• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Choose your breakout qb

Choose your breakout qb

• Mitch trubisky

• Lamar jackson

• Baker mayfield

• Josh allen

• Kyler Murray

• Nick foles

• Sam darnold

• DWAyne haskins

• Josh rosen

• Daniel jones

Results are only viewable after voting.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in all the things I have read in context.
Dont remember anyone insinuating Dak would be the face of the NFL.

So is this the standard Comment you would say to teams fans that dont believe their QB would be the face of the NFL?
Kind of silly.
Nope, it's the comment I would say to a fan who is disparaging Baker because of some supposed "college bull shit". Sounds pretty silly to me.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, it's the comment I would say to a fan who is disparaging Baker because of some supposed "college bull shit". Sounds pretty silly to me.
well that I agree with.
Most college kids are doing something stupid unless they plan on being a politician or something.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like to see the poll results if you remove Baker.

Most voted for him because he already essentially broke out. I don't put him in this category. Just curious where those 19 votes go.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most voted for him because he already essentially broke out. I don't put him in this category. Just curious where those 19 votes go.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my quote, and it was a response to him saying that Baker's "college bull shit" will resurface, so I was responding to his idiotic prediction. I was being sarcastic, but he just can't seem to get over it.

And I suppose you think you're not

had to face palm this post...for nothing else, being to full of yourself

If nothing else, you now know it wasn't Elliott serving his 6 games that had an effect on Dak's play
and
Year 3 was pretty darn good and year 2 wasn't the shit storm you made it out to be

we'll see what Baker becomes after he's played more than a year...that college bull shit will resurface and yes, I'd rather have Prescott

I'm done here, unless you want to continue saying shit you know NOTHING about

and here's my post. You assume I'm talking about college drinking and I'm not. hell, Prescott got a DWI in collage I'm talking about the taunting of opponents almost on a weekly basis. Kansas had a shit team and they wouldn't even shake his hand his senior year after the crap he laid out his Junior year in a blow out. Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, OK State, K-State...they all witnessed his on the field side show. Baker is cocky, and I think that resurfaces again but won't play well in the NFL.

Your panties got wadded up pretty good over that ONE criticism of Mayfield and you've countered with Prescott being mediocre, game manager on multiple occasions. We'll see how this all turns out in time. I prefer QB's let their play do their talking and I remain sure that's not in Baker's DNA makeup.

Dallas fans know the make up of their QB, his leadership skills with all teammates. He's coachable and works his ass. You won't hear of him calling out a coach or teammate, something your boy has already done in year one. There will be high times and low times in the NFL, and I remain pretty sure from what I observed in college, Baker won't handle um all with class.

You say you've got the future face of the NFL in Cleveland. You say most would prefer Mayfield over Prescott and I say we'll see how this turns out. I still prefer Prescott going forward and from what I've read, so would all of this teammates (offense, defense and practice squad) I'm still betting leopards show their spots in due time...and that's Baker to me. Sorry your panties remain bunched about that, least you got another opportunity to say Prescott was just a game manger while your guy is the future face of the NFL. It's funny to me you now want to back away from all that and call it sarcasm when the truth was you got pissed, lashed out and cashed a check that won't cash.

We'll see in due time

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that Browns fans are in some Cowboys' fans heads on here. It's the Browns, they will be threatened by any fans nowadays :pound:

Give us Browns fans a break, we haven't looked this good on paper in 30 years or longer, let us have that for now ffs

I haven't been threatened by the Browns since Dr. Frank Ryan, Lee Roy Kelly were in the backfield in the late 60's, but being giddy is usually better played on a team board moreso than the general board. Also...most Brown fans seem reserved about all this. I know it's just a couple of shit talkers. That poor Browns card is nice, I guess it gives a free pass for Lion fans some day. :nod:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry for the double, and triple posts....just didn't seem to be posting
It would be great if a Mod could clean those up

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't exactly set the world on fire in his one start vs a poor defense.

1ST START…aint a new NFL QB that came out lights out either.

btw…

i begged to get mannion off the rams bench for years on here and i just found out a week latter (last night) that sean's a viking backup now.

brilliant move Vikes.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1ST START…aint a new NFL QB that came out lights out either.

btw…

i begged to get mansion off the rams bench for years on here and i just found out a week latter (last night) that sean's a viking backup now.

brilliant move Vikes.

I think the main point here is that he was extremely unimpressive in his only start vs a terrible D and that he's done absolutely nothing to warrant the label as a potential breakout QB one day. He looks like a career backup to everyone that isn't a Beavers fan.

And I'm not sure what you're talking about... Watson and Mahomes came out firing. Darnold had an impressive debut. A ton of good QB's have had good debuts.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the main point here is that he was extremely unimpressive in his only start vs a terrible D and that he's done absolutely nothing to warrant the label as a potential breakout QB one day. He looks like a career backup to everyone that isn't a Beavers fan.

i'll bookmark your bullshit…mannion OWNS the PAC12 passing records to date and goff was shit his entire NFL 1st year.

thanks for playin.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla is lagging badly, thus all the double, triple posts. I’ll clean those up, but deleting a post is also going very slowly.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll bookmark your bullshit…mannion OWNS the PAC12 passing records to date and goff was shit his entire NFL 1st year.

thanks for playin.

He owns the yardage record... and he passed Matt Barkley. lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The denial on this site is so awesome.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about removing trubs? Someone told me he made the pro bowl, as a deep alternate, and that he had a study season

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about removing trubs? Someone told me he made the pro bowl, as a deep alternate, and that he had a study season

I suppose that you could make an argument for Trubs being removed. However, I think the national consensus is quite mixed and filled with skepticism towards him. The pro bowl was nice, but he made it as an alternate. I wouldn't assert that accomplishment as meaning "you're in the club" among the leagues top QB's. He has a good deal to prove this season, and I wouldn't argue that.

He had a "good" QB season and certainly demonstrated growth. Perhaps if Parkey sinks that kick, he gets praised for his 4th quarter performance and people talk about those final two drives vs Philly as his "defining" or "I have arrived" moment. I don't think he's earned that, though.

I'm a huge Trubs fan, but if I'm not ready to crown him as being worth the #2 pick. No one outside of crazy Bears homers should be. I wouldn't change the pick for Watson, but as it stands... you would have to for Mahomes. Duh

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose that you could make an argument for Trubs being removed. However, I think the national consensus is quite mixed and filled with skepticism towards him. The pro bowl was nice, but he made it as an alternate. I wouldn't assert that accomplishment as meaning "you're in the club" among the leagues top QB's. He has a good deal to prove this season, and I wouldn't argue that.

He had a "good" QB season and certainly demonstrated growth. Perhaps if Parkey sinks that kick, he gets praised for his 4th quarter performance and people talk about those final two drives vs Philly as his "defining" or "I have arrived" moment. I don't think he's earned that, though.

I'm a huge Trubs fan, but if I'm not ready to crown him as being worth the #2 pick. No one outside of crazy Bears homers should be. I wouldn't change the pick for Watson, but as it stands... you would have to for Mahomes. Duh
i agree with you, i guess i just mput his season with baker's, would be my point. Both were great. Yeah bakers was literally a GOAT. but they arent stars YET