• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Church group votes to boycott Redskins over name

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This political correctness bullshit has gotten out of hand.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word "slur" is overused big time. The word "banana" can be a slur if a person uses it in a negative manner. The word "slur" is dictated by the speaker, not the receiver.

I have never heard anybody use the word "redskin" as a slur.

People need to stop being "pussies" (yes this is a slur the way I am using it) and toughen up. If you want a reason to be fired up...let's talk VA, Iraq, and our borders. If you need a podium, make the subject worthwhile.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This political correctness bullshit has gotten out of hand.

Ok let's change that right now!
Here is hoping in game one of the season Brian Orakpo shoves that football firmly up Ryan Fitzpatrick's Irish Ass!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you guys are answering these people. This is the era where people come to get a rise out of you. There is nothing you can do or say to change their minds because they aren't here to have their minds changed. Hail to the Redskins!!

I also agree with Dad, if you want to debate the name then do it on the Smack Talk thread.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you guys are answering these people. This is the era where people come to get a rise out of you. There is nothing you can do or say to change their minds because they aren't here to have their minds changed. Hail to the Redskins!!

I also agree with Dad, if you want to debate the name then do it on the Smack Talk thread.

You are correct. However - this is the slow time of the year for the NFL so - perhaps against better judgement - it is easy to sometimes get caught up in all of this (and perhaps not always follow the rules). Once training camp & the actual season come around this type of stuff will disappear for the most part. What can I say - we are human beings - not robots.

HTTR

nano5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The feminists? The Iranians?

None of them make any difference until Dan and/or the NFL starts to feel it in their wallet. Unfortunately, the tide is building. I suspect that Dan will start to feel the effects of the oncoming tidal wave by years end.

So, what should the new name be??

I think the name should stay the same, but the mascot should change. Considering our past connections with Hogs, I think we should adapt a mascot similar to the Arkansas Razorbacks, basically being a Red Skinned Hog/Warthog. The name could stay the Redskins but the song won't make as much sense, but a lot more than changing the name.