• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Culliver arrested.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Outside the football world, I'd be more concerned with very public domestic violence than a physical altercation with someone in a bar. Odds are very good the domestic violence isn't limited to that once instance.

Outside of the football world so would I. But I don't think beating up on your family affects your play. Frequent partying does.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Officer, I have a bad back. So I should be able to carry around six weeks worth of vicodin in a plastic baggie at this club with impunity."

I was hit by a car and am prescribed painkillers, and if a cop stops me with my bottle (containing a day's worth of medication) & and doctors note, I still get harassed and threatened with charges of intent to sell when carrying less than my entire number of medication with me (because I've been robbed before and don't want to carry everything with me). Then, they demand you bring in the rest of your month's medication in order to prove you aren't selling your medication. And I'm white! Imagine if I was a person of color?!

I never defended Cully's situation except that we should wait for the lawyers to do their jobs, and I didn't follow Jolly's situation closely because I simply didn't care. All I said is that initial charges can be a crock of shit.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never defended Cully's situation except that we should wait for the lawyers to do their jobs, and I didn't follow Jolly's situation closely because I simply didn't care. All I said is that initial charges can be a crock of shit.

Are you proposing that this may be an elaborate setup to get Culliver arrested or something? Because that sounds incredibly unlikely to me considering the eyewitness accounts.

While that alone is not enough to convict someone of a felony, I don't see any problem with concluding that he almost certainly is guilty of the charges against him.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you proposing that this may be an elaborate setup to get Culliver arrested or something? Because that sounds incredibly unlikely to me considering the eyewitness accounts.

While that alone is not enough to convict someone of a felony, I don't see any problem with concluding that he almost certainly is guilty of the charges against him.

Do you not understand English? All. I. Am. Saying. Is. Wait. For. The. Case. To. Play. Out.

I know we're all bored without the football season, but things have been getting ESPN bad this year. SportsHoopla is supposed to be better than this.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not understand English? All. I. Am. Saying. Is. Wait. For. The. Case. To. Play. Out.

I know we're all bored without the football season, but things have been getting ESPN bad this year. SportsHoopla is supposed to be better than this.

Uh, of course I understood you.

I simply disagree with your assessment that we can't or at least shouldn't be forming our opinions of this case before it plays out.

There are detailed and consistent eyewitness accounts. Furthermore, since I don't believe in an elaborate conspiracy intended to frame Chris Culliver, I've already formed my opinion prior to the conclusion of how this plays out. Maybe you'd like to sit there and say "Derp, I don't know what happened for sure", but I'd rather not.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, of course I understood you.

I simply disagree with your assessment that we can't or at least shouldn't be forming our opinions of this case before it plays out.

There are detailed and consistent eyewitness accounts. Furthermore, since I don't believe in an elaborate conspiracy intended to frame Chris Culliver, I've already formed my opinion prior to the conclusion of how this plays out. Maybe you'd like to sit there and say "Derp, I don't know what happened for sure", but I'd rather not.

So, why don't you want to wait? Boredom with the offseason? Experience? Opinion?

I've said multiple times that I'm not defending his actions, but that we should wait. You see this, you just ignore that I'm only saying I disagree with your opinion.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, why don't you want to wait? Boredom with the offseason? Experience? Opinion?

I've said multiple times that I'm not defending his actions, but that we should wait. You see this, you just ignore that I'm only saying I disagree with your opinion.

I can't help forming an opinion from the facts presented before me.

I'm fine with disagreeing. I just felt the need to clear things up for you since you somehow concluded that our difference stances somehow meant that I don't understand English. :noidea:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd wait for more information to come out, whether that be by trial or whatnot. I am not that concerned with what the jury finds (conviction or not) as I would often disagree with them even if I were on the jury. Evidence, perhaps not in this case, is often suppressed, which affects conviction but not really guilt. Their verdict doesn't bind me, primarily because I'm not deciding whether he deserves punishment, just whether I think he did something wrong, even if that doesn't amount to criminal wrongfulness. Information can help on that and it works both ways. I perhaps could find something is not as bad as what a jury finds.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I was hit by a car and am prescribed painkillers, and if a cop stops me with my bottle (containing a day's worth of medication) & and doctors note, I still get harassed and threatened with charges of intent to sell when carrying less than my entire number of medication with me (because I've been robbed before and don't want to carry everything with me). Then, they demand you bring in the rest of your month's medication in order to prove you aren't selling your medication. And I'm white! Imagine if I was a person of color?!

Bing inconvenienced is not in the same universe as "can be defined as intent to sell."

And of course sometimes criminal charges are bogus (rarely). Culliver's crime was a hit & run, and there was a witness. I don't have to wait for a jury to convene to have an opinion about that.