• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris said Wilson is better than Luck

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to know how many points the defense allowed in those 11 games. If I had to take a guess, I would say that in at least 8 of those 11 they probably allowed fewer than 21 points....What I'm saying basically is that in most of those comeback wins the defense was not the issue but the offense lack of scoring was.

Example #1- Last year in Carolina the defense allowed 7 points but unfortunately Wilson and the offense was only able to score 6 points in the first 3 quarters.

Example #2- In Houston last year when Wilson had absolutely nothing to do with sending the game to OT as Sherman was the one who tied it on a pick 6 late in the 4th.

Example #3- NFC title game- San Fran only had 17 points but the Seattle offense only scored 13 through 3 quarters.

Example #4- Fail Mary game....No need to explain that garbage

Should I continue? In most of Wilson comeback wins, the defense did their job but the offense was MIA for the most part.

Do you suppose its a coincidence that 3/4 of your 4 examples were top ranked defenses that most teams had a hard time scoring against? And the fail mary game was Wilson's third start in the NFL and you can make any statement you want whether you think the ball was caught or intercepted but Wilson still put them in position to win on that drive and he stood in there and placed the ball exactly where it had to be while Clay Matthews was lining him up to bury him in the turf as soon as he let the pass fly. That pass was clutch even if you want to argue the result of it.

HallofFame

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish they could trade places for five games, and analyze the data from there.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because most Seahawks fans actually post on their team board?:noidea:

And where did I bash the Seahawks team?

Was it when I said several times how they have the BEST OVERALL team in the football?

Was it when I said their defense is the best?

Or was it when I said like Wilson and that he is a good QB?

Just because I rather Luck over Wilson doesn't mean I'm bashing Seattle

You can't talk football with Seahawks fans... they're too sensitive. Last week I got banned because I asked if Russell Wilson had the tools to put the team on his back vs. the Chargers. After the game I said, "I guess not" then all these Seahawks fans cried and banned me for posting on their board and saying I was trolling. Bunch of girls... just can't talk football with them.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ a chuck prayer being a clutch throw.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused.

the fail mary was one of Wilson comeback wins....right or wrong? If it is one of his comeback wins then it is very relevant to the post that I was responding to when bringing up the fail mary.

Not a good example IMO, he has had games that serve much better, like the game against the Falcons in the playoffs. However you cut it, the two players that make the Seahawks go in the past are Lynch and Wilson, hoping that changes this year, at least some. Folks like to talk about what Luck is lacking, but no one mentions that Wilson really hasn't had a go to receiver like Reggie Wayne

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....My point was the defense was hardly at fault for the team trailing in the 4th quarter of most of his comebacks. Every QB in the league would be happy if his defense gave up fewer than 20 points through 3 quarters of football

Lol. Most? Why, because you cherry picked a few against top defenses.

Would it be more impressive if he was coming back against a shitty defense that got up on him in large part because of his own turnovers?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't talk football with Seahawks fans... they're too sensitive. Last week I got banned because I asked if Russell Wilson had the tools to put the team on his back vs. the Chargers. After the game I said, "I guess not" then all these Seahawks fans cried and banned me for posting on their board and saying I was trolling. Bunch of girls... just can't talk football with them.

You were trolling you turd.

And you weren't questioning shit. You were saying that he DOES NOT have what it takes to put the team on his back when they need it. Lie though.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Example #1- Last year in Carolina the defense allowed 7 points but unfortunately Wilson and the offense was only able to score 6 points in the first 3 quarters.

Still had to make a perfect throw to Kearse between 2 defenders from over 40 yards out to give his team the lead on the road vs a good defense

Example #2- In Houston last year when Wilson had absolutely nothing to do with sending the game to OT as Sherman was the one who tied it on a pick 6 late in the 4th.
Selective memory it seems. Down 20-6 in the 4th the offense started a drive on their own 2 and Wilson led them 98 yards to get the score within 7. Highligts from Russell included a sideline dime on 3rd down from his 5 yard line for 24 yards. Also dug the team out of a 2nd and 24 and 4th and 3 on that drive with some scrambling.

Example #3- NFC title game- San Fran only had 17 points but the Seattle offense only scored 13 through 3 quarters.
Down 10-0 they were nearly dead in the water until Russell scrambled and threw a bomb to Baldwin to help get them on the board and give them life. Also had to complete that deep to Kearse to give them the lead for good.

Example #4- Fail Mary game....No need to explain that garbage
Not his best game no. It was his 3rd NFL game but Ill admit he wasnt much in that game.

Point his he may have not statistically dominated those games you mentioned but he made plays when they needed to be made.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note this whole "12th Man" thing. I've seen fans saying that they are the best fans out of any franchise. When asked why, a lot of them say they are the loudest and the best. Loud doesn't make you the best fans and I'd venture to say that part of the reason why the "Fans" are so loud is because of the way the stadium is constructed. It seems to hold in noise very well. If you put several other teams in that same stadium I'd bet they could be just as loud.

A lot of people think this, but it's definitely not true. The Seahawks have done a great job at promoting it and getting the fans involved. And it's nothing new, it's something that's been going on for years, going back to the Kingdome.

I've been fortunate enough to travel to several different places (over 10) and attend games. Only one had all of their fans making noise consistently (1st through 3rd down) and that was Kansas City. Most places I've been to, over half the crowd is sitting unless it's 3rd down.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is classic.

Other fans: "Luck is better and it's not close"

Seahawks fans: "I disagree and here's why"

Other fans: "See!!! Arrogant and defensive fan base!!!"

Wash, rinse, repeat.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people think this, but it's definitely not true. The Seahawks have done a great job at promoting it and getting the fans involved. And it's nothing new, it's something that's been going on for years, going back to the Kingdome.

I've been fortunate enough to travel to several different places (over 10) and attend games. Only one had all of their fans making noise consistently (1st through 3rd down) and that was Kansas City. Most places I've been to, over half the crowd is sitting unless it's 3rd down.

I completely disagree with fans that say all the noise comes from the stadium... the Seahawks fans get rocking during games. But I completely disagree that Seahawks fans have been this way since the Kingdome days lol. Excluding a small group of Seattle fans... this entire state gave two shits about football. No Seahawks decals, no bumper stickers, no flags, no jerseys on Friday at work day.... This whole "die hard" fandom thing is new. All of a sudden everyone's a diehard Seahawks fan here. I think it's funny... same thing with the Mariners.... wait until they make a big splash... everyone will be die hard Mariners fans all of a sudden.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love "ifs" - let me drop a few of my own on you.

If Luck was on the board the Seahawks would have taken Luck and they would have still won the SB.

If you would take Wilson over Luck, you would be in the vast minority.

If luck was on the Seahawks, they would be virtually unbeatable.

I don't like if's. The Seahawks started from scratch, decided to start Wilson as a rookie, and now they're defending Super Bowl champs. Where's the if's with that?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree with fans that say all the noise comes from the stadium... the Seahawks fans get rocking during games. But I completely disagree that Seahawks fans have been this way since the Kingdome days lol. Excluding a small group of Seattle fans... this entire state gave two shits about football. No Seahawks decals, no bumper stickers, no flags, no jerseys on Friday at work day.... This whole "die hard" fandom thing is new. All of a sudden everyone's a diehard Seahawks fan here. I think it's funny... same thing with the Mariners.... wait until they make a big splash... everyone will be die hard Mariners fans all of a sudden.

Yes, we HAVE been that way since the Kingdome days. You must be a young transplant because in 1985, the NFL started enforcing a noise rule when the crowd for the home team got too LOUD. The rule was mostly aimed at the Seahawks although there were other venues that got hit. I WAS at those games in the mid-late 1980's, I saw the refs enforce that penalty. We didn't give a flying @#$! and kept yelling.

Yes, the Seahawks have new (bandwagon) fans since their rise to the top. However to act like there were no fans at all until very recently is completely B.S. You are either a complete liar or you just don't know what the hell you are talking about.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah man, Seattle has always been a football town. Look at the Huskies... I'm no Husky fan, but even during the 0-12 season people were showing up.

The Kingdome is where the whole noise thing started. I went there as a kid and it was even louder than the Clink.

The only time the fan base went through a rough stretch was when Behring tried to move the team.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we HAVE been that way since the Kingdome days. You must be a young transplant because in 1985, the NFL started enforcing a noise rule when the crowd for the home team got too LOUD. The rule was mostly aimed at the Seahawks although there were other venues that got hit. I WAS at those games in the mid-late 1980's, I saw the refs enforce that penalty. We didn't give a flying @#$! and kept yelling.

Yes, the Seahawks have new (bandwagon) fans since their rise to the top. However to act like there were no fans at all until very recently is completely B.S. You are either a complete liar or you just don't know what the hell you are talking about.

The Seahawks will exceed 100 straight sellouts after the Giants game this year.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said there weren't any fans at all... but say what you want. I watched the culture change here in a blink. It went from the the majority of people not giving a crap about the Seahawks... to the majority being die hard fans all of a sudden.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like if's. The Seahawks started from scratch, decided to start Wilson as a rookie, and now they're defending Super Bowl champs. Where's the if's with that?

So what. You think Wilson would have been the only one to win a super bowl with that team? Face it, Luck has yet to be surrounded with a good team and Wilson has the best supporting cast in the league.

No one is saying Wilson isn't a good quarterback who will eventually be great. He will be. But his current role is basically Tom Brady when he was winning super bowls. Throw it 15-20 times a game, don't turn it over, and let your running game and defense win you the game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense but most of guys are blind homers.

Luck played with the 20th running offense and 20th ranked defense last year while Luck played with the top defense and top 5 running offense.

I just would love to see how good Wilson is when he has a shitty defense and a one dimensional pass first offense that is asking him to throw the ball 35+ passes every game.

I'm pretty sure Luck number would look amazing if he was asked to throw only 25 passes per game.

If you guys can just admit the obvious which is that Wilson is surrounded by a way better team and is not asked to do as much as luck, I wouldn't even debate this anymore because my opinion is my opinion and likewise for you guys but it is absolutely baffling that most Seahawks fans cannot even admit something so obvious.

Nobody would think less of Seahawks fans if you guys just said, Yes Wilson is surrounded by a much better team and he isn't asked to consistently throw 35-40 passes for his team to win games.

I have no argument with what you wrote.
Yet, I will pick a Russell Wilson led Seahawk team against any and all comers.
Sorry if that offends any of you.

If you were an HC would your plan be to throw it more than necessary?