• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to start one Today because I feel he was robbed this last game ...Robbed I tell ya!!!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Harris' article directed at me... I had been calling him the most underrated player in the NFL the last few years, but not this year because he is finally getting that love. Great article.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that was awesome. Thanks for posting that, SpringStein.

Besides the personal perspective and insight that that article brings, what really stuck out to me and really impressed me was how well-written it is. Chris Harris definitely payed attention in English class. I appreciate good writing, and it's not too easy to find these days. Props to him.

I hope he keeps playing with a chip on his shoulder. We're lucky to have him on the team.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that was awesome. Thanks for posting that, SpringStein.

Besides the personal perspective and insight that that article brings, what really stuck out to me and really impressed me was how well-written it is. Chris Harris definitely payed attention in English class. I appreciate good writing, and it's not too easy to find these days. Props to him.

I hope he keeps playing with a chip on his shoulder. We're lucky to have him on the team.
I thought the same thing - and wondered if he had help writing it. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always up for some Chris Harris love - thanks George - very interesting read.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good read. Harris certainly doesn't lack confidence. Suppose he never would have become the player that he is if he did.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a shrimp He needs to be feisty

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same thing - and wondered if he had help writing it. ;)

He went to KU so he got a decent education. Listening to him speak I think he is a very intelligent player. Really for his size/speed combo the only way he is as good as he is comes from superior intelligence on the field.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went to KU so he got a decent education. Listening to him speak I think he is a very intelligent player. Really for his size/speed combo the only way he is as good as he is comes from superior intelligence on the field.

Harris is one of those guys that plays faster than his 40 time.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris is one of those guys that plays faster than his 40 time.

couldn't agree more. This is why actual game film should be about 70% of the evaluation process, 25% that of the interview process and background checks, and then 5% maybe what they could do at the combine and pro days. Seems like it is 50% what they do at the combine though for some of these teams.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't agree more. This is why actual game film should be about 70% of the evaluation process, 25% that of the interview process and background checks, and then 5% maybe what they could do at the combine and pro days. Seems like it is 50% what they do at the combine though for some of these teams.

Very true, but the problem is that the GM's just do not have the time to sit and evaluate a few hundred different players' film. They rely on the input of scouts, though that process is getting better, there is still a lot of bias in it and as Harris says in the article, if you do not have the pedigree, you are on the outside looking in. Then when you take into account that combine numbers are something tangible in front of you that you can look at, you understand why a lot of teams rely on it so heavily. You just would think that more teams would learn there lesson.

Then you have guys like Harris and Barrett who just slip through the cracks. We all knew Barrett had some talent, but who really knew the guy was going to take everything he learned to heart from last year and come in this year and out perform a 1st round pick?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true, but the problem is that the GM's just do not have the time to sit and evaluate a few hundred different players' film. They rely on the input of scouts, though that process is getting better, there is still a lot of bias in it and as Harris says in the article, if you do not have the pedigree, you are on the outside looking in. Then when you take into account that combine numbers are something tangible in front of you that you can look at, you understand why a lot of teams rely on it so heavily. You just would think that more teams would learn there lesson.

Then you have guys like Harris and Barrett who just slip through the cracks. We all knew Barrett had some talent, but who really knew the guy was going to take everything he learned to heart from last year and come in this year and out perform a 1st round pick?

Dude, pretty sure you've gotten even smarter than you used to be.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well in defense of people not seeing Barrett as a top player you have to remember he really went crazy this off season taking football much more serious. I mean he didn't even make our team his first year. He said that Von and DeMarcus kind of took him under their wing and said "This is how you become a professional player." They showed him eating wise and exercise wise what he needed to do. That is why I am excited to see Shane Ray after this year of getting a year of coaching. I think Shane Ray goes nuts next year.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you bear hug a receiver, you are not really getting robbed...

You say that But realty tells me he was picked right into that INT ... I stand by he was Robbed . Harris was blasted in that play 4 or 5 steps backward after getting hit by a WR .. Harris was in good position he always is the Chargers got away with a blatant pick play

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that But realty tells me he was picked right into that INT ... I stand by he was Robbed . Harris was blasted in that play 4 or 5 steps backward after getting hit by a WR .. Harris was in good position he always is the Chargers got away with a blatant pick play

I understand that and if Harris does anything except wrap his arms around the WR, I would be up in arms with you. The problem being though is he did wrap his arms around him...

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, pretty sure you've gotten even smarter than you used to be.

Not really, I just did not drink last night and can form a coherent thought today. I will try to not let that happen again.