• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Petersen on UW/Boise State Matchup

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't break a tackle. He looks to run around people, not through them. The guy has speed for days, but not a back I want on 1st and 2nd down. 3rd or 4th and 1, who do you want back there?
Ahmed isn't a run through the tackles type of RB .. that's not his game. You don't take a Ferrari four wheeling and you don't force a square peg in a round hole. Some RB's are great bulldozing off tackle and some RB's are better for using in the flat. UW has plenty of RB's to go up the middle and when UW wants to utilize sheer speed it had Ahmed for screens, options, etc ...

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahmed isn't a run through the tackles type of RB .. that's not his game. You don't take a Ferrari four wheeling and you don't force a square peg in a round hole. Some RB's are great bulldozing off tackle and some RB's are better for using in the flat. UW has plenty of RB's to go up the middle and when UW wants to utilize sheer speed it had Ahmed for screens, options, etc ...
That's exactly why I would have Newton get the bulk of the carries. UW is better when they are a 4x4, not a ferrari.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly why I would have Newton get the bulk of the carries. UW is better when they are a 4x4, not a ferrari.
I don't have a problem with another RB getting more carries than Ahmed .. especially with Sam Adams Jr. and Je'vaun Sunday coming in. Ahmed is more like a DAT / Reggie Bush type RB. He's a terror on the outside but not so much on the inside unless he has a hole .. then he's gone like the wind.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with another RB getting more carries than Ahmed .. especially with Sam Adams Jr. and Je'vaun Sunday coming in. Ahmed is more like a DAT / Reggie Bush type RB. He's a terror on the outside but not so much on the inside unless he has a hole .. then he's gone like the wind.

We're on the same page then :suds:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that Ahmed isn't a solid weapon, it's that our staff doesn't know how to use him correctly. You can't simply use him only on the outside or teams will be able to shift. Our play calling is too much one dimensional and the defenses have been able to adapt.

Having a Newton style back for sure is important. This offense was more potent when he was on the field. You need a downhill runner that can carry on 3rd and short.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't break a tackle. He looks to run around people, not through them. The guy has speed for days, but not a back I want on 1st and 2nd down. 3rd or 4th and 1, who do you want back there?
I disagree. I like him for the exact opposite of what you said, he’s a speed back who will put his head down and punish tacklers. We’ve clearly see. Two different guys the last couple years.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Oregon is predictably abusing the grad transfer system & portal like a rented mule to make up for its yearly issues with late flips, low IQ dummies, and player development, doesn't mean the rest of the NCAA wants run its rosters like it's the NFL.

read a story in the local online paper down here…

"Oregon is the new USC in recruiting…"

deep pockets count.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep pockets count.
Oregon fvcks have been posting that all over Facebook since Andrew dick sucker Nemic posted it on Oregon Live.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 underrated 2019 college football bowl games you won’t want to miss

2. Las Vegas Bowl (Dec. 21/Boise State vs. Washington)
When Chris Petersen announced that he would step down as the Washington Huskies head coach after their bowl game, there was only one postseason matchup that anyone really wanted to see. Thanks to the College Football Playoff selection committee picking Memphis to go to the Cotton Bowl, we were afforded the opportunity for Boise State to take on their former coach in Sin City on the first Saturday of bowl games.

It was a disappointing campaign in Seattle, where the defending Pac-12 champions regressed to 7-5 in the standings and finished in a three-way tie in the Pac-12 North at 4-5 in conference play. Apart from a 10-point October defeat at Stanford, however, four of those five losses came by six points or less. The defense did its part, but the Jacob Eason-led offense struggled to outscore opponents.

Boise State will look to take down their former coach and claim the school’s first 13-win season since Petersen took the Broncos on an undefeated run to the 2009 Fiesta Bowl against TCU. It was an up-and-down season for Boise State as they adjusted to life after Brett Rypien at quarterback and dealt with injuries throughout their offense. That their only loss came at BYU is a testament to the team’s consistency year-over-year.

In addition to Petersen’s last game on the Washington sidelines, this Las Vegas Bowl also serves as the final edition that will be played at Sam Boyd Stadium before moving into the new stadium being built for UNLV and the Raiders next season. Much like when Bobby Bowden coached his final game against his former school, West Virginia, this will be an emotional contest in Las Vegas.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story there is how far USC has fallen, not about the ducks. The only 3 teams in the Pac12 in the current top 25 class ranking are ALL from the North. The power vacuum to the North has been real.

As of this morning - UW 14th, Ducks 16th, Stanford 21st (lolz at the whining about their recruiting disadvantage being why they were ass this year)

Where is the South? :noidea:
UCLA 29th Colorado 33rd, ASU 46th. USC and Utah are way the hell back.

They can talk about their coaches all they want, but when all 6 of the north are ahead of 3 of the teams in the south and your defending south champs sitting at 86th (lulz).

Sure, those are going to change a lot before hard signing day. Wouldn't be surprised to see UW lose a few after Petersen's announcement, ASU and USC are certainly sitting on a few kids that haven't made decisions yet as are a few others, but it's still glaring.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Oregon is predictably abusing the grad transfer system & portal like a rented mule to make up for its yearly issues with late flips, low IQ dummies, and player development, doesn't mean the rest of the NCAA wants run its rosters like it's the NFL.

The last three Heisman winners have come via transfer. Oregon isn’t even close to leading the transfer portal. Quit sniffling and whining. Jesus

3C107E6D-9ABF-4A74-B2BC-EA4BBC640C12.jpeg

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep pockets count.
Oregon is taking advantage of USC being down which is a very big difference. I don't blame them. USC acted like the greediest of Aholes when they were on top. I don't feel sorry for them in the least their not on top. While I hate to see Oregon benefiting the most from it, they better enjoy it while it lasts because USC is going to start flexing again.
To compare bunghole Eugene, OR to the city of LA and the USC campus when it comes to recruiting power is laughable. USC has the greatest built in recruiting advantage in the NCAA. The only reason Oregon is relevant is Uncle Phil's wallet and the extra "benefits" their recruits and current players receive that other programs don't provide. The NCAA has been in a coma lately when it comes to enforcement. Oregon can see that so they've pounced. Criscoballz has brought all those tSEC recruiting methods with him and it's obvious what's going on.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is taking advantage of USC being down which is a very big difference. I don't blame them. USC acted like the greediest of Aholes when they were on top. I don't feel sorry for them in the least their not on top. While I hate to see Oregon benefiting the most from it, they better enjoy it while it lasts because USC is going to start flexing again.
To compare bunghole Eugene, OR to the city of LA and the USC campus when it comes to recruiting power is laughable. USC has the greatest built in recruiting advantage in the NCAA. The only reason Oregon is relevant is Uncle Phil's wallet and the extra "benefits" their recruits and current players receive that other programs don't provide. The NCAA has been in a coma lately when it comes to enforcement. Oregon can see that so they've pounced. Criscoballz has brought all those tSEC recruiting methods with him and it's obvious what's going on.
Damn straight - now we just need an eight game schedule with a FCS team in late November.