stevens: "I thought at the end of the game, those offensive rebounds by Thompson obviously separated [the game] when we were coming back. Those were huge, huge plays."

he sucks though- the Cavs bench is the worst in the league right guys?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love is not on par with Butler when it comes to scoring.....heck it is not even on par with Rose or Gasol

And I could careless what Lebron or any of the Cavs do in this series against Boston....it will mean nothing 2 weeks from now. Chicago is a title contender while Boston is a team happy to be there.

Lebron and Kyrie are doing the bulk of the scoring for Cleveland so far. You're not beating Chicago in the playoffs if Love and JR are both shooting under 40% as they currently are

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are WAY overrated and this is by no means the most talented Cavs team ever...

The teams between 2008 and 2010 had a broader range of talent, not just 3 really good players.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made two posts... go ahead and take a look through the thread to see who's criticizing the refs the most. I'll wait...
But, yeah, you're right, it's just Celtics fans. :L

I bust on everyone who blames refs for losses because it's lame. Celtic fans have historically been the worst on these and the cbs boards about it. I will say though, that the current worst about it is actually a Heat fan and there's a Bulls fan trying to take his title.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bust on everyone who blames refs for losses because it's lame. Celtic fans have historically been the worst on these and the cbs boards about it. I will say though, that the current worst about it is actually a Heat fan and there's a Bulls fan trying to take his title.

List names. BE A MAN!!!!!!!!!