• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris out for Denver?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harris has just said, "You have to go low on Gronk to take him down" I would done nothing but agree with him. (even while worrying as a fan on a potential injury)

I just don't think it's right for players to think it's ok to go after things like a players knees. The number one fear of almost every NFL player by a mile. There are players who understand the difference and can play the game well.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read my posts again then.. Sloooowly??

Maybe she can help with that too.

post 35 should help you....it usually is the reason when there is contact.
post 26 is also football 101 and might help you see the point

But then again....Harris could be a man about the size difference and just hit Gronk high. That way...Gronk can drag his ass 10 additional yards and Harris would be the only likely person hurt from the encounter.

First Down Pats! Go Team Go!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
post 35 should help you....it usually is the reason when there is contact.
post 26 is also football 101 and might help you see the point

But then again....Harris could be a man about the size difference and just hit Gronk high. That way...Gronk can drag his ass 10 additional yards and Harris would be the only likely person hurt from the encounter.

First Down Pats! Go Team Go!

You missing the point again. On purpose? It's not a question of hitting a guy high or low it's the point of saying "Oh yeah I go after the knees"

There are knees injuries that are unavoidable and part of the game but not if you have dimwits continuing to go after players knees, thinking it's ok.

You have a rule where you can't hit a QB low and players have learned well how to tackle a QB well... Amazing.
You have a rule where you can't target a players head for most part and somehow, someway player still tackle and knock balls loose. How could they do that?

Playing football isn't rocket science but players can figure out the difference between hitting someone low and going after a players knees. I don't even know if you can regulate it but it's not ok.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harris has just said, "You have to go low on Gronk to take him down" I would done nothing but agree with him. (even while worrying as a fan on a potential injury)

I just don't think it's right for players to think it's ok to go after things like a players knees. The number one fear of almost every NFL player by a mile. There are players who understand the difference and can play the game well.
I think you're splitting hairs here. We all know the Broncos are going to tackle Gronk low, Harris just said knees as a point of reference. It's not like the Broncos are going out there trying to blow out his knee or anything like that.

It's the same thing last week when the Broncos were asked if they would hit Roethlisberger in the shoulder if given the chance. Well, duh, of course you're going to do that. They aren't going to shy away from it just because he was hurting.

Same thing with Gronk. You've got to low on Gronk, and that means taking out his knees.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, look at the whole comment from Harris and it's pretty clear what he's talking about.

“You gotta hit him low, man — hit him in his knees,” Harris told ESPN, via Business Insider. “That’s the best chance you have of hitting him.” He added: “You gotta take his legs out or hold on and wait for everybody, wait for the gang to come on and gang tackle him.”

He mentions "going low," "hit him in his knees," and "take his legs out." Maybe he shouldn't have specifically used the word "knees," but he's just generally talking tackling him by his legs.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're splitting hairs here. We all know the Broncos are going to tackle Gronk low, Harris just said knees as a point of reference. It's not like the Broncos are going out there trying to blow out his knee or anything like that
correct....those kinda players don't last long at this level

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're splitting hairs here. We all know the Broncos are going to tackle Gronk low, Harris just said knees as a point of reference. It's not like the Broncos are going out there trying to blow out his knee or anything like that.

Unfortunately you don't really know that. Sad but true. It only take one Burfit type to not know the difference.

If he had said "I'm not talking about blowing someone's knee out but.." or just "You got to take Gronk down low" I would have just agreed (while wincing)

It's the same thing last week when the Broncos were asked if they would hit Roethlisberger in the shoulder if given the chance. Well, duh, of course you're going to do that. They aren't going to shy away from it just because he was hurting.

Same thing with Gronk. You've got to low on Gronk, and that means taking out his knees.

People tackle Gronk low a lot. It doesn't have to someone diving for his knees.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, look at the whole comment from Harris and it's pretty clear what he's talking about.

“You gotta hit him low, man — hit him in his knees,” Harris told ESPN, via Business Insider. “That’s the best chance you have of hitting him.” He added: “You gotta take his legs out or hold on and wait for everybody, wait for the gang to come on and gang tackle him.”

He mentions "going low," "hit him in his knees," and "take his legs out." Maybe he shouldn't have specifically used the word "knees," but he's just generally talking tackling him by his legs.

Well I hope it's just a figure of speech. Like I've been saying. I agree with most of what he said. He's right.

The Patriots had Brandon Meriweather on their team for a while. What a moron. He still can't figure out or won't stop wacking people in the head.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately you don't really know that. Sad but true. It only take one Burfit type to not know the difference.

If he had said "I'm not talking about blowing someone's knee out but.." or just "You got to take Gronk down low" I would have just agreed (while wincing)

People tackle Gronk low a lot.

But he did say that, people are just focusing on the knees part.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he did say that, people are just focusing on the knees part.

I said I had a problem which him talking about going after his knees.

Maybe it's just a figure of speech. I hope so. If he had clarified it as such, I would have said nothing. It only takes one.
I wish he had clarified just a bit.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I hope it's just a figure of speech. Like I've been saying. I agree with most of what he said. He's right.

The Patriots had Brandon Meriweather on their team for a while. What a moron. He still can't figure out or won't stop wacking people in the head.

I think you are being too sensitive to language. Harris is a football player, not a diplomat.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe it's just a figure of speech. I hope so. If he had clarified it as such, I would have said nothing. It only takes one.
He did clarify it, that's what I'm telling you. Look at this post.

You gotta hit him low, man — hit him in his knees,” Harris told ESPN, via Business Insider. “That’s the best chance you have of hitting him.” He added: “You gotta take his legs out or hold on and wait for everybody, wait for the gang to come on and gang tackle him.”

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PERFECT!

These type statements reek of political correctness being supreme... and you're a Pats fan. :lol:

hey...b4 to long, maybe play 7 on 7 in shorts T-shirts and white tube socks.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PERFECT!

These type statements reek of political correctness being supreme... and you're a Pats fan. :lol:

hey...b4 to long, maybe play 7 on 7 in shorts T-shirts and white tube socks.

It's less about correctness and more about the difference between a football player and a thug. I don't even know Chris Harris enough to know. Some players can tell the difference and some can't..

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's less about correctness and more about the difference between a football player and a thug. I don't even know Chris Harris enough to know. Some players can tell the difference and some can't..

I've seen him play quite a bit and it's never crossed my mind that Harris is even remotely a dirty player. On the other hand, his partner, and former Pats player, Aquib Talib can be a whole different story. :L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference between taking down a player by going low and going specifically for his knees, ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY.

There is a big difference. You don't think we Patriots fans see players take Gronk down by going low? A LOT..

Players grab him by the lower legs and ankles, shoulder roll at him all the time and it does work real well. Very effective and yes there's still a danger of an injury but it's a hell of lot different than going for the knees. Part of it is part of the game and part of it shouldn't be. It should not be the mindset of a player.

There's a difference between going for a player low and going to the knees. It's not ok.

It's the same thing when players say they can't do anything about wacking a player in the head.

Think about it.

Some of you Patriot fans have become so sensitive this week that you see everything as a slight towards your team. Again if you played football this was a saying that happened all the time of "go for the knees." We had a guy that played in our division that was 240 lbs. and ran a 4.5 forty. He went on to play division I football. All week at practice our coaches would shout "Go for the Knees." This wasn't them trying to tell us go out and injure the player. It was a target zone that we were aiming for.

The KNEES are LOW so by saying go for the Knees you are saying GO LOW! I don't get why you are taking this so harshly. No Bronco player is out there thinking "we really want to hurt Gronk and ruin his career." There is a brotherhood among these players that they care about each other and want the best especially injury wise. At the same time they realize they have a job to do and by strapping on that helmet every week they are risking severe injury.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Bronco fans have seen Harris on and many times off the field and the man is a very kind hearted guy that has worked his tail off to get where he is. He is very humble and works to serve in the community every chance he gets. On the field I can't remember a single personal foul or point that anybody thought what he was doing was dirty. So when he says to go for the knees of a bigger player I would say you have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he is just meaning you go to go low as he later talked about in the same interview.