• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Clark Appreciation Thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos may pick up guys who have been cut, but not for starters - more likely guys for the practice squad.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 7th? That's it? Colot me unimpressed. .....

This is what happens at this time of year. Teams that think they are in the running would rather use a late round pick like a 7th to secure a player that another team is going to cut so that they have dibs on the player instead of them being open to everybody in the league. WE did this last year with McManus in the Giants knew they were not going to keep him so the only way the Broncos were going to get him was to give up a 7th for a guy that was going to be cut. There were from what I understand about 2-3 teams ahead of us on the waiver wire that wanted him.

So while yes it is not great value it is still more value than just cutting him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos may pick up guys who have been cut, but not for starters - more likely guys for the practice squad.

The big problem with this idea is that because we are so low on the Waiver Wire claims process very unlikely we get a guy that could make our team. Have to remember that players that are cut by another team have to be signed to the 53-man roster. Otherwise they are first made available for whatever team that cut that player's practice squad. So essentially the only guys we could get are the ones unclaimed off the waiver wire, unclaimed off that teams practice squad. AT that point the players left that are worth anything are long gone. It is why if we want somebody that is maybe a fringe player we are going to have to trade for them.