• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: CIN vs NE

sup

• Bengals by 7 ore more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bengals by a little

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • tie

• pats by a little

• pats by 7 or more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm just now thawed out from the game. Awesome, practically perfect first half, except for MacPherson.
All I wanted to do was leave for my warm car in the second half and every time I was about to, something happened to make the game closer.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm just now thawed out from the game. Awesome, practically perfect first half, except for MacPherson.
All I wanted to do was leave for my warm car in the second half and every time I was about to, something happened to make the game closer.
How were the NE fans? I would like to think they are a classy bunch given all the winning over the years, but that's not the case for all successful teams.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How were the NE fans? I would like to think they are a classy bunch given all the winning over the years, but that's not the case for all successful teams.
Funny you ask. I was told ahead of time by my buddy who is a pats fan that I’d be fine.

For the most part they were fine, I had my Burrow jersey on, I had a couple people ask me if I was just a Burrow fan, or came in from Cincinnati for the game.

For the first two and a half quarters no one cared. The place was dead, they were cheering for Zappy, they were pissed at their own team, the pick six gave them a little something to cheer.

There was an annoying bengals fan a few seats over from me who was talking shit to these 21 year old pats fans a couple rows in front of me, the kind of spoiled pats fans who only knew life with Brady until now. Anyways the bengal guy left at 22-12 (I think) and as the pats came back these guys were then talking shit to me because I think they thought I was with him. I basically said “guys it’s too cold for this shit, you guys have had a 20 year run, it’s ok to have one down year, the bengals have had 20 down years and one and a half good years. Let’s just see how the game plays out, it was the end, the pats have 4 plays to get a TD.” Then of course the back fumbled so I figured the game was over and I ran right out of there to get to my car and warm up and leave.

While I was leaving the stadium, the departing pats fans were pissed at what happened so I was a little worried I might get kicked or sucker punched, but I made it out fine.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you ask. I was told ahead of time by my buddy who is a pats fan that I’d be fine.

For the most part they were fine, I had my Burrow jersey on, I had a couple people ask me if I was just a Burrow fan, or came in from Cincinnati for the game.

For the first two and a half quarters no one cared. The place was dead, they were cheering for Zappy, they were pissed at their own team, the pick six gave them a little something to cheer.

There was an annoying bengals fan a few seats over from me who was talking shit to these 21 year old pats fans a couple rows in front of me, the kind of spoiled pats fans who only knew life with Brady until now. Anyways the bengal guy left at 22-12 (I think) and as the pats came back these guys were then talking shit to me because I think they thought I was with him. I basically said “guys it’s too cold for this shit, you guys have had a 20 year run, it’s ok to have one down year, the bengals have had 20 down years and one and a half good years. Let’s just see how the game plays out, it was the end, the pats have 4 plays to get a TD.” Then of course the back fumbled so I figured the game was over and I ran right out of there to get to my car and warm up and leave.

While I was leaving the stadium, the departing pats fans were pissed at what happened so I was a little worried I might get kicked or sucker punched, but I made it out fine.
Yeah, that was the type of game that is a little dangerous. Fans had to be very frustrated after watching that shit in Vegas the week before and then having an awesome chance at stealing a game evaporate due to a fumble. It is funny to think that the Pats have a whole generation of fans that know nothing about some of those 80s and 90s disasters.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was the type of game that is a little dangerous. Fans had to be very frustrated after watching that shit in Vegas the week before and then having an awesome chance at stealing a game evaporate due to a fumble. It is funny to think that the Pats have a whole generation of fans that know nothing about some of those 80s and 90s disasters.
Thing that I think gets lost - there's no guarantee they score a TD there....So, it's not like it was a guaranteed win if they don't fumble. Unlike the week prior - OT was 100% guaranteed as long as they don't allow a fumble/return TD.....

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing that I think gets lost - there's no guarantee they score a TD there....So, it's not like it was a guaranteed win if they don't fumble. Unlike the week prior - OT was 100% guaranteed as long as they don't allow a fumble/return TD.....
This is definitely true given how bad NE has been in the redzone and how good the Bengals have been in defending the redzone.... To me though, it felt like one of those games that you lose and really have no explanation for it.... The weird pick 6, the hail mary in the middle of the game, the pass to Trent Irwin that should have put it out of reach, the kicker missing everything. The Bengals dominated that game - The fact that they almost threw it away doesn't mean as much in the long-run..... I'm sure we'd all like to see them play consistently for two halves, but it's pretty clear they are on a different level than all but a small handful of teams (the other contenders).

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely true given how bad NE has been in the redzone and how good the Bengals have been in defending the redzone.... To me though, it felt like one of those games that you lose and really have no explanation for it.... The weird pick 6, the hail mary in the middle of the game, the pass to Trent Irwin that should have put it out of reach, the kicker missing everything. The Bengals dominated that game - The fact that they almost threw it away doesn't mean as much in the long-run..... I'm sure we'd all like to see them play consistently for two halves, but it's pretty clear they are on a different level than all but a small handful of teams (the other contenders).
Yep. Never apologize for winning. If you can win a game like that, it's better than losing - and hopefully that means you played a clunker of a game and still were good enough, or lucky enough, to mark that as a win.

If they get that lucky in week 1, week 2, or week 5 - all 3 games were decided by a total of 8 pts (3, 3, 2). Get a lucky bounce there - AFCN is already wrapped up - and they are sitting pretty for the #1 seed....

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was so cold that my dad went to sit in the car at the end of halftime. I felt bad that he had do to do that, so I kept saying to myself that I would leave once something good happened and the game got out of reach. 4 different times, I was ready to leave on the next play:

22-0, and Burrow throws the pick 6.
McPherson's missed field goal.
Patriots third and 30 after fumble wasn't overruled and they scored the hail mary TD.
Chase's fumble.

For some weird reason I wasn't worried when the Pats got the first and goal at the end. I had read the game preview in our local paper and it said the Pats were either the worst, or near the bottom in red zone offense/scoring. I figured the defense would hold.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was so cold that my dad went to sit in the car at the end of halftime. I felt bad that he had do to do that, so I kept saying to myself that I would leave once something good happened and the game got out of reach. 4 different times, I was ready to leave on the next play:

22-0, and Burrow throws the pick 6.
McPherson's missed field goal.
Patriots third and 30 after fumble wasn't overruled and they scored the hail mary TD.
Chase's fumble.

For some weird reason I wasn't worried when the Pats got the first and goal at the end. I had read the game preview in our local paper and it said the Pats were either the worst, or near the bottom in red zone offense/scoring. I figured the defense would hold.
For the life of me, I can't figure out how that was not a fumble. He CLEARLY lost control of the ball before he tried to push it off forward....mindboggling. That was, 100%, a fumble.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the life of me, I can't figure out how that was not a fumble. He CLEARLY lost control of the ball before he tried to push it off forward....mindboggling. That was, 100%, a fumble.
in the old days, if we did it, they would automatically give it to the other team.