• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Petersen on UW/Boise State Matchup

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a better bowl and certainly a better opponent than Washington deserves considering the season they had. It should be a tough game though, likely very close. Washington is still loaded with talent and at times looked very good but in the end they were just too inconsistent and that lead to an underachieving, underwhelming season.
Their starting TE and left tackle are opting out for the NFL draft... from ab already anemic offense. I doubt anyone is expecting much. The team didn't get up for any of their second half games until the apple cup. And even then were just ok. The cougs just had that game in their heads and were horrible.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going to lose this game, no way Pete is losing his last game

really sucky way to end the year, really playing anyone else would be better

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a better bowl and certainly a better opponent than Washington deserves considering the season they had. It should be a tough game though, likely very close. Washington is still loaded with talent and at times looked very good but in the end they were just too inconsistent and that lead to an underachieving, underwhelming season.
Seriously? It’s exactly the bowl they deserve. Before Christmas against a G5 team. How much worse does it get?

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any die hard Huskies close enough to the program to know if Quinten Pounds is healthy and playing?

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say Pete will out coach Harsin. Harsin will try to run the ball in between the tackles 40 fucking times, usually 1st and 2nd downs, and Pete knows it. I say it’s a 2 score UW win
Geez, pitman, do you even watch the games? You've been whining about Harsin since he was hired. Boise has 3 solid running backs and mix it up enough to catch the opponents when they start cheating up to cover the run. That fucking pitiful team is 12-1, only three teams have better records. Really?
I think it will be an intriguing matchup. It will boil down to the best defense in my view.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, pitman, do you even watch the games? You've been whining about Harsin since he was hired. Boise has 3 solid running backs and mix it up enough to catch the opponents when they start cheating up to cover the run. That fucking pitiful team is 12-1, only three teams have better records. Really?
I think it will be an intriguing matchup. It will boil down to the best defense in my view.

12-1 , but against who?

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do watch the games, that’s how I know we are going to run the ball between the tackles 40 times. We are 12-1 because Harsin is a damn good recruiter and we have a lot of talent. The play calling the last 3 weeks has been better, I just get sick of watching us run the read option, with no OPTIONS. Harsin has a great offensive mind, so use it..

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schedule > 1 game
We'd be happy to. Come to Boise, we'll go to Eugene. We've even installed the LeGarrette Blount tunnel to protect your sensitive players from hearing any boos as they enter or exit the lockers. :thumb:

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd be happy to. Come to Boise, we'll go to Eugene. We've even installed the LeGarrette Blount tunnel to protect your sensitive players from hearing any boos as they enter or exit the lockers. :thumb:

Great....that's still just 1 game. Schedule > 1 game.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smiles - have to admit nice clever comeback, gotta giggle from me. If BSU comes to Autzen we will make sure that we cover all the glass so it doesn’t remind you of the chin BSU has. :D

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until you play a legit schedule, no one gives a fuck about the Smurfs.
I'm always intrigued about the system we've created in college football. To the G5 schools, the refrain is always "play someone tough, just not us."
Boise's experience is that most will play you, but ask that it be a one and done game on the road or a 2 for one schedule over a number of years. The problem is math. Every single year Boise schedules a major conference opponent, often on the road, but here is the problem:
The conference schedule is fixed for every school, no matter what conference that is. Throw in a traditional nonconference rival, in Boise's case, BYU, and that's 9 games. So only 3 games are truly free to schedule. Teams don't build stadiums to only play 5 home games, everyone wants to get at least 6, the really greedy ones want 7 (translation SEC and "Bigs"). So it's nearly impossible, especially in years in which the traditional nonconference rivalry game is on the road to convince one of those schools to come to Boise.
I hate scheduling weaker teams, especially FCS schools, but sometimes that's all who will take a game. And a lot of big schools, like Auburn and Alabama schedule such a game as a "bye" game before the Iron Bowl.
So when Boise does agree to a 2 for 1 series, they can't get enough home games. And besides, even if Boise did as suggested, the naysayers would whine about their conference, or something else.
So why wouldn't a major school want to come to Boise? Simple, not enough money, and a damn good chance that they'd lose the game.
Now you know why.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always intrigued about the system we've created in college football. To the G5 schools, the refrain is always "play someone tough, just not us."
Boise's experience is that most will play you, but ask that it be a one and done game on the road or a 2 for one schedule over a number of years. The problem is math. Every single year Boise schedules a major conference opponent, often on the road, but here is the problem:
The conference schedule is fixed for every school, no matter what conference that is. Throw in a traditional nonconference rival, in Boise's case, BYU, and that's 9 games. So only 3 games are truly free to schedule. Teams don't build stadiums to only play 5 home games, everyone wants to get at least 6, the really greedy ones want 7 (translation SEC and "Bigs"). So it's nearly impossible, especially in years in which the traditional nonconference rivalry game is on the road to convince one of those schools to come to Boise.
I hate scheduling weaker teams, especially FCS schools, but sometimes that's all who will take a game. And a lot of big schools, like Auburn and Alabama schedule such a game as a "bye" game before the Iron Bowl.
So when Boise does agree to a 2 for 1 series, they can't get enough home games. And besides, even if Boise did as suggested, the naysayers would whine about their conference, or something else.
So why wouldn't a major school want to come to Boise? Simple, not enough money, and a damn good chance that they'd lose the game.
Now you know why.

Tldr; BSU admin are skurred.