• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Culliver arrested.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If the Niners don't sign Culliver to a contract extension despite this mess, they're missing out on an opportunity of a lifetime. They have a chance to get this guy locked up (no pun intended) for a HUGE discount now. And they can put in his contract contingencies about his impending legal issues. If he goes to prison & misses a season, they obviously wouldn't have to pay him.

Getting guys like this on the cheap is how you fill a roster w/ enough cap room to keep / go after the big pieces.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Niners don't sign Culliver to a contract extension despite this mess, they're missing out on an opportunity of a lifetime. They have a chance to get this guy locked up (no pun intended) for a HUGE discount now. And they can put in his contract contingencies about his impending legal issues. If he goes to prison & misses a season, they obviously wouldn't have to pay him.

Getting guys like this on the cheap is how you fill a roster w/ enough cap room to keep / go after the big pieces.

I agree. 100℅

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culliver isn't good enough for this trouble, cut him loose.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Culliver isn't good enough for this trouble, cut him loose.

I fail to see how this is trouble for anyone not named Chris Culliver.

And as far as how good he is, he was essentially a starter in his 2nd season. He's 25 & one of the more athletic corners in the NFC West. Cutting him now seems like watching Rocky up to the point where he runs up the steps in the montage & turning it off right before he fights Apollo Creed.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fail to see how this is trouble for anyone not named Chris Culliver.

And as far as how good he is, he was essentially a starter in his 2nd season. He's 25 & one of the more athletic corners in the NFC West. Cutting him now seems like watching Rocky up to the point where he runs up the steps in the montage & turning it off right before he fights Apollo Creed.

He wasn't a starter though and the fact is, he wasn't very good when healthy. Now coming off a major injury and major legal troubles makes me like him even less. No thanks, we can get mediocre/athletic CBs else where, matter of fact we just signed one.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Rocky wasn't a homophobic scumbag piece of shit.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He wasn't a starter though and the fact is, he wasn't very good when healthy.

Neither was Tarrell Brown, but the Niners didn't cut him last offseason. Except Brown wasn't in his 2nd season.

If Culliver deserved to be cut he would've been cut last year or right when free agency started. But Baalke knows that Culliver is a quality asset, and cutting him would be insane.

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets Hope 49ers draft either Gilbert or Dennard.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should wait longer to extend him. It's just a matter of time before he does something incredibly stupid that will give us a discount.

6 months until he does something stupid that will get media attention. Over or under?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither was Tarrell Brown, but the Niners didn't cut him last offseason. Except Brown wasn't in his 2nd season.

If Culliver deserved to be cut he would've been cut last year or right when free agency started. But Baalke knows that Culliver is a quality asset, and cutting him would be insane.

You are entitled to your opinion but I disagree.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maybe we should wait longer to extend him. It's just a matter of time before he does something incredibly stupid that will give us a discount.

6 months until he does something stupid that will get media attention. Over or under?

Time is on our hands anyways. We have the remainder of this offseason and all of the season coming up to decide whether or not to extend him. Drafting a corner or two and making him sweat a little bit isn't a bad strategy.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't a starter though and the fact is, he wasn't very good when healthy. Now coming off a major injury and major legal troubles makes me like him even less. No thanks, we can get mediocre/athletic CBs else where, matter of fact we just signed one.

To further the point, I don't think that Culliver is much better, if at all, then Cook is...both in talent and production.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cully is a way better then Cook. U are nuts to think other wise.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree with the idea the Niners can extend Culliver for the cheap because of his arrest. His situation is a drop in the proverbial bucket and we wouldn't give it as much thought if it happened during the season.

To my knowledge Culliver doesn't have a history of arrests, so I feel like this isn't as bad as what Aldon went through AT ALL.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Rocky wasn't a homophobic scumbag piece of shit.

Dude, you gotta give people a chance. SO what if he calls people fags or said "homophobic" shit?

I grew up on a culture that was very negative towards the LGBT community, but times change people. I know I changed. You can't crucify a man for 1 dumbass comment.