• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Christine Michael

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to give christine the benefit of the doubt im sure all week the run plays were centered around lynch and turbin so when coleman went down (also being a regular inactive player) and got thrown in unexpectedly maybe he just wasnt on page with what is going on. Im sure if he was expected to get a lot of carries leading up to sunday he would be more on his game.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't trust the source(not a critical thing of you Hustle) because i'm a skeptic. I want to see it withe my own eyes.

if it is true. Another f^&#ing hole to fill

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so when coleman went down (also being a regular inactive player)

How is Coleman a regular inactive? He's played 20 of the last 25 games (including playoffs) and it was him going down for 4 weeks due to injury that prompted Seattle to re-sign Michael Robinson last year.

If Seattle is playing Michael (or Turbin) at FB, maybe they should consider bringing Spencer Ware back in, since Coleman is most likely out another month or more.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Coleman a regular inactive? He's played 20 of the last 25 games (including playoffs) and it was him going down for 4 weeks due to injury that prompted Seattle to re-sign Michael Robinson last year.

If Seattle is playing Michael (or Turbin) at FB, maybe they should consider bringing Spencer Ware back in, since Coleman is most likely out another month or more.

Not sure Ware would be a upgrade over Turbin, in fact I think he's not the blocker Turbin is. I was going to suggest Kiero Small, but I guess he's on the Browns roster. Wonder if a small time trade could be reached.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to give christine the benefit of the doubt im sure all week the run plays were centered around lynch and turbin so when coleman went down (also being a regular inactive player) and got thrown in unexpectedly maybe he just wasnt on page with what is going on. Im sure if he was expected to get a lot of carries leading up to sunday he would be more on his game.

You would think he would be prepared though. What are we ,,,6 weeks in now or something like that? Dude needs to be ready.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think he would be prepared though. What are we ,,,6 weeks in now or something like that? Dude needs to be ready.

yeah I agree but then again I mean were human if your always inactive basically your entire rookie season and again through 6 games would you be motivated to be prepared for the game? I mean im sure they ran their practices around lynch and turbin the whole week. This is similar to the NY Jets when vick said he wasnt prepared to play when geno got taken out and an analyst said it best on NFL Live if your coach (rex ryan) came out on national TV and said geno will not be benched and will start would you (as vick) be motivated to be ready to play? in that case vick was a second string QB, michael is a 3rd string back

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I agree but then again I mean were human if your always inactive basically your entire rookie season and again through 6 games would you be motivated to be prepared for the game?

It's called being a professional. Christine Michael will made 1.75x as much in last weeks game than I make in a year (he'll make more this year than I have made in my entire life). If looking for more playing time, the way to do it is to be prepared and make the most out of the opportunities you do get.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the person that was impacted the most by the Coleman injury was Turbin. He's the one that had to step in and play fullback on short notice and give up his own share of carries in the process. He could have said no and forced the Seahawks to change their gameplan for the second time in less than a week (the gameplan probably wasn't changed too much when Harvin was traded, but I'm sure it was changed at least a little bit beyond just removing the "Percy package"). Instead, he took on the challenge, despite not having played the position before, because he wanted to help the team win and not force another change to the gameplan. As an athlete in a team game, you always have to be ready to play, because you never know when the guy ahead of you might get hurt. To me it's a red flag that Michael hasn't been activated for many games despite being healthy (as far as I know, anyway). If he fails to prepare himself because he doesn't think he'll be needed, he's setting himself up to not be needed.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still getting a paycheck, so he should prepare himself to be ready. How do these guys think they're going to ever become a starter and get the big fat paycheck eventually? Not by sitting around unprepared. Face it, some guys want it more than others, and those are the guys that usually get it.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really like to see Michael get some reps as KR. Bryan Walters offers zero upside on returns.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really like to see Michael get some reps as KR. Bryan Walters offers zero upside on returns.

ranking #11 in the NFL in punt return average is nothing? Sure its not top 10 ( lol 1 off ) but it's better than 32nd. Tate was ranked #9 last year. That's not a huge drop off.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In Pete's plan, not turning the ball over is a huge upside. Getting prolific returns would be a benefit.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ranking #11 in the NFL in punt return average is nothing? Sure its not top 10 ( lol 1 off ) but it's better than 32nd. Tate was ranked #9 last year. That's not a huge drop off.

In Pete's plan, not turning the ball over is a huge upside. Getting prolific returns would be a benefit.

I meant kick returns. I get that consistent 5-10 yards on punt returns with no drama (though Walters has fielded some punts in traffic without fair catching) is helpful on punts, but on kickoff returns the risk is much lower, so there might as well be a chance the guy can break a long run.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Richardson on returns. He has the explosion to put together some good returns.

Being on vacation for the last two weeks (took wife and kid to Disneyland and Legoland, got home today) I didn't get to see the games (first time since 2002 that I've missed 4 games in a season, let alone four in a row). Hopefully, I will get to see the game on Sunday (moving Saturday, don't have tv or internet at the new house, yet).

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gbellseattle: Telling: #Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell on RB Christine Michael's recent rise: "We still need to make sure we can trust him in every situation"

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant kick returns. I get that consistent 5-10 yards on punt returns with no drama (though Walters has fielded some punts in traffic without fair catching) is helpful on punts, but on kickoff returns the risk is much lower, so there might as well be a chance the guy can break a long run.

Since they change the kick off spot to the 35 yard marker, you need a exception returner, very few of those ( Harvin was one however) otherwise best to just take a knee and start from the 20.