• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Petersen on UW/Boise State Matchup

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take UW's OC. He's a former BSU QB.
Heard an interesting concept the other day about that situation. Most are assuming Lake will use the slot left from his slide to HC on the defensive side, but he could end up still taking the secondary and bring in an offensive guru in another slot and keep Hamdan. I'm not saying I love the idea, but that staff desperately needs an innovative offensive mind and I really don't care how they get them in there. It was one of the dawgman guys that floated that out there.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smiles - have to admit nice clever comeback, gotta giggle from me. If BSU comes to Autzen we will make sure that we cover all the glass so it doesn’t remind you of the chin BSU has. :D
You all should show that kind of (Blount) passion during the game. It took the Ducks almost 3 quarters to register a first down in that game.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all should show that kind of (Blount) passion during the game. It took the Ducks almost 3 quarters to register a first down in that game.
Ya caught passion after that game ended up in the Natty

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen has been an absolute cry baby over the last 2 years or so. The guy has been pouting the "poor me" card since college football allowed the transfer portal.

Good riddance to this cry baby.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live look at Petersen preparing for the bowl game.

2795-75897.jpg

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lolz at you proving anything other than your delusions are still fully intact after all these years. And lolz that you would go over every point. You missed at least one glaring one.

You haven't addressed at all the point that Boise is not a destination that's easily sold to boosters/alum who like to travel. Sit down and compose a list as if you were the AD from say Georgia, Ohio State, etc and create a list of teams you would like to contact based on what you think your fans would enjoy in a H/H both for bringing in top shelf talent, and for places your fans would love to go to. How far down that list would Boise end up? It's a rhetorical exercise because you won't give honest credence to the priorities of how schools look for filling their top shelf h/h OOC games.

lol at still thinking you are the top G5. That was UCF for a couple of years and now this year it went to Memphis. BSU is still a decent G5, but they are not the story they once were.

You mention UW and Oregon as willing to do deals. Already mentioned that. Funny you only mention them when WSU and Oregon State also have made similar deals. Why did you leave them out? Doesn't meet your idea of top programs? Helps support my statement that their travel was more regional interest than anything more? Again, you can get teams from nearby states to travel there, but it's a hard sell to get interest from teams much farther away. There simply isn't any real history in that stadium and nothing in the area to support interest in travel. There is no room for debate there. None.

And lol at going back and forth on your arguments. You want to talk about teams being afraid of a possible loss as a reason why they won't do h/h while claiming your team is still elite, yet mix the metaphor of being a next tier easy win type of game. Teams aren't afraid to go to Michigan, Ohio State, ND, etc yet they are scared out of their wits at the thought they could lose to Boise State. It's an insane argument. It has more to do with all of those places are easy to sell for fans to travel to.

Good opportunity to discuss. One about Boise not being a destination fans would like to visit. This isn't the only survey that ranks Boise as an excellent destination. Most Boiseans make it a point to say hello to fans who visit here, they nearly all enjoy the Western hospitality combined with modern perks. We enjoy folks who like to visit and spend money, well, everywhere except during the game.

Boise, ID | 2019 Top 100 Best Places to Live | Livability

As for home and home deals, I was including all 4 Ore and Wash schools, all of whom have played Boise multiple times.

As for not having any history in the stadium, I used to work on campus, and dozens of visitors from all over the world visit daily, all wanting a picture of themselves on the Blue. The rest of your paragraph is confusing. Maybe you should try following your own advice.

As for losing to BSU, ask Oklahoma how that feels. It put Boise on the map, several websites list it as one of the greatest college football games ever played.

As for scheduling college football games, it has always been a mix of competitiveness and money. Most schools follow a simple formula in doing out of conference games, try to get an extra home game if you can, get one against a "name" opponent, and the rest ones that you can win. It's not so much "fear" as it is padding one's W/L record, becoming bowl eligible, and making money.

I'll await your response. By the way, the Seattle area is also a great place to visit, we've been there many times. I especially noticed the dozens of 737 Maxes parked in Renton, fascinating.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good opportunity to discuss. One about Boise not being a destination fans would like to visit. This isn't the only survey that ranks Boise as an excellent destination. Most Boiseans make it a point to say hello to fans who visit here, they nearly all enjoy the Western hospitality combined with modern perks. We enjoy folks who like to visit and spend money, well, everywhere except during the game.

Boise, ID | 2019 Top 100 Best Places to Live | Livability

As for home and home deals, I was including all 4 Ore and Wash schools, all of whom have played Boise multiple times.

As for not having any history in the stadium, I used to work on campus, and dozens of visitors from all over the world visit daily, all wanting a picture of themselves on the Blue. The rest of your paragraph is confusing. Maybe you should try following your own advice.

As for losing to BSU, ask Oklahoma how that feels. It put Boise on the map, several websites list it as one of the greatest college football games ever played.

As for scheduling college football games, it has always been a mix of competitiveness and money. Most schools follow a simple formula in doing out of conference games, try to get an extra home game if you can, get one against a "name" opponent, and the rest ones that you can win. It's not so much "fear" as it is padding one's W/L record, becoming bowl eligible, and making money.

I'll await your response. By the way, the Seattle area is also a great place to visit, we've been there many times. I especially noticed the dozens of 737 Maxes parked in Renton, fascinating.
Boise is a G5 program, with a G5 stadium. There was about a 2 year window when they had a really good team that would have been worth scheduling, because you’d actually get credit for beating them, and losing wouldn’t have been a total embarrassment.

That window has long passed, and Boise is like any other solid G5 program. They’re not gonna be anyone’s marquee out of conference game, they’re the second tier out of conference game in that formula you laid out. Those games are supposed to be better than flying an FCS team in to beat the shit out of, but still supposed to be wins, there’s absolutely no point in making a habit of traveling for them, especially when you’ll make way more money paying the team to come to you.

Boise is nice from my own experience, but it is on absolutely no one’s list of college football destinations. People wanting to see the “gimmick” turf while they’re in town ≠ people flying in from around the word to catch a glimpse of the mystical field in the college football Mecca that is whatever your stadium is called. So just stop... Jesus...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise is a G5 program, with a G5 stadium. There was about a 2 year window when they had a really good team that would have been worth scheduling, because you’d actually get credit for beating them, and losing wouldn’t have been a total embarrassment.

That window has long passed, and Boise is like any other solid G5 program. They’re not gonna be anyone’s marquee out of conference game, they’re the second tier out of conference game in that formula you laid out. Those games are supposed to be better than flying an FCS team in to beat the shit out of, but still supposed to be wins, there’s absolutely no point in making a habit of traveling for them, especially when you’ll make way more money paying the team to come to you.

Boise is nice from my own experience, but it is on absolutely no one’s list of college football destinations. People wanting to see the “gimmick” turf while they’re in town ≠ people flying in from around the word to catch a glimpse of the mystical field in the college football Mecca that is whatever your stadium is called. So just stop... Jesus...
Pretty much that.

As you well remember from the old CBS days, Smiles has issues and entirely preconceived notions that he pounds the facts to meet.

I mean he just tried to argue that selling a trip to boise for fan bases of other schools isn't an issue, because boise is a nice town to live in and their citizens are nice to visitors. :lol:

@smilesid WSU isn't a destination either. Plenty of P5's schools that also don't have a city fans have been looking forward to going to or a stadium on someone's bucket list to see. They are always going to fill those coveted H/H slots you feel jilted out of because you also get a P5 credit for playing them. Many of those should also be easier wins for the top most teams which is an added bonus.

You want schools to treat boise like they do one of those lessor P5's, but the math doesn't add up. Most of those marquee games are scheduled 5 to 10 years out. The top G5's that can get into the top 15 in the polls often can't sustain that level long enough to see the payoff for teams scheduling them. Their head coaches and staff are poached by big programs that can pay them a lot more. Asking teams to treat them like another P5 just doesn't make sense. You will lose SOS credit and fan travel interest if the game doesn't stay as marquee as it looked 8 years ago when you made it.

No one is avoiding Boise. Nor UCF, memphis, or whatever the flavor of the week is at that level. If they could guarantee a top 10 matchup on something they are scheduling that far out they would have those offers.

Otherwise, you get that next tier offer of a game that may be exciting, but if not at least you have your marquee already and you aren't worrying about your fans interest in that away part of the h/h.

I was a season ticket holder for more than 20 years in a family of season ticket holders going back to the 60's. You get a ton of insight on those choices from the communications they send to ticket holders. They take the input/feedback of the alum/donors/boosters/etc quite seriously. College football is about money and keeping the donations coming in from a happy fan base is a critical aspect of their planning.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much that.

As you well remember from the old CBS days, Smiles has issues and entirely preconceived notions that he pounds the facts to meet.

Coming from someone with more issues than the editor of National Geographic. But, it's also why I don't post here much, it's the same 17 people saying the same things. Rest well, Wiz. All my best.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much that.

I mean he just tried to argue that selling a trip to boise for fan bases of other schools isn't an issue, because boise is a nice town to live in and their citizens are nice to visitors. :lol:

@smilesid WSU isn't a destination either. Plenty of P5's schools that also don't have a city fans have been looking forward to going to or a stadium on someone's bucket list to see. They are always going to fill those coveted H/H slots you feel jilted out of because you also get a P5 credit for playing them. Many of those should also be easier wins for the top most teams which is an added bonus.

You want schools to treat boise like they do one of those lessor P5's, but the math doesn't add up. Most of those marquee games are scheduled 5 to 10 years out. The top G5's that can get into the top 15 in the polls often can't sustain that level long enough to see the payoff for teams scheduling them. Their head coaches and staff are poached by big programs that can pay them a lot more. Asking teams to treat them like another P5 just doesn't make sense. You will lose SOS credit and fan travel interest if the game doesn't stay as marquee as it looked 8 years ago when you made it.

No one is avoiding Boise. Nor UCF, memphis, or whatever the flavor of the week is at that level. If they could guarantee a top 10 matchup on something they are scheduling that far out they would have those offers.

Otherwise, you get that next tier offer of a game that may be exciting, but if not at least you have your marquee already and you aren't worrying about your fans interest in that away part of the h/h.

I was a season ticket holder for more than 20 years in a family of season ticket holders going back to the 60's. You get a ton of insight on those choices from the communications they send to ticket holders. They take the input/feedback of the alum/donors/boosters/etc quite seriously. College football is about money and keeping the donations coming in from a happy fan base is a critical aspect of their planning.
I remember, at least in the CBS days he (and they) had an awesome exciting team to back up their obnoxiousness. Now it’s a decade later, they’re going into a shitty bowl and getting points in Vegas against a shitty Pac 12 team... So maybe it’s time to give the “but no one will come here to play us” whiny bullshit a rest, you’d think.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming from someone with more issues than the editor of National Geographic. But, it's also why I don't post here much, it's the same 17 people saying the same things. Rest well, Wiz. All my best.
We have a vastly different view of scheduling criteria and always have. Good vigorous debate on them is fun now and then.

I'm not going to be surprised at all of Boise wins this game on Saturday given how flat the dawgs have been much of the year. Not buying that they rise up on pete's last game. I mean he's suddenly leaving them.

Good luck next year.