• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Houston released

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go big or go home
boombox_dude.jpg

Snazzy Purse!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Ebron being signed, this was due to happen. We needed the money for this year. Suh is not guaranteed to do anything to help the situation so this was the next best thing.

I posted in another thread that I was very concerned that Houston might be done. It may seem trivial but any foot ligament injury, even a toe, can be career ending for a CB. Maybe he can catch on as a backup somewhere if he gets past it. We will see.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snazzy Purse!

It is a man purse or murse or satchel. Back then was maybe when the man bag was trying to catch on fashion wise. After seeing this cat and how manly it looks, we know why it did not take.
ACtually never looked at him just the boombox. Some reason the other pic never showed up. It was a car with a shit ton of speakers on back of car.

Go big or go home
boombox_dude.jpg

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatdya suppose is on that fancy pouch on his belt? Fuzzy handcuffs?

It is prolly a roll of tape for the cardboard folded up in his purse. The muthafugger is bout to start breaking on the corner.

TPaul I am sure this never made it's way to the Soo city limits.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is prolly a roll of tape for the cardboard folded up in his purse. The muthafugger is bout to start breaking on the corner.

TPaul I am sure this never made it's way to the Soo city limits.

Pssshh! :omg:

I got the same one in jet black 3 years ago for Christmas! We're totally with it up here meng.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His acid wash jeans and curly rockstar mullet are top notch as well.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Houston does get healthy, maybe late preseason or early in the season, would you guys want him back? Obviously it would have to be at a greatly reduced rate. I wouldn't. I think that if he was a great fit for the scheme the staff would have held on to him and hoped that he got healthy.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad, I think given that hes put in the right position he could have been successful. The secondary in detroit remains a mess.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Houston does get healthy, maybe late preseason or early in the season, would you guys want him back? Obviously it would have to be at a greatly reduced rate. I wouldn't. I think that if he was a great fit for the scheme the staff would have held on to him and hoped that he got healthy.

With the old staff I might say yes. New regime, new scheme. Houston is more a zone guy correct. Seems Austin is more man schemes. So don't forsee him even on the cheap. I did the other day when first released, thought of him being back. Just not sure he fits the system nowadays.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we may end up getting Terrell Thomas. Houston may be done as I said on another thread foot ligament injuries (even toes) are death for CBs. Thomas with multiple surgeries has a better chance then Houston at this point.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any way to sign Flowers at $4MM per for 2 years?

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions D was going to suck with or without Houston this season. Might as well be without.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions D was going to suck with or without Houston this season. Might as well be without.

EXACTLY. May as well give the young guys a chance. USA Today put out their ranking of all the secondaries in the NFL today. Detroit was ranked 31st with Houston on the roster. USA Today said they dropped them to 32nd after they cut Houston. 31st, 32nd -- makes no difference -- It is a big problem for the team.

I'm glad Houston was cut, so it will force young guys onto the field and into roles so we can see if they have the talent to be a quality player in the NFL. It is a win/win situation for the team. If the young guys prove they have what it takes -- Detroit can get them valuable game experience. If they get torched and we end up picking guys off the street to start in our secondary -- it will force our front office to do something about it in the draft or free agency.

Personally -- I think Detroit is going to have a rough go this year. I don't see Bentley being a viable starter in the NFL. Greenwood is a tremendous athlete, but everything they have wrote about him in OTA's is that he is struggling and I honestly just have a hard time seeing a player from the MIAA making the jump and being a quality starter in the NFL. I would LOVE to be wrong about him though, as his speed and size is what team's drool over for CB's in today's NFL.

Jonte Green, IMO, is the best option for the Lions in the nickel role out of the 3 guys they drafted in 2012. He isn't going to wow anyone, but he was an adequate CB when he was forced into the starting lineup and made a couple plays in there too.

I'm hanging my hat on Slay though. I've read a lot about him and he is just a really likable guy. From his relationship with his son, to all the off field time he has put in trying to make himself a better player with Rod Woodson. He is a guy who has faced elite talent in college, has the size and speed, and I think he is going to make a big jump this year, which the Lions will most definitely need.

If Slay is a bust though. YIKES. We are in some serious trouble in the secondary.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He apparently sucks at man press.

I read something about that too. Seems like Flowers would have been a better fit with the Lions defense of the last couple years. Who knows though?!?! He'd be an upgrade in our secondary if we do sign him and Slay wouldn't be forced into the #1 role too soon.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greenwood is a tremendous athlete, but everything they have wrote about him in OTA's is that he is struggling and I honestly just have a hard time seeing a player from the MIAA making the jump and being a quality starter in the NFL.

In poker terms I'm pot committed here. Somebody from the later rounds on this team has to surprise and step up into a role at one of the more critical positions and become a high quality NFL starter, and he's my best hope for that this year. With Houston's release this is his chance.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY. May as well give the young guys a chance. USA Today put out their ranking of all the secondaries in the NFL today. Detroit was ranked 31st with Houston on the roster. USA Today said they dropped them to 32nd after they cut Houston. 31st, 32nd -- makes no difference -- It is a big problem for the team.

I surely agree with the secondary being in trouble. I take no merit in preseason or truly (pre) anything. USA Today does terrible at college ball also. The season has to play out. Not that there is any resemblance of a R. SHerman in Detroit. You just never know when a player makes his stride. We as fans or should say most on this board already knows the woes of this team. I would most likely laugh had they ranked them near 20 or so. I still will let the season play out. Complete change in scheme can help or hamper this secondary.

I will say had the Lions drafted Dennard and a early S this ranking would be different. Funny thing is (we) all know Dennard would most likely look like shit for a season or two... hence why I take no merit in some guys opinions.