• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Choose your breakout qb

Choose your breakout qb

• Mitch trubisky

• Lamar jackson

• Baker mayfield

• Josh allen

• Kyler Murray

• Nick foles

• Sam darnold

• DWAyne haskins

• Josh rosen

• Daniel jones

Results are only viewable after voting.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, his numbers are still pretty average across the board. Maybe some year he'll top 22 TD passes over a full 16 games.
the first year wasn't average and the second half last year wasn't average. His first playoff (GB) game wasn't average and the Rams playoff game last year was pretty darn good when Elliott was shut down. Fourteen game winning drives (3 seasons) sure isn't average. It's funny you think Dallas could pick a guy off the street and be as good....just another example of your constant put downs of the Dallas QB, but Lord help us if one negative thing is mentioned about Mayfield...and to think you point a finger at Dallas fans for bring sensitive. Too funny! We'll see how cocky plays out...tough shit if I think that shows itself and doesn't play as well in the Pros.

AND....Dak has had a anchor around his foot with Linahan calling the plays. The most predicable team in the NFL. I think that changes for the good and shows well in passing stats. I'll also remind you that not one Cowboy fan has said Dak is top 10. WE ALL KNOW HE NEEDS TO IMPROVE...he's just no where near this bus driver easily replaced QB as you've said here on multiple occasions. That's why you get the attention of cowboy fans, but I think you know that, no matter your claim I'm obsessed with you. Hate shit gets attention just like my one comment about your QB. :pound:

BTW...he has thrown for more than 22 TD's and his rushing TD's count for something, but he's yet to throw 14 picks in a season, even in his worst full 16 game season.

Time will tell this tale

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the first year wasn't average and the second half last year wasn't average. His first playoff (GB) game wasn't average and the Rams playoff game last year was pretty darn good when Elliott was shut down. Fourteen game winning drives (3 seasons) sure isn't average. It's funny you think Dallas could pick a guy off the street and be as good....just another example of your constant put downs of the Dallas QB, but Lord help us if one negative thing is mentioned about Mayfield...and to think you point a finger at Dallas fans for bring sensitive. Too funny! We'll see how cocky plays out...tough shit if I think that shows itself and doesn't play as well in the Pros.

AND....Dak has had a anchor around his foot with Linahan calling the plays. The most predicable team in the NFL. I think that changes for the good and shows well in passing stats. I'll also remind you that not one Cowboy fan has said Dak is top 10. WE ALL KNOW HE NEEDS TO IMPROVE...he's just no where near this bus driver easily replaced QB as you've said here on multiple occasions. That's why you get the attention of cowboy fans, but I think you know that, no matter your claim I'm obsessed with you. Hate shit gets attention just like my one comment about your QB. :pound:

BTW...he has thrown for more than 22 TD's and his rushing TD's count for something, but he's yet to throw 14 picks in a season, even in his worst full 16 game season.

Time will tell this tale
Weird. It's as if this entire time I've literally said he needs to improve because so far he hasn't proven to be worth that high of a salary, and I got my ass chewed for it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird. It's as if this entire time I've literally said he needs to improve because so far he hasn't proven to be worth that high of a salary, and I got my ass chewed for it.
nope you got "your ass chewed" for saying he's mediocre, bus driver and replaceable several times. Huge ass difference!

Market value is market value and he may or may not get his money this season. One thing is for sure, he's out performed his 4th round rookie contract by a considerable margin

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope you got "your ass chewed" for saying he's mediocre, bus driver and replaceable several times. Huge ass difference!

Market value is market value and he may or may not get his money this season. One thing is for sure, he's out performed his 4th round rookie contract by a considerable margin
Bus driver? What the hell does that even mean?

How can you be so sure he's not replaceable? How can you say without question that a QB that costs maybe $20m a year wouldn't be able to win with your loaded roster? He's out-performed a 4th round pick, absolutely, but that doesn't mean he's worth elite-level money. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd love to see a guy like Jameis Winston on the Cowboys at a fraction of the cost of what Dak is about to be, with that defense, that OL, and that running game supporting him. I don't think it would be a drop-off, and if you look at advanced metrics Winston was actually better than Dak last year - total QBR, DYOA (defense-adjusted yards above replacement), and DVOA (defense-adjusted value over average, representing the per-play value over an average quarterback in the same game situations).

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Allen. New rebuilt o line. Has some new speedy wrs
. Can throw as far as mahomes and can run like cam. I cant Express enough how much I like this dude

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bus driver? What the hell does that even mean?

How can you be so sure he's not replaceable? How can you say without question that a QB that costs maybe $20m a year wouldn't be able to win with your loaded roster? He's out-performed a 4th round pick, absolutely, but that doesn't mean he's worth elite-level money. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd love to see a guy like Jameis Winston on the Cowboys at a fraction of the cost of what Dak is about to be, with that defense, that OL, and that running game supporting him. I don't think it would be a drop-off, and if you look at advanced metrics Winston was actually better than Dak last year - total QBR, DYOA (defense-adjusted yards above replacement), and DVOA (defense-adjusted value over average, representing the per-play value over an average quarterback in the same game situations).
LOL
think you answered your own question.
To play in an offense the Cowboys deploy you have to be smart.
Winston has nothing between the ears compared to not just Dak, but any quality starter.
You remind me of a guy that gets stuck on a player's tools & ignore how they use them.

Jameis Winston :laugh3:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
think you answered your own question.
To play in an offense the Cowboys deploy you have to be smart.
Winston has nothing between the ears compared to not just Dak, but any quality starter.
You remind me of a guy that gets stuck on a player's tools & ignore how they use them.

Jameis Winston :laugh3:
Stop it. You're acting like the Cowboys run some ridiculously sophisticated offense. Winston was better last year in 3 pretty major qualitative categories, and he did it with a significantly worse OL and no running game at all. Winston's QBR was over 10 points better than Dak. QBR is a metric that takes a quarterback’s stats but strips away numbers he doesn’t account for, likes dropped passes and yards after catch by receivers and missed blocks by offensive linemen. A quarterback’s play during close games also is incorporated into QBR, yet you guys point out Dak's clutch play constantly on here.

Fact is, Dak is a good QB who has also had the benefit of playing on an absolutely loaded roster that props him up. Put him on TB and do you honestly think his numbers would be good? Give me a break.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it. You're acting like the Cowboys run some ridiculously sophisticated offense. Winston was better last year in 3 pretty major qualitative categories, and he did it with a significantly worse OL and no running game at all. Winston's QBR was over 10 points better than Dak. QBR is a metric that takes a quarterback’s stats but strips away numbers he doesn’t account for, likes dropped passes and yards after catch by receivers and missed blocks by offensive linemen. A quarterback’s play during close games also is incorporated into QBR, yet you guys point out Dak's clutch play constantly on here.

Fact is, Dak is a good QB who has also had the benefit of playing on an absolutely loaded roster that props him up. Put him on TB and do you honestly think his numbers would be good? Give me a break.

Sure....Dallas was loaded at wide receiver and the defense was good last year but hardly the 85 Bears. The oline hasn't been all that good (last two seasons) due to injuries and he's been handcuffed with the worst play caller in football. You remain an idiot to haggle over a couple of million when the SF & Minnesota QB make what they make and as I said earlier, no sure thing Dak gets paid this year, Jerry could ask to see another year. Who knows? At the present time, Dak is the best bargain at QB throughout the NFI. Get on your high horse and tell us all about it when it happens

BUT MOSTLY, like the Cleveland QB, you remain one cocky SOB, and you've yet to show your fucking opinions have any more value. Matter of fact, this Winston shit is pure stupid hour stuff. Winston has issues just leading himself, much less a team. Buy a fucking clue with that bull shit, or better yet, move the fuck on. The only reason this shit has started up again is cause you cried when I said I expect Mayfields cocky ass will show itself and not play as well in the pros as it did in the Big 12.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it. You're acting like the Cowboys run some ridiculously sophisticated offense.
no. They play tight football. Even though I hate the way Garrett plays it. it is how the Cowboys play.
Which means mistakes hurt a lot more than a team that is always trying to score 30+

Winston is the perfect example of how the Cowboys would have a losing record if they replaced Dak with a lesser player. (less intelligent)

you literally couldnt make my point any better!

Another thing about how the Cowboys call plays.
Just because Dak doesnt throw 50 times a game. Doesnt mean he cant (successfully). Just that they dont.
If the team needs him in the 4th. He delivers.

Winston....... well ....... :laugh3:

I would take Fitz over winston as a back up.
Winston knows one thing. If you turn the ball over more. You will be asked to throw more.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure....Dallas was loaded at wide receiver and the defense was good last year but hardly the 85 Bears. The oline hasn't been all that good (last two seasons) due to injuries and he's been handcuffed with the worst play caller in football. You remain an idiot to haggle over a couple of million when the SF & Minnesota QB make what they make and as I said earlier, no sure thing Dak gets paid this year, Jerry could ask to see another year. Who knows? At the present time, Dak is the best bargain at QB throughout the NFI. Get on your high horse and tell us all about it when it happens

BUT MOSTLY, like the Cleveland QB, you remain one cocky SOB, and you've yet to show your fucking opinions have any more value. Matter of fact, this Winston shit is pure stupid hour stuff. Winston has issues just leading himself, much less a team. Buy a fucking clue with that bull shit, or better yet, move the fuck on. The only reason this shit has started up again is cause you cried when I said I expect Mayfields cocky ass will show itself and not play as well in the pros as it did in the Big 12.
What do you mean he could "ask to see another year"?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. They play tight football. Even though I hate the way Garrett plays it. it is how the Cowboys play.
Which means mistakes hurt a lot more than a team that is always trying to score 30+

Winston is the perfect example of how the Cowboys would have a losing record if they replaced Dak with a lesser player. (less intelligent)

you literally couldnt make my point any better!

Another thing about how the Cowboys call plays.
Just because Dak doesnt throw 50 times a game. Doesnt mean he cant (successfully). Just that they dont.
If the team needs him in the 4th. He delivers.

Winston....... well ....... :laugh3:

I would take Fitz over winston as a back up.
Winston knows one thing. If you turn the ball over more. You will be asked to throw more.
Your point hasn't been proven whatsoever. You have no idea what the Cowboys' record would be with Winston. I'm sure as hell not saying he's elite, but I'd rather have Winston at maybe $20m than Dak at $35m, especially when his qualitative numbers were better.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point hasn't been proven whatsoever. You have no idea what the Cowboys' record would be with Winston. I'm sure as hell not saying he's elite, but I'd rather have Winston at maybe $20m than Dak at $35m, especially when his qualitative numbers were better.
make sense coming from a browns fan. You have been conditioned for a very long time to have a shitty QB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think any player is worth 35 mil.
but
the alternative is to start over at QB which makes your team a sub 500 team.
So while I dont agree with how the NFL has it set up to automatically keep upping all player salaries every year.
As a fan I dont want to see my team be a sub500 team when they dont have to be.
Dak will get paid regardless of how I feel. So as long as he keeps winning.
Way sub-500; more like a 3 or 4 win team. Dallas without Dak would be horrible this year. If he gets hurt the season is over