• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cleveland Browns Ongoing Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 @Stakesarehigh @dtgold88 @Across The Field

Saw on sportscenter a little bit ago the Browns are working on a contract extention with Garrett even though there's two years left on his rookie deal.

Yeah definitely a smart move now to get something done. His value is only going up. If they sign him to a 4-5 year deal they will have him locked up for 6-7 years till he is 29/30 years old

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah definitely a smart move now to get something done. His value is only going up. If they sign him to a 4-5 year deal they will have him locked up for 6-7 years till he is 29/30 years old

I'm for anything that will turn the team around. Any chance that idiot owner would sell the team?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm for anything that will turn the team around. Any chance that idiot owner would sell the team?
Careful what you wish for. still believe if the idiot owner finds the right people to put in charge he will sit back, write the checks and let them do their jobs. Money will never get in the way of improving the team whenever possible. Seemed like he was doing that with Dorsey/Freddie. Lucky he realized they were not the right people and cut the cord.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
way the CBA is set up, seems like this is the time you would do this with most players like Garrett. ward and Chubb will be up next year and hopefully Baker as well.

Garrett already has set for life money so not sure he'll be so quick to accept an offer.....though maybe he does with the realization the CBA could come down next year?

Another guy they should look into extending is Ogunjobi (assuming they like him, of course). as a 3rd rounder he might not have set for life money so he might be more open to a deal now I would think. could probably get him for a lot less now than you would once he he hits FA. What Dorsey failed to do with Schobert when he had the chance in 2018.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful what you wish for. still believe if the idiot owner finds the right people to put in charge he will sit back, write the checks and let them do their jobs. Money will never get in the way of improving the team whenever possible. Seemed like he was doing that with Dorsey/Freddie. Lucky he realized they were not the right people and cut the cord.

As long as he lets the right people do their jobs and he stays the fuck outta the way of any player decisions hopefully things will be okay.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he lets the right people do their jobs and he stays the fuck outta the way of any player decisions hopefully things will be okay.
Can only hope that's the case. I do think he stepped in where he didn't belong (like in drafting Manziel?), but I think for the past few years he has let the guys he put in charge make the decisions.

Now we can only hope having guys wanting to work together helps.....and them being smart probably helps, as well.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can only hope that's the case. I do think he stepped in where he didn't belong (like in drafting Manziel?), but I think for the past few years he has let the guys he put in charge make the decisions.

Now we can only hope having guys wanting to work together helps.....and them being smart probably helps, as well.

If I remember this correctly when the Browns were on Hard knocks wasn't it mentioned that Haslam would pit employees against each other?

The frustrating thing for me is I don't see him selling the team anytime soon. I sure wish he would though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
way the CBA is set up, seems like this is the time you would do this with most players like Garrett. ward and Chubb will be up next year and hopefully Baker as well.

Garrett already has set for life money so not sure he'll be so quick to accept an offer.....though maybe he does with the realization the CBA could come down next year?

Another guy they should look into extending is Ogunjobi (assuming they like him, of course). as a 3rd rounder he might not have set for life money so he might be more open to a deal now I would think. could probably get him for a lot less now than you would once he he hits FA. What Dorsey failed to do with Schobert when he had the chance in 2018.

I would only extend LarryO if he improves. He didnt have a good year last year, the guy seems to have a high ceiling...maybe the coaching staff wasn’t using him the right way. Hope to see him improve this year so they will extend him

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember this correctly when the Browns were on Hard knocks wasn't it mentioned that Haslam would pit employees against each other?

The frustrating thing for me is I don't see him selling the team anytime soon. I sure wish he would though.
Not sure I recall that, but because FO and coach had never really been on page they often worked against each other...don't think they needed Haslam to get that going.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would only extend LarryO if he improves. He didnt have a good year last year, the guy seems to have a high ceiling...maybe the coaching staff wasn’t using him the right way. Hope to see him improve this year so they will extend him
He's at worst a solid player IMO. Teams need guys like that. Like, say, a Nassib type guy (but on the interior and not DE).

Obviously would need to be at our price.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 @Stakesarehigh @dtgold88 @Across The Field

Browns in the history books yet again! :yes:

Not counting the 1920's or the strike shortened season of 1987 our Browns are the only team to have a QB start his one and only game.

2014- Connor Shaw started the season finale. In 1975- Will Cureton.